Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi Terry here I e-mailed DR P Dedonckers about Liposculpture,he has not got back yet,I think it is a great price 2.500 euro for chin,chest,stomach,abdomen,hips,love handless, inner thighs and kness. I hope to go about aug-sept I still have 20 pound to go. I was looking at all the people that had tummy tucks and they look great,I dont no what to do, I will wait and see what the doc thinks talk later Terry

Hi Laura

He'll probably get back to you asking you to email him some photos and from that he shd be able to tell if you need a Tummy Tuck or just Lipo. In my case, he suggested the lipo to shift the fat and then lots of exercises to strengthen the muschle behind. He didnt seem to feel id need a tuck now as there isnt too much loose skin. I'm back home now and my 3 lovelies are jumping on me wanting piggy backs - am kindof wishing my flight had been delayed for a week more or two! Sore and tired and waiting for my neurofen to work. Am currently swollen to about three times my former size!!! All of which is apparently normal.

I like to go online regularly however to check what my symptoms are related to....... I was like a b...h last night when the internet didnt work in the house and all I wanted was to check back into a comfortable quiet hotel where no one demanded piggy backs of me.....

All the best with it.

Hi Ellen laura here what weight were you and what did you have done exactly and how much did it cost,ihope you dont mind all the questions

Hi Laura

Happy to answer any questions. Do you mean how much i weighed b4 the Lipo or b4 the band?.

I weighed 14 st 5 last August before the band. A week ago I weighed 11 st 7 before armlift on Fri 14th and lipo to the stomach (this was the main part), hips and inner thighs and knees on Tues 18th. Arm lift was easy peasy. I'll have scars on the inner arm down to my elbow. They shd start to fade in 2-3 mts and just be silver in 12-18 mts to the extent that i shd be able to wear strappy tops. My caesaerian scar has faded so that I have to look carefully to find it so am not too worried about that.

He took out about 3 ltrs of fat (at least half from the tummy I suspect) which is just under 6 lbs plus the bit off the arms was about a lb so hopefully by the time the swelling is gone (I'll give it a month before I weigh myself) hopefully I'll be down to close to my target weight. Target weight at the moment is 10 st 10 (BMI of 25) but I may shift that further downwards once I get there. Depends on how scrawny my neck is looking. Ideally i'd love to be at 10 st cos when I was last at that weight (some 23 years ago!) I was in first year of College and having a ball. It has happy memories for me! However, I may not get there cos I feel my neck is beginning to look its age recently.

Its hard to judge either the arms or the lipo yet. He took about 3.5 to 4 inches off the arms at their widest. Im still covered in bandages and swollen so I dont see a vast change just yet. Lipo wise, its also hard to judge cos Im so swollen and very bruised in the treated areas. Tummy definitely flatter though. He told me to start moving asap as this will really speed up Water retention issue and the recovery. Am back on treadmill today (Ive done an hour slowly so far) - not difficult or painful at all though moving from the couch / bed to standing is quite painful.

Happy to recommend Dr D wholeheartedly. He's very good and his prices are excellent relative to the rip offs here. I enquired about getting a Tummy Tuck in Dublin a few months ago and was given a price of 10-12K. You'd get it for 1/4 of that in Belgium. Plus my big issue here (right or wrong) is that there is so little demand for cosmetic plastic surgery in Ireland here that the surgeons only get to do a little bit of everything burns, accidents, moles, cleft palates as a small proportion of cosmetic jobs). This leaves us with only ACS, Harley Medical clinics who may have the experience in cosmetic surgery but dont have the safety of a hospital setting. Plus, its the individual surgeon you need to research not just the agency ... cos its he who's got the knife in his hand. Personally I'd feel more comfortable knowing that my surgeon had done the same job serveral hundred times before wielding his knife on me. I had a nose job done in Ireland by a very well known and undoubtedly very safe surgeon (in that he's not going to let you die) years ago, but I learned later that he did nose jobs only a few times a year... mine was not a total disaster but it was certainly slightly worse afterwards than before ... and cost a fortune at the time.

When you thinking of going to Belgium. If staying in the Campanile make sure you book online - much cheaper rate..... as I discovered when I needed to alter my booking whilst there this week.

Regards

Ellie

Hi,

I just had my lapband done Feb 08! I am so excited for you. It is not a hard surgery and actually mine was in at 8 am and out by noon! I have lost 17 pounds since then and I have only had one adjustment so far. You will be so happy when you start seeing your body gradually start shedding the old cocoon! I must warn you though..at least for me..the scale doesn't show as much weight loss as I thought it might considering how little I've been eating, but my clothes are so loose on me that one of my girl friends at work told me to go shopping and get some SMALLER clothes..it's been a long time since I've heard any thing like that. So don't be afraid..just remember this is a new chapter in your life and you will start with a smile for the first line!

Hi Elsie,

i'll be honest with you i googled them and checked them out and found out that they use lost of supplements kinda like tony quinn stuff and to be honest i can't be bothered with that some people were saying on the boards were saying they were talking 20 tablets a day. that to me is crazy and its very expensive too. i dont mind paying for something but i didn't get a great feeeling about them after reading up on them. i'm going to just go to the usual gym and get a personal trainer again!!!

how you doing?? you feeling ok?

xx

Dini and Elsie

Im hopeless for buying these things and sitting them on a shelf never to be tasted. Im currently toying with the notion of getting the herbalife tea (thermojetics). A friend of mine uses the herbalife stuff including the tea and says it 's good for keeping her metabolism "alert" and preventing Constipation etc. Has anyone heard anything bad about it?

Elsie, hand in there until you get your first fill. Weightloss does decline alright at this stage but youre doing well if you dont put on any (or even a small amount) whilst awaiting an effective fill. How soon is Dr C willing to fill you?

Ellen

Hi ellen Laura (terry) here my name is terry but I forgot my pass word and I did it again in my daughters name, now I set up another one with a different e-mail but my right name, so back to what we were talking about,I am 5"2 and 12st now, so again I go in aug-sept I should be about 11 if not 10.7. What height are you? because I am probably still to big for my height, I cant wait to get this done.I need my tummy and adbomen and the top of my legs done, thanks for all the info talk soon Terry

Hi Laura

I'm 5' 5 drawing my self up to the maximum. There have been ppl in the past who suggested that I was only 5'4 or 5'4.5 but obviously they have been eliminated mercilessly as if that were true it would change my target weight by a few pounds.

Ellen

Hi Everyone

Im back again.. the devil making work for idle hands.

Am looking for feedback as to what people have been using for pain relief since getting your bands in. Was anyone else told when you had your bands put in, NOT to take NSAIDs, asprin or ibuprofen?. I was told this when I got my band but when I had my Lipo etc last week Dr D told me to take ibuprofen and paracetamol. I took Neurofen plus for the week thinking that it contained paracetamol when in fact it contains ibuprofen. Am a bit worried now in case ive done damage in the last week.

Looking at the web though it doesnt seem clearcut as some band providers give ibuprofen for pain relief after putting in the band... and others say dont touch it with a barge pole as it can cause damage to the lining of the stomach and band erosion. Ive stopped taking Neurofen now but am still a bit worried.

Elsie and Ailbhe what did Dr C give you for pain relief in the days after your ops?

How about ACS?

Thanks

Ellen

Hi Everyone

Am looking for feedback as to what people have been using for pain relief since getting your bands in. Was anyone else told when you had your bands put in, NOT to take NSAIDs, asprin or ibuprofen?. I was told this when I got my band but when I had my Lipo etc last week Dr D told me to take ibuprofen and paracetamol. I took Neurofen plus for the week thinking that it contained paracetamol when in fact it contains ibuprofen. Am a bit worried now in case ive done damage in the last week.

Looking at the web though it doesnt seem clearcut as some band providers give ibuprofen for pain relief after putting in the band... and others say dont touch it with a barge pole as it can cause damage to the lining of the stomach and band erosion. Ive stopped taking Neurofen now but am still a bit worried.

Elsie and Ailbhe what did Dr C give you for pain relief in the days after your ops?

How about ACS?

Thanks

Ellen

Hi Ellen

Dr. C gave me slabs of paracetamol after the op. I don't remember him mentioning not to take anything in particular. I would prob just stay away from aspirin for now because it thins the blood which might affect healing. Neurofen should be ok if Dr. D said Ibuprofen was ok, he knows you have the band and sure he took it into consideration. Suppose check with your band doc at the HWC and stick with paracetamol until then.

Dr. C will be in Dublin in less than two weeks, so I should be getting a fill then all going well. YAY!!!!! I already feel the need for it.

I've have a bad cough for a few days. Does anyone know if serious coughing can do any damage to the band during the healing process?

Elsie

Hi Ellen

Dr. C gave me slabs of paracetamol after the op. I don't remember him mentioning not to take anything in particular. I would prob just stay away from aspirin for now because it thins the blood which might affect healing. Neurofen should be ok if Dr. D said Ibuprofen was ok, he knows you have the band and sure he took it into consideration. Suppose check with your band doc at the HWC and stick with paracetamol until then.

Dr. C will be in Dublin in less than two weeks, so I should be getting a fill then all going well. YAY!!!!! I already feel the need for it.

I've have a bad cough for a few days. Does anyone know if serious coughing can do any damage to the band during the healing process?

Elsie

Elsie,

My doctor actually told me that the band I have may cause me to cough infrequently. You may want to ask your doc about it, but I noticed right after surgery. He said the only thing he would worry about is if I started vomiting because that could cause my stoma to stretch or even my band to come loose and then I'd have to go in again..hopefully you're well and it's just part of the band adjustment??:confused2:

Hi Everyone

How about ACS?

Thanks

Ellen

Hi Ellen

I was given solphdine caps after my op. I use them for any serious pain like my VV. I think the ibuprofen is iffy if you have a tendency to hearburn or acid in the stomach as it can iritate that, but I don't think you will have done you band any harm particularly if you not had any acid issues since using them. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Well done on the journey since your band was first done. You have really bit the bullet as far as getting to you previous shape/weight. You have totally inspired me to have the arm lift done and defo at the end of the summer I would like to have it done. Right now I'm looking into fillers for the lines on my face so I can puff up where the fat used to be I'm looking at having the isologen done but that takes a while to kick in but the effects last for 7 to 10 years. I'm in London at the mo so I'm not on the site as much as I would normally but I check in now and then. So talk soon. Hope you're feeling better v soon.

Hi everyone hope you all had a lovely Easter, I'll be glad when all the eggs are gone I'm picking all day:eek: Just wondering if anyones been in touch with ACS recently, I need a fill badly, anyone know if they're still sending us to Belfast?? I seem to be going round in circles losing a few lb putting few back on, I haven't had significant weightloss since last summer so need to get my act together, swore I'd be at target weight by this summer:scared2: Its so bloody hard:unsure: I'm off this week so hope to get back walking. Hows everyone else doing

Hi lil,

I was in belfast with Jerome a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd be there on a friday once a month to do fills, and that was the same day we found out ACS had been sold so i say he probaly will. Give them a ring tomo about it.

Can't wait for the eggs to disapear, on saturday our local shop sold them off for 1 euro, My mam bought loads and gave them to us all to bring home. I live alone with my daughter.... i don't wan't her eating them and i don't want to eat them myself and i feel terrible bining them. Might bring them to her crech for the teachers.

weight is falling off since i got a fill, i only got half a mill and before i got it i could eat what i like now i can hardly eat. I miss food teribble though. would love a big dinner now.