Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hello everyone

I think I would be very angry and scared if I had been banded at ACS. At E10K all of you deserve better and while additional surgery may be difficult at the moment for ACS there is no reason why they should not be able to provide good after care. From what I gather from the posts here ACS have always been managed very badly with everyone (except perhaps Coco) getting angry and frustrated and not knowing what the future will bring.

I can understand that many of you don't want the world to know that you've been banded, but for the sake of your health and the fact that you paid E10 grand you have to act. If I were one of you I would be organising a meeting of all of you to meet and decide exactly what you want from ACS and write it down point for point.

I would write to the owner of ACS outlining exactly what your concerns are and what you want done about it. I would be asking for a meeting with her giving her a choice of 2 or 3 dates. If she doesn't answer, and I have a feeling she won't, I would then organise as many of you as possible ( the more the merrier) and all meet at the ACS offices determined to stay there until you meet her. But you all have to be committed and you have to be clear in what you want and stick to that.

I presume you all signed contracts with ACS. Let that be the basis for what you want.

Sitting around and hoping for the best isn't going to bring change.

Marge

Hi all

Haven't been on here for ages as I had dismissed ACS and decided to go with a bypass which i am having in July here in Ireland.Anyway,I just wanted to check up on Elsie who was being banded around the same time as I was previously planning-hope it all went well!!!

So sorry to hear about all the trouble with ACS.I posted last summer saying how Phoenix magazine ran an article on them and their financial/legal issues situation. I KNOW its a very sensitive issue but a word to them might just be the impetus you need to get some action.

To my mind ACS don't deserve any loyalty the way you are being treated after such a huge financial outlay is disgraceful. If Tara and Jan have both left,its for a good reason - they obviously realised there are many,many problems as outlined by that issue of Phoenix.

Just a thought!!

HI Hope all who went to Belfast for a Fill with Jerome made it back ok and are finally having some restriction.

It was nice to put some faces to names - it was very disconcerting to hear the stories each had to tell about treatment from ACS. I asked Jerome what would happen for Fills in the future he said he hopes to come back to belfast each month for a clinic. He also said that it would be June before a decision would be made by the Medical Council to restore his registration to operate in Ireland or not.

He said to email him direct if I had difficulty in getting an appointment.

He gave me 1 ml fill yesterday. I do feel like it has worked so far so good.

We met a very inspirational woman there yesterday Wendy who has promised to check out this website. Wendy was banded in October 06 the month before me! and she has lost 11 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she looks fantastic and has never had a prob! It has given me the boost I need to follow this through I paid the same money and I want the same follow up and aftercare. Hoping for some real weight loss to start now Ill keep you posted Best of luck to all - By the way one of the girls there said she had been in contact with the papers re treatment of ACS so expect to see The Mail on sunday Highlight issues.

18_6_9.gif hi girls been reading all week and trying to decide what my next step will be. Im sure many more of you are doing the same.Its been a very quiet week on the forum. I still believe going as a large group is our best way forward, I know many of you didnt turn up for the meeting in Dublin including my self, but we have to make a stand I feel. Im going to seek legal advise this week, its not the road I want to go down, but I feel I have no choice. Do any of you feel the same , maybe we could get the same person to speak for

all.of us:confused2:

love roe

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZRxdm701YYIE

quote=Marge;749529]Hello everyone

I think I would be very angry and scared if I had been banded at ACS. At E10K all of you deserve better and while additional surgery may be difficult at the moment for ACS there is no reason why they should not be able to provide good after care. From what I gather from the posts here ACS have always been managed very badly with everyone (except perhaps Coco) getting angry and frustrated and not knowing what the future will bring.

I can understand that many of you don't want the world to know that you've been banded, but for the sake of your health and the fact that you paid E10 grand you have to act. If I were one of you I would be organising a meeting of all of you to meet and decide exactly what you want from ACS and write it down point for point.

I would write to the owner of ACS outlining exactly what your concerns are and what you want done about it. I would be asking for a meeting with her giving her a choice of 2 or 3 dates. If she doesn't answer, and I have a feeling she won't, I would then organise as many of you as possible ( the more the merrier) and all meet at the ACS offices determined to stay there until you meet her. But you all have to be committed and you have to be clear in what you want and stick to that.

I presume you all signed contracts with ACS. Let that be the basis for what you want.

Marge

Hi Marge

Just to answer a couple of your points. If you have read all the posts on here for the past month you would see that I got so angry regarding the treatment of ACS patients that I proposed a meeting with all concerned a proposal which for various reasons was not take up by more than four of the contributors to this thread. I have repeatedly expressed my concerns regarding aftercare particularly in the case of emergency care of which we have had an unfortunate example of already. Thankfully that case was resolved without permanent medical damage but will the next person be so lucky. In my opinion people are only worried about their fills and not looking at the bigger picture. Going to the media is not in my opinion the first point of call but as people will decide what to do in their own interest I'm sure my opinion doesn't count. I have made my views known on this site in spite of not having any complaint (as yet) regarding my own personal experience with ACS. I have always gotten the treatment and aftercare including emergency care I would have expected from ACS. I am so far happy with all my dealings with ACS, that does not mean that I cannot sympathise, support and help with others who range from disappointed to downright angry of their treatment with ACS. I am increasing worried for my future aftercare with ACS since reading and hearing of other peoples difficulties. I have taken my own steps to clarify my situation with ACS and have suggested to others to do the same. I just feel a sense of deja vu reading the posts and wonder if complaining on this site is all thats ever going to happen.:lol:

Hi all. Sorry to butt in on the ACS stuff but just wanted to congratulate Penny on the decision to go with the bypass.

Penny, it can't have been an easy choice to make and I'm glad you are happy with your choice now. How was Florida? Where in Ireland are you geting it done? Loughlinstown?

I hope it all goes well for you. I know you won't be a "bandster" but I hope you drop in now and then. And I really hope you find a forum for gastric bypass that is as good as this one (it's a fountain of information).

Hello everyone

Marge

i totally agree with you marge as far as im concerned we have to learn from this . is it going to take another disaster before we get off our arses and stop acs treating us like fools. there is only a few of us turn up to any meetings so if other people can afford to pay 10000 euro and be treated like idiots i cant , so sisters lets take action and do what marge suggests and pay acs a visit and get answers.wella123

Hi Folks,

For those of you that asked - The Weight Management Clinic in Loughlinstown DOES Lap-band surgery as well as by-pass surgery under Dr Justin Geoghegan. I Spoke to two people while i was there who were having their lap-band fitted and they will be receiving their aftercare (fills and reviews ect.) there at St. Columcilles Hospital in Loughlinstown.

3na

Hello everyone

Marge

I totally agree with you Marge ACS think they have us where they want us, they know most of us have kept the operation a secret and they're convinced we'll all sit back and let them walk all over us .

I'm with you wella123 I think we should all land on their doorstep and see what they do.

As Coco said I'm not worried about fills for the minute I'm more concerned with long term care. What happens if we have an emergency what then:crying: Don't know if any of you saw Ireland AM (TV3) the other morning it was about cosmetic surgery - boob job, there was a surgeon on and he said the most important part of any operation is the aftercare. He said theres no point having a surgeon if he's not in the country when you need him and at the minute we don't even have a surgeon........never mind if he's in Ireland or not:cursing: So girls come out from behind your computers and start posting again and let us know what you all think:huh2:

hi lil and wella. could we make it a week morning and ill be the first at the door.ROE

How Do We Know If The Lady Herself Will Be There On The Morning We Turn Up. Maybe We Should Try And Make An App First?

I am sorry I did not make the meeting, I was at a hens party that weekend, I am very worried about the aftercare, so what ever yous are doing count me in I am there 100% all the way,there is notting wrong with me now ,but you never no Terry

Hello everyone

Coco I didn't mean anything negative, just as you say you have always been happy with the service. To everyone else this is more important than anything, there should be no reason why all of you don't turn up to a meeting.

1. But you must meet yourselves first and decide exactly what you want from a meeting with the ACS owner.

2. Write your points down and appoint a spokesporson

3. Ask for a meeting.

4. If you don't get any joy then you go en mass to the office and demand that you see her.

It's time to organise yourselves and there must be no excuses of prior arrangements. This is your health and possibly your life.

Hello everyone I think Marge and Roe are right. We need to make an appointment to see Helena but we need to meet up first to discuss it. I couldn't make the last meeting but will definitely be up for this meeting as I'm sure everyone else will. Things are getting very serious here with absolutely no-one in the country to look after us if we get in trouble. As someone said in a previous post Jerome will be in Belfast once a month to do fills but what about emergencies i.e. a slip or if someone is overfilled then what. As Laura said shes ok now but what about the future

Hi girls lil Ithink we should make the meeting early this week.what day would suit most people say Tuesday11.30 12.00. Would it be possible to meet up in city ? Im not good in the city.Iknow o Conells st and Fitzwillams st thats about my knowlege of dublin.If its not good for everyone where is.close to a bus if possible sad isint it.

ROE