Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi paulina first let me say how sorry Iam to hear about your sister.between that bad news,and the problems with the band its no wonder your feeling down.The band will work I know I havnt much luck with mine either but I know it will work, its just taking us a litle longer than usual. When we reach that sweet spot it will be soooooo sweet. so chin up THINGS WILL WORK OUT are you in the midlands? when I heard you mention Cavan, I was just wondering.

I just rang about going to belfast for a fill, girl said she'd ring me back. Did someone say it's the 7th of March? i'll have to get day off work but it's worth it.

will try make it this sat for meeting in sandyford, it's a bit of a treck so i'm unsure but would like to meet up.

Hi all, I phoned ACS re appointment for a fill, I was told that Dr Jerome will be in Belfast on the 7th March. When I asked when the next appointment was for Dublin the girl did not know as no schedule for Dublin she said to ask Dr Jerome. I can be seen in Belfast on the 7th at 2pm but its not ideal. Was told that most people are making their own way but if its difficult to ring nearer the day and transport might be arranged.

ok girl never phoned me back again from acs so i called them. Trip to belfast is for jeromes patients only, as it was organised by Jerome. Lou won't be doing fills for the near future. was given Jan's direct line number... it's a forgien number so i'll have to ring tomo when i'm in work.

Hi all. Quick questions. I'm on liquids for this week and next and then on to mushies for 2 weeks. My questions are

1. I was recommended to take Complan (there's another name for it) but the diabetic (i.e. low calorie) version which I can't get here. What do you guys take for your Vitamins, Proteins, Iron etc. and

2. Should I restrict when I eat. At the moment I am eating a little and maybe an hour or 2 later I'll be hungry again so I'll have something to eat again. For example today for brekkie I had a full pot of low fat yogurt, at about 11 I had a cup of tea, at 1pm I had half a bowl of homemade Soup and at 3 pm a cup of tea. Between 5 and 7 I sipped on a slim fast for nutrients and I'm hungry now (8pm) so will probably have something else (jelly) and tea before bed. I'm also drinking loads of Water. I go from being sort of full to being ravenous in about 5 minutes. It's crazy.

Is this right or should I be eating Breakfast, dinner and tea?

Well this is it. I head to Belgium tomorrow for the op which is on Tues. I'm surprisingly calm at the moment. Just about to start packing, so if anyone has any last minute suggestions, please feel free.

Ailbhe: Thanks for the PM with all that useful info. Your doing so well.. another 4 lbs I see!!!:laugh:

Elsie

Best of luck Elsie. You're in good hands! Let us know how you get on when you feel up to it!!!

:laugh::thumbup::drool::thumbup::biggrin:

Elsie

Very best of luck with the op. I knowonce its over and youre used to it, you will be delighted youve had it done.

Regards

Ellen

Dear Ailbhe

My experience was that Protein Drinks kept me feeling full and absolutely killed any hunger pangs in between. (Generally high Protein intake tend to have that effect whether its Protein Shakes or proper food after the first few days). After my op I used the protein drinks I got from the Healthier Weight centre in the UK - really nice. When they ran out I wasnt able to get them on the web as they dont deliver to Ireland so I used some Lipotrim sachets I had in the house from before. Hope all goes well for you and the pounds keep dropping off.

Ellen

Hi Ailbhe,

When I had my band done I was told to get back to eating normal foods as soon as I felt up for it and just to do liquids for the first few days. I started within about a week or 10 days to eat normal foods. As your surgeon has told you only liquids for the first week I would recommend either Slimfast which are on offer BOGOF in Tesco right now. Or a healthier Spirulina which is available in good health shops. This has lots of Vitamins and minerals but is also high Protein which staves off the hunger.:thumbup:

Hi Elsie,

Good luck on your trip to Belgium. Let us know how you got on when you return. :(

To anyone interested to know how the meeting last Saturday went, well it was a small meeting, just four of us, so it was decided that we should deal with ACS individually, as there seems to be several areas of concern it is better if everyone writes with their own concerns to ACS.:tongue:

Hi Coco, Thanks for the update on the meeting. I phoned ACS today to let them know that going to Belfast is not an option for me and is not what I signed up for when I decided to have the surgery. I was then told that Dr Jan is coming to Dublin either this week or next week and was given his email address to contact him directly to get an appointment. I am going to email him shortly and see what happens.

Elsie, best of luck with the op, well done on making the decision.

Ailbhe, I used Actimels and cuppa Soups for the first few days and then reintroduced normal food slowly, things like stew and shepherds pie for a week or so and then more substantial food chewed well.

Thanks all. I was just at my GPs as I had a stitch that I needed out (from the drain). Also wanted to tell her I'd had it done. She was fine but said she didn't really approve so now I'm glad I didn't go to her to discuss it :angry:

She is really lovely but would be big into "healthier" methods.

She advised to have some Protein Shakes which I got from the chemist and a multi Vitamin. I had been using slim fast up to now as it was the only thing I could think of. Was supposed to go back to work today but still feel sore if I sit for too long so I'm leaving it for a day or two. Doctor wants me to stay home for the rest of the week but I'm bored and when I get bored I eat so I'm better off going back as the food in the house is too tempting. I saw a lady having a salad today and was salivating!!

I'm surviving on home made Soup, bananas blended with skim milk, yougurts and ice pops. But all in all not doing too bad and the pounds are falling off!

The weight you lot lost in the first few weeks, when you went back on normal food, did it go back on before you got your fills? I'm almost a stone lighter and would hate to put it back on when I go back to eating normally!