Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Vicki, i am also still on pureed stage. My instruction sheet from my nutrition says I can have pureed pears or peaches in their own juice. And light, flaky fish so (even though i am not a fish type) i bought thin cuts of tilapia and baked it in my toaster oven which made it slightly crisp but very soft.

I am almost 4wks post surgery and can testify that my appetite was better two weeks ago. Not sure if it's the lack of variety right now or just disinterest, or both. Things were going fairly well until this week when my appetite bottomed out.

Today, I forced myself 1/4 C. of oats with cinnamon and a dash of splenda for Breakfast, 2 small red potatoes boiled and mashed with a pinch of cheese, and my 12oz wheybolic Protein Shake (GNC) for dinner (60g of protein). If it werent for the heavily packed Protein in the shake, I would not reach my protein goal.

And the past few days, I've been feeling the lack of it. I hope this helps.

Edited by Kookichu

I overdid it tonight. Made bakes ricotta and it don't settle right. It made me throw up. Worst feeling in the world. I also went to red lobster and tried the creamy potato bacon Soup and went down well. Didn't eat the potato chunks. Going back to basics tomorrow just liquids. I may have pushed myself too far. Tomorrow is a new day.

I overdid it tonight. Made bakes ricotta and it don't settle right. It made me throw up. Worst feeling in the world. I also went to red lobster and tried the creamy potato bacon Soup and went down well. Didn't eat the potato chunks. Going back to basics tomorrow just liquids. I may have pushed myself too far. Tomorrow is a new day.

Are you on pureed foods? I was just wondering. I haven't even attempted to go out to a restruant. I am scared to. But that sounds so good! I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Are you on pureed foods? I was just wondering. I haven't even attempted to go out to a restruant. I am scared to. But that sounds so good! I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Yes I was cleared to introduce them slowly. Looked up the nutrition facts before ordering and it had 18 grams of Protein and no sugar. It was soooo good and a few bites and I was full. Thank you!

I am 4 wks post op and just bought Unjury Protein Powder off eBay and wow it's good. Much better than anything I have tried

Introduce your new foods gradually so, if something doesn't sit well, you'll know what it was and be able to avoid it for a week or more. In my early weeks I was able to eat out, too, but Soups were the extent of it. I could eat broccoli cheese Soup and clam chowder, eating around the bigger chunks and chewing soft parts of broccoli carefully. It never bothered me. It takes a while for your insides to heal and the swelling can last several weeks or more. That's partly to blame for how easily you foods get 'stuck' in that time. Later you will be able to eat more variety. It's a major learning experience and everyone is different. Hang in there! It's Soooooo worth it! :-)

Some good options to puree: refried Beans, meatballs, pea soup, chili, soups. Good soft foods for pureed stage: Laughing Cow cheese, hummus, cottage cheese w/sf preserves, ricotta, sf pudding mixed w/chocolate whey Protein, Greek yogurt, no sugar added applesauce, sf Carnation Instant Breakfast, Protein Shakes. Go to the website 'The World According to Egg Face' for Protein Shake recipes that are creative and delicious! :-)

I had sleeve on 1/31 and I'm still very sore on my right side. I'm unable to drink the Protein Shakes because the taste makes me sick. I'm using broth, jello(sugar free), Water, grape juice, and crystal light. Because I feel I need the Protein I bought the Boost and Special K shakes and love those. The bad thing is they have too many carbs. I'm wondering if anyone else has ideas on protein for the first 4 weeks post op?

IM 1 month out and im about tired of this left side pain, its been going on for over a week now. I know others said it will stop but its effecting me daily. It feels like a pulled stitch or gas and I cant bend down without it pinching.. its getting old!

I'm almost a month out and I've been eating puree for three weeks. I can do yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans... and tiny chopped up chicken. tuna and fish, no matter how mushy get stuck going down. I'm supposed to start regular food next week - but there's no way.

On the bright side, I'm getting between 60 and 80 grams of Protein a day. I mix unflavored bipro with everything! Warm (hot hot) coffee and tea, G2 (low sugar) gaterade, crystal light (my least favorite. And I bought coffee syrups (Torani and DaVinci sugar free) and mix them with protein and Water. My favorite is Root Beer- no carbonation so it's perfect.

I am at a plateau today - but I'm sure I'll drop this weekend.

Good morning! I am feeling discouraged today :(. I see so many of you where you are having great success with losing weight and here I am and it's just slowly coming off! I know that I should not be comparing myself to anybody else. Since surgery Jan 20th I have lost a measly 12 lbs. most days I get all my fluids in and almost all of my required 60grs of Protein. According to my NUT I can eat anything I want as long as I chew chew chew. I am keeping it to mostly soft foods. I have hypo thyroid/Graves disease which has always made it hard to lose weight :(. I was really hoping that with the surgery I would be able to lose faster. Maybe I am being to hard on myself after all 12 lbs in 3 weeks is still good better then WW or any other diet I ever tried! :(

I have started to work out. An hour every day on the treadmill at 1.5 mph. I take a break half way and I remember to keep hydrated. I hope this will help speed up my weight loss

Good morning! I am feeling discouraged today :(. I see so many of you where you are having great success with losing weight and here I am and it's just slowly coming off! I know that I should not be comparing myself to anybody else. Since surgery Jan 20th I have lost a measly 12 lbs. most days I get all my fluids in and almost all of my required 60grs of Protein. According to my NUT I can eat anything I want as long as I chew chew chew. I am keeping it to mostly soft foods. I have hypo thyroid/Graves disease which has always made it hard to lose weight :(. I was really hoping that with the surgery I would be able to lose faster. Maybe I am being to hard on myself after all 12 lbs in 3 weeks is still good better then WW or any other diet I ever tried! :(

Try to keep your spirits up, we are in this for the long run! I'm sure we won't loose weight everyday, but over time, we will get there! I told myself I wasn't going to worry about how fast it came off. Now, it's hard not to, so I understand completely. You sound like your doing great! I had surgery the same day, and an having a hard time with the protein. I just started puréed food and had a scrambled egg, yum. We're all in this together. Be strong.

Anyone know if I can take Advil cold and sinus 1 month out? I know Advil is a blood thinner, I have the worst sore throat and cough.

NO! You can never take NSAIDs. They can give you ulcers. My doctor said never take it again. Tylenol is fine. You can take Tylenol cold. Hope this helps, and hope you feel better soon!

hello everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions for pureed foods! Today I am very sore and have a headache. I had the open surgery RNY so maybe that's why it is taking so long to feel really good. I am 3 1/2 weeks out. I have a g tube in, which is really sore around the hole it comes out of, and I will call the doctor tomorrow about it. Hopefully, if I see the doctor tomorrow I can weigh and see how much I have lost. my scales at home are a few pounds different from the doctor's. I felt bad when I woke up this morning, so I went back to bed and got up at 1pm! My daughter took me to sams club and man it took everything I had to keep up with her. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. But, on a good note, I am getting all my Protein in. Still not doing very good with my water/fluids intake. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get in 64 oz of water/fluids? I can use my g tube to put in liquids, but I forget to put them in it and by the end of the day its too late. I am putting crystal light in my Water so that helps.