Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 mths out and my hair is starting to fall out...anyone else?

I am 3 months post op, I take my Vitamins and Biotin faithfully and I have just started to notice the last 3 days my hair is starting to fall out, especially after I shower and brush through it, it comes out in strands. Is this normal if with all the Vitamins I take. does anyone else have this problem and how long does it go on. Help me please with advice, this is scary for me. thanks for any thoughts.

I haven't started yet, but, yes this is very normal. Most people that have wls have quite a bit of Hair loss for a while... for some it's minimal for some it's extreme but it comes back usually at or before the year mark. Just part of the process. Hang in there

Mine started falling out at about the 3-4 month mark. I'm now 7 months out and it stopped about a month ago or so and the hair is coming back. I have all these little baby hairs when I put my hair in a ponytail lol

thanks for reassurance, I thought I remember them saying I would some hair loss, but the way it is coming out I thought maybe that was more than the normal. thanks again :)

Blessings, are you getting your Protein? 60-80g per day!

I haven't had surgery yet, but my research seems to indicate that it's caused by not getting enough Protein. So, while there may be a minimum amount of Protein that you need to get a day, you might consider speaking to your NUT and increasing your protein. Good luck!!

I'm almost 5 months and it's falling out like crazy!! I hate it!! I just heard zinc helps with regrowth. Gonna try it - I'm desperate.

I am also 5 months out and its been falling out for the past month, I have noticed this past week its slowed down. Now I have a ton of hair but I do notice a difference when I pull it back that the ponytail holder has to be wrapped around an extra turn. I get about 5-10 extra hairs everytime I brush my hair or run my fingers through. I have not taken Biotin because I have heard mixed reviews, my hair grows exceptionally fast so I figure I will get it back and so far I am not balding!!! There is a volume loss. I am taking all of my other Vitamins though

I'm 3 months tomorrow and mine is coming out.

I trimmed it yesterday tho..and I've been using extra conditioner to help minimize the loss when I comb it out.

i'll be four months out on saturday and i've started losing hair too. it sucks, but hey, it's only hair and it will grow back! :)