Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vets struggling with 5:2.. there may be an alternative !

Not to throw a wrench into things, but anybody heard about the "5 bite" eating plan? Based on RNY and the way WLS patients end up eating. Saw it on dr Oz. Kinda interesting

I've heard of it and tried it back in the day

It's very popular on pro-anorexia/pro-bulimia sites-- I think it could work for some-very few-

For others it's nothing more than way into starvation

I've heard of it and tried it back in the day It's very popular on pro-anorexia/pro-bulimia sites-- I think it could work for some-very few- For others it's nothing more than way into starvation

True. I MAY have 5 bites on any given meal but not all the time!! :).

So, I don't track calories so when I say I do 5:2 it is probably a bit more like the 8 hour thing. I try to focus on NOT eating all day long, that whole giving it a rest seems to make a huge difference! When I am using 5:2 aggressively, my "2" fast days are really more ultralow carb, and by inference low calorie days. I don't like using the word "feast" - my normal days are normal is all.

I haven't done it in awhile because I am maintaining without it, but whenever I creep up I do 5:2 (my version) and it works great.

^^^^ what she said. :). And as a note, when we "sleevers" say "feast days as mentioned it's just a normal 12-1500 calorie day or less! I, personally cannot eat over 1350 on any given day without gaining. As CGJ also said, I've been maintaining my RELOST pounds for about 6 mos and staying within my 3-5 pound bounce zone but like yesterday did full on fast day since coming off 9 day vacay and up a couple. It works great for me and easy.

Excellent suggestion. I started doing 16 hour fast this week, and lost 2 pounds. I've been struggling to get any weight off since November, and the loss has just slowed down. I try to eat the same amount of calories I was eating, about 800-1000/day. It's the only way weight comes off. I do think the limited time helps curb the extra few calories I was putting in my mouth closer to bed, which also helps. But I could see once I hit maintenance, I could do this 5 days a week, and loosen up a little on weekends. Guess I'll see when I get there. Thanks for a great suggestion, and glad to see your success with it!

Awesome!! So glad to hear you are having some success with this too. This is totally the ticket for me. I am at my lowest weight post op ever!!! ( I am 2.5 years post op) :-) Keep me posted!

I'm certainly going to try this starting today. How much have you lost since January. I was 12 pounds from goal and gained back because stress of cancer in my family.

I'm certainly going to try this starting today. How much have you lost since January. I was 12 pounds from goal and gained back because stress of cancer in my family.

I've lost 10 pounds since January - and most of it in February when I was doing this. I quit, and I've not lost anything since! I am thinking now that I see this I'll have to try it again, too. It really did help. I also did the 5:2 a couple of weeks, but this far out, I find that pretty hard to do.

I've lost 10 pounds since January - and most of it in February when I was doing this. I quit, and I've not lost anything since! I am thinking now that I see this I'll have to try it again, too. It really did help. I also did the 5:2 a couple of weeks, but this far out, I find that pretty hard to do.

We have the same goal weight. You are so close! I want to believe that I can do this.

FYI the Fast diet people have a new book coming out... its a 6 week boot camp...

The Fast Beach Diet Plan http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Beach-Diet-Super-Fast-Programme/dp/1780722249/?tag=thfadi-20some of us are thin

Some of us ate thinking about giving it a go... I am currently at maintinance using the 5:2, but would not mind losing another 5 pounds...

I'm 9 months out and have 5 lbs to get to my goal of 150 lbs. Can I be added to the 5:2 group please?

Im 15 months out and I've been stuck at 162 since Christmas. Im getting very discouraged and depressed like I was before I was sleeved. Im willing to try anything

Why not start a 5:2 support thread on the vets forum? I personally don't think it's a great idea for people in their first year anyway, they should be following their surgeon s program. ...

As I have said I am a 5:2 person but do not track so am not a purist.. There are variations but it is all about reduction a couple days a week and that "fasting" element.

I think that would be a great idea!! I've been trying to find the actual plan on the internet...is there a guideline to go by?

@@Emilee68 here is the link with lots of info:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/291240-52-links-and-info/

It's at the top of the vets forum. FYE put that together and made it a sticky should it should be easy to find. Feel free to ask questions on that link and those of us that do 5:2 will try to answer them and support you along the way.

Why not start a 5:2 support thread on the vets forum? I personally don't think it's a great idea for people in their first year anyway, they should be following their surgeon s program. ... As I have said I am a 5:2 person but do not track so am not a purist.. There are variations but it is all about reduction a couple days a week and that "fasting" element.

I think the issue for me is that at 9 months I'm not allowed in the vets forum but a lot of what happening outside of here doesn't help me anymore. There's no where for me to go to for support in that sense. I was hoping there would be a group for "tweeners" like me. That, more than the 5:2 support is probably what I need. I'm 5 lbs from goal (lost some following your suggestions! Yay! Thank you!) and realize I need mental support from vets but Not sure where to get it.