Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American RNY Sisters



Recommended Posts

Yesterday was my 2 year surgeriversary. I'm down to 178 from 315hw well 298sw. I'm feeling great but really wanting to drop another 18-25 pounds. I have no regrets except I wish I could control my cravings a little better. I don't have dumping issues so in moderation I can eat everything. I don't most days but I still have my guilty pleasures in small portions hence the reason why I have not reached my goal weight. Anybody else have this issue?

I have sweet cravings at times over a year out. I did experience dumping syndrome...no fun. Anyway, I eat Atkins Endulge Snacks, sugar free or no sugar added ice pops, fruits. These help with the cravings, are lower carbs and do not make me feel guilty or suffer weight gain when eaten in moderation. Congratulations on your weight loss btw.

Edited by Trayjay33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't mean to bump an old thread lol.
It would be nice to connect in particular with other bw that have gotten the gastric bypass.
My surgery date is May 15th and i'm getting the gastric bypass :).

Edited by TheJuice202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surgery is today , I didn’t have a RNY but I’m having the sleeve . CW 285

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/06/2019 at 02:52, TheJuice202 said:



I didn't mean to bump an old thread lol.

It would be nice to connect in particular with other bw that have gotten the gastric bypass.

My surgery date is May 15th and i'm getting the gastric bypass :).






Hey I’m having my RNY on 6/18. How did everything go with your surgery & how are you feeling now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/06/2019 at 05:25, Dabeyhive said:



Surgery is today , I didn’t have a RNY but I’m having the sleeve . CW 285


Hey.... how’s everything going with you now that’s it’s been a few weeks? How do you feel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone

Well I’m 2wks out before surgery I just wanted to ask has anyone tried the Unjury liquid diet if so did you try the chicken Soup and how did you get to warm up after you made it. How do you keep it in the form of soup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, my name is Jennifer, after researching WLS since 1996 when I initially learned about it from a random flyer in my mail in NYC, I had my RNY procedure at St. Joseph's Hospital in Warren, OH with Dr. Woodruff the morning of 06 February 2018. :) I'm 49 yo, widowed at age 33, childfree by choice and have been battling my obesity issues for 42 yrs, Type 2 diabetes since 2016 but now post-op I no longer have it. YAY!, sleep apnea (CPAP) and HYPOthyroidism (in my case it was discovered that my thyroid is under developed. next to no metabolism). :( So the meds I take for it (lifelong) and my "tool" have saved my life so that I'll be able to truly live a fulfilling life, not just exist in it.

I'm 5'5.5" tall, and my highest recorded weight was: 447 Lbs. in 2015/ 2016. My Day of Surgery Weight was: 379.

Currently I'm stalled at 282 Lbs. But I'm going bowling more frequently for exercise/ activity, not to keep score. Also I've recently signed up for the BLACK CARD Membership at Planet Fitness and recently invested in a GOTYGOTY hotgear tank top with built-in hotgear wrap belt. Honestly I've perspired but never really 'broke a real sweat'. So we'll see how that goes. I do use a lightweight cane for stability as I have bone bone loss and I'm extremely top heavy (have been ever since childhood. Seriously. The diagnosis is called 'Precocious Puberty'. It's lousy and the bane of my existence along with my huge awning of a stomach that won't reduce for anything. So I'll be working w/ a trainer in a couple of weeks (they're in the process of hiring new ones) to help me work my core and strength & build muscle and improve my posture. So wish me success and the same to on your odyssey/ journey.

Cheers from Youngstown/ Boardman, OH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2019 at 8:41 PM, Rozay said:
On 5/6/2019 at 2:52 AM, TheJuice202 said:
I didn't mean to bump an old thread lol.


It would be nice to connect in particular with other bw that have gotten the gastric bypass.

My surgery date is May 15th and i'm getting the gastric bypass :).


Hey I’m having my RNY on 6/18. How did everything go with your surgery & how are you feeling now?

It's a looooonnnggg story but ended up getting it June 28th. So....you actually got yours 10 days before me. I'm Day 11 post-op and just had my 1st post-op with my Dietician & the surgeon today :). I'm doing ok...2 of my 5 incisions are pretty much completely healed and the other 3 are healing slow (but healing) and a bit tender. But i'm doing pretty good still....23lbs down as of now.

How are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey sis, i had my wls 12/18/18

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery 10/2017 life is great. With all our stories we should all come together and Celebrate our accomplishments.. Highest weight 274lbs wasnt happy. Now down to 130 almost 2 years later and life has not been the same.... [emoji178][emoji178][emoji178]

Sent from my LG-M150 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I had my gastric bypass 3/23/19 I've lost 57lbs since surgery. Any of my sisters in Southern California? I need peers who understand what goes along with this surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I had my gastric bypass 3/23/19 I've lost 57lbs since surgery. Any of my sisters in Southern California? I need peers who understand what goes along with this surgery.
I had gastric bypass 3/27/19, so right around when you had yours. Not in So. Cal. Though. And not African American. I do, However, understand the surgery!! You're doing great! I know it's a struggle sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2019 at 5:41 PM, BlueEyedAngel28 said:

We r all sisters I dont know why skin color is on everyones mind.

Sent from my LG-M150 using BariatricPal mobile app

Why do certain people do this whenever people of color particularly black folks come together? You couldn't help yourself. Do not "all lives matter" this thread.
Us wanting to bond with each OTHER does not mean we don't want to bond with everyone else.

Edited by TheJuice202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, CocoaRNYBBCPromsFanInUS said:

Hello, my name is Jennifer, after researching WLS since 1996 when I initially learned about it from a random flyer in my mail in NYC, I had my RNY procedure at St. Joseph's Hospital in Warren, OH with Dr. Woodruff the morning of 06 February 2018. :) I'm 49 yo, widowed at age 33, childfree by choice and have been battling my obesity issues for 42 yrs, Type 2 diabetes since 2016 but now post-op I no longer have it. YAY!, sleep apnea (CPAP) and HYPOthyroidism (in my case it was discovered that my thyroid is under developed. next to no metabolism). :( So the meds I take for it (lifelong) and my "tool" have saved my life so that I'll be able to truly live a fulfilling life, not just exist in it.

I'm 5'5.5" tall, and my highest recorded weight was: 447 Lbs. in 2015/ 2016. My Day of Surgery Weight was: 379.

Currently I'm stalled at 282 Lbs. But I'm going bowling more frequently for exercise/ activity, not to keep score. Also I've recently signed up for the BLACK CARD Membership at Planet Fitness and recently invested in a GOTYGOTY hotgear tank top with built-in hotgear wrap belt. Honestly I've perspired but never really 'broke a real sweat'. So we'll see how that goes. I do use a lightweight cane for stability as I have bone bone loss and I'm extremely top heavy (have been ever since childhood. Seriously. The diagnosis is called 'Precocious Puberty'. It's lousy and the bane of my existence along with my huge awning of a stomach that won't reduce for anything. So I'll be working w/ a trainer in a couple of weeks (they're in the process of hiring new ones) to help me work my core and strength & build muscle and improve my posture. So wish me success and the same to on your odyssey/ journey.

Cheers from Youngstown/ Boardman, OH.

I've never heard of a hotgeat tank top or a hotgear wrap belt untl now. How have those been helping you since you got them?

I've slowly gotten back into the gym. I was cleared to finally be able to work on my core but ever so gently.

I'll see how that goes starting this weekend. I've been only doing treadmill and stairs but that will change this Friday (and Sunday) :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Kanika katyal

      A Deep Dive into Modern Coffee Brewing: Siphon, Pour-Over and Automatic Brewers
       The rise of the automatic coffee brewer has added another dimension to this brewing renaissance. As more enthusiasts seek the perfect coffee brewer online in India, understanding these methods becomes paramount.
      Read more: https://kitchenappliancesestore.weebly.com/blog/a-deep-dive-into-modern-coffee-brewing-siphon-pour-over-and-automatic-brewers

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • NickelChip

      I'm checked into the hotel near the hospital and just had my last protein shake of the day. My mom has kindly gone down to the restaurant alone so as not to make me die from watching her eat dinner. Checking in at the hospital tomorrow at 10:50am. So ready!
      · 1 reply
      1. BeanitoDiego

        Pulling for ya!

    • Clueless_girl

      6 wks post surgery, had to go back to the hospital to replenish potassium levels. STILL struggling with abdominal pain and nausea. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

      Six months pots-op as of yesterday. I celebrated with a HIIT class where I was challenged to do a wall-assisted handstand. I truly thought there's no way in hell that I can get up there. Well... I proved myself wrong. The instructor said, "Just try getting one foot up there." I tried and it was so easy, that the other foot went up, and the next thing that I knew, I was standing on my hands with my legs up in the air, leaning against the wall.
      Last weekend I challenged myself to a 10-mile hike, and I was SURE that my legs would be non-functional that night and the next day. But that didn't happen at all.  But I did learn that I need a new hiking boot or shoe. I've got a goal of walking the Portuguese coastal route of the El Camino later this year, and I good shoes will be essential.
      I've hit another weight loss stall, but that's to be expected. I am so close to my goal already that if it does take 6 more months to get that last stone off, that's okay with me. And I am building muscle, so that stone may never move. S'alright friends, s'alright.
      · 1 reply
      1. Bypass2Freedom

        Congratulations! I bet that felt awesome to achieve! 😄

    • South Coast Deli

      South Coast Deli brings a superhero flair to fast, casual dining with three locations across Santa Barbara. Dive into a diverse menu featuring breakfast sandwiches, bagels, hearty salads, and a variety of sandwiches, including vegan and vegetarian options. Whether you're craving a classic deli experience or a warm panini, this deli satisfies with quick service and a playful atmosphere. Perfect for on-the-go meals or a leisurely bite, South Coast Deli is your go-to for fresh, delicious fare with a comic book twist.
       
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×