Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh?

I was sleeved on 1/7 and I'm feeling good now that the nauseous is subsiding, good luck with you journey to becoming skinny

I weigh daily in the early morning. My "official" weigh ins are on Mondays for my WW online program. So, my accountability really is Monday but I like to see where I'm going throughout the week. Sometimes it helps me with food choices during the week if I didn't have a "good" Monday weigh in. :) Many don't recommend daily weighing, but it's just something I've done forever and I don't obsess over it until about 5:00 a.m. on Mondays!

I am in maintenance and have weighed everyday since surgery day. I have made a spreadsheet and enjoy reviewing the progress and success I have made. I don't think that weighing daily is excessive. We all know how easy it is to gain weight and the less you weigh the even easier it is. You can gain 5 pounds in a week and you won't feel it in your clothes or see it in your body. I keep a 3 pound bounce range and if I am up I can correct it right away. Since it is a major lifestyle change part of it for me is keeping my healthy eating plan with a few indulgences and weighing everyday helps with this.

Once a week in the morning. Otherwise I obsess over every little thing. dinner last night, Water retention, etc. can all affect daily weight. For me, weekly weighing is mentally healthier.

Edited by NMJG

I weigh daily. When I first get up. When I was in weight loss mode, I only tracked my weight on Fridays.

Lynda

I am in maintenance and have weighed everyday since surgery day. I have made a spreadsheet and enjoy reviewing the progress and success I have made. I don't think that weighing daily is excessive. We all know how easy it is to gain weight and the less you weigh the even easier it is. You can gain 5 pounds in a week and you won't feel it in your clothes or see it in your body. I keep a 3 pound bounce range and if I am up I can correct it right away. Since it is a major lifestyle change part of it for me is keeping my healthy eating plan with a few indulgences and weighing everyday helps with this.

I do the same, although I have slacked off on the spreadsheet.

I weigh monthly. Then I don't see stalls or obsess

Now that i can see goal weight withiin 20 lbs i weigh in once every couple of weeks. casuse iof plateaus and the fact im losing inches.

I don't own a scale. I am looking for one that I like. I usually weigh at the gym but I don't call anything official unless it is on the doctor's scale.

I weigh myself daily. Now that my weight loss is slowing, I need to weigh daily just for accountability reasons. I have not let myself get obsessive about it and once I get off the scale, I don't think about it until the next day. I never weighed myself before I started my WLS program and I know that is part of the reason I allowed myself to get up to 270lbs. I won't let that happen again.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago. My first weigh-in was at my 2 week follow-up with the surgeon. I will weigh again at week 4 when I meet with my NUT and nurse-practitioner. At some point I will start weighing every week or every other week at my local bariatric center. I am not measuring inches, but have taken to wearing a heavy-duty belt and attractive underwear (as someone suggested in their signature!) because my pants don't want to stay on! :)

I obsess too much about the scale, so I refuse to purchase one. I know myself too well.

Best,

Amy

I weighed myself weekly on my surgery day (Wednesday) for the first 4 months. Now IDK what happened but I weigh myself daily or every other day now. I only record on Fridays now so everything during the week is just numbers.

For example this week....I started out at 176 down to 175 then yesterday I was 178 today (my day I record) I'm 173. So picking one day to track it is best I believe! :) As the vets said weighing daily in after goal helps keep you accountable. I believe I will be one of the ones that will need to. But each to there own. Each persons weighing works for them :)

We all are freaking SUPERSTARS! :D