Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I'm 6 weeks post op & have found myself resorting to slider foods that are not good at all.. 99% of it being junk.. I'm very concerned as I've lost 14 kgs post op but have stalled for the last 2-3 weeks. I know it's my own fault but that's why I'm trying to figure out a game plan to get my weight loss going..

My question is; have any of you gone back onto Optifast shakes or something similar to kick start your weight loss again? I'm thinking of doing Optifast for 12 weeks to get my strict eating back under control again & then in 12 weeks go onto eating strictly Protein.. Ideas? Suggestions anyone?

I would suggest finding a good therapist first that specializes in wls patients. Ive been going for years and thry really help get to the root of why you do said behavior.

I cant answer about the rest of your post tho. I'm 11 weeks and have followed my program exactly.

Hopefully others can offer something.

Optifast? Like prepackaged meals and shakes?

You should honestly save yourself the money, buy a good Protein shake and Google or Pintrest low carb recipes or Paleo recipes and go from there. Optifast reminds me too much of my pre sleeved lifestyle... just another program that looks good on the box but is a waste of money and a hassle to maintain.

Try this : http://www.5daypouchtest.com/ Good luck, i have to do the same thing and I am year + post op.. I seem to be in maintenance stage and I need to lose about 20-30 more lbs so going to try this

I would stop eating all the junk food, drink Protein Shakes, eat Protein foods and veggies and stay away from the sliders (foods that go down easy). Increase your Water intake....... You can do this. Work on eating clean because you can gain weight with the sliders. This is the time to take advantage of the honey moon period. Also as a therapist, I highly recommend that you see a therapist that specializes in wls also....you have a lot of hard work a head of you...... :P

Hi. I'm 5 months out and I'm stuck too. I'm getting so frustrated. I wouldn't say that I stick to a certain diet, but I certainly don't eat the way I used to either. I've lost 74 lbs and I've been stuck at the same weight for the last month or more it seems. I've just started exercising more so I know what I need to do. I'm just afraid that 74 lbs is all I'm gonna lose and I'm starting to get very depressed. The image I had in my head before surgery was that the first 6 months the weight would just fall off and THEN the work part come in. I dnt regret my sleeve at all, I just thought it would be faster. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :'(

Hi. I'm 5 months out and I'm stuck too. I'm getting so frustrated. I wouldn't say that I stick to a certain diet, but I certainly don't eat the way I used to either. I've lost 74 lbs and I've been stuck at the same weight for the last month or more it seems. I've just started exercising more so I know what I need to do. I'm just afraid that 74 lbs is all I'm gonna lose and I'm starting to get very depressed. The image I had in my head before surgery was that the first 6 months the weight would just fall off and THEN the work part come in. I dnt regret my sleeve at all, I just thought it would be faster. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :'(

Jenni can you share with us what foods your eating, how much, how often? And don't forget, you have lost 74 lbs and that's more than just a little! CONGRATS on the loss...... :P Celebrate!

Hi! First, thank you so much! It means a lot to me :) second, I'm really trying to eat right. Proteins like chicken, turkey fish and shrimp. I stay away from processed whites like bread, sugar and rice. I do indulge every now and then, with a small piece of brownie or one of those little bite size snickers, or maybe a chip or 2. The only thing I've changed is my Protein Shakes. I get some about once or twice a month but when they run out I dnt have them. At 5 months out, would I still need them? I dnt know that I'm getting enough Protein with just what I'm eating. Maybe the shakes are the missing link? Is it possible to have TO MUCH protein?

You should be getting at least 70gms of Protein in and i usually get 100gms of protein. I'm 2 years post op and I still drink Premier chocolate Protein Shakes from costco. I would go with protein shakes for a while and see what happens. The way you describe your eating sounds healthy to me. We all have a little treats here and there. No harm in that.....Drink lots of Water too, it helps.....Fluctuate your calories on alternate days....this helps fool our metabolism into losing weight. Good job! :P