Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the past couple of years as weight has piled on I have not been able to wear most shoes. Most shoes cut into my foot and cause me much pain. I have resulted to wearing soft leather loafers. In fact, I finally found a pair of Michael Kors loafers that I could wear comfortable and bought every color. So, they have been my shoe collection this fall and winter.

Christmas of 2011, my mother bought me a beautiful pair of black leather ankle boots. I could never fit them. They just sat in my closet on the shelf. I threw away most of my other shoes thinking I would never wear "regular" shoes again. Anyway, I tried on the ankle boots this morning and WHAM they fit! My foot fit right in!! In less than 2 weeks, this very significant part of my life has changed! So off I go! Shoe shopping!!!

For the past couple of years as weight has piled on I have not been able to wear most shoes. Most shoes cut into my foot and cause me much pain. I have resulted to wearing soft leather loafers. In fact, I finally found a pair of Michael Kors loafers that I could wear comfortable and bought every color. So, they have been my shoe collection this fall and winter.

Christmas of 2011, my mother bought me a beautiful pair of black leather ankle boots. I could never fit them. They just sat in my closet on the shelf. I threw away most of my other shoes thinking I would never wear "regular" shoes again. Anyway, I tried on the ankle boots this morning and WHAM they fit! My foot fit right in!! In less than 2 weeks, this very significant part of my life has changed! So off I go! Shoe shopping!!!

I can almost hear your bank account crying from here in Canada. Haha just kidding, congratulations!! I'm holding off on all purchases until I absolutely need to (which shouldn't be a for awhile, I have had so many dieting struggles that I have goal clothes from years and years back so I should be ok for awhile).

Make sure to take a picture of whatever NSV presents you pick up :P

Edited by MouseOnTheMile

Haha! I think you're right. I think I'll hold out until it is time for an absolute wardrobe makeover. So excited for that time!

Haha! I think you're right. I think I'll hold out until it is time for an absolute wardrobe makeover. So excited for that time!

Just imagine if your feet have changed so much in 2 weeks, in 6 months, what ever you buy now won't fit!

The feeling I get every time something fits is just memorable! So congratulations and may you find even more things that fit in the process. :)

I hear ya and I understand completely! I wore a size 8 forever after I started to gain. I guess I've consistently been in a size 8-9 (depending on the type of shoe) for the last 8-9 years.

Recently I was at the consignment shop trading in some of my size 22-18's when I ran across an adorable pair of boots. They were size 9's so I just presumed that they'd fit, but it turns out they were HUGE! I ended up returning them. I tried a couple more pair on with the same result; finally I reached for a pair of 7/12 tennis shoes and they fit like a glove!

The next time I was in Target I picked up a pair of little flat "ballet" type shoes off of the girls rack! Yes! You read it right! I can wear a child's xl or a women's size 7 1/2! Who-da-thunk that I'd ever drop a size and a half in shoes just by loosing 40lbs? I sure would've thunk it that's for sure!

And by the way - I've seen several others talk about not wanting to buy clothes because their loosing, but in my opinion wearing the wrong size makes us look way more unattractive than when we wear something that fits properly.

My sister in law had gastric bypass a couple of years ago and she just wouldn't go get new clothes. Being the pushy person that I am I made her go through her closet while I was there visiting. We took all of her quality clothes to the local consignment store and her "not so good stuff" to the local thrift store. I introduced her to consignment store shopping! Now she's hooked because she realizes that she can get money for her clothes that are too big and replace them with thing that fit and flatter.

I hope y'all will consider doing this. Yesterday I went to the consignment store and hit their sale! They're getting rid of winter things now and taking in spring and warmer weather clothes here on the coast. All of the winter clothes were 50% off. I got 3 pair of jeans and 8 tops for (drum roll......) $25! And I'm talking about nice clothes, not someone's left over junk. The jeans are Levis and Avenue, and the tops are Croft and Barrel, Avenue, Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret, Under Armor, Kim Rogers, etc.

That's the difference in thrift stores and consignment stores. Thrift stores will accept all donations where as consignment stores pick and choose what they accept because they know it has to sell so that we (the consignors) make money, too.

Of course 99% of the time I turn around and spend what I made off of the items of mine that sold. but it's still a lot cheaper to pick up a gently worn Victoria Secret sweater for $10-15 than it is to buy it new for $60 out of the catalog.

Okay, I'll get off of my soap box now...

I wore my favorite cute sandals to work about 4 weeks post op and literally had to shuffle around all day. If I picked up my feet they fell off. Lol. I'm now down to one pair of boots and I bought new tennis shoes so I'm extra light in the shoe dept. Also I can't wear my wedding ring anymore because I'm afraid I'll lose it

Funny about the wedding ring. I just said the same thing to my husband. I actually have to keep my hand clenched when I leave the house for fear of it slipping off. I keep meaning to go to the jewelers and see if they can add those little balls to the inside to size it smaller.

As far as buying cloths. Its nice to buy a few things at each size as you loose so you always feel and look good in your clothes. You don't have to spend alot just a couple of pants from Target or Kohls and a few tops.

Funny about the wedding ring. I just said the same thing to my husband. I actually have to keep my hand clenched when I leave the house for fear of it slipping off. I keep meaning to go to the jewelers and see if they can add those little balls to the inside to size it smaller.

As far as buying cloths. Its nice to buy a few things at each size as you loose so you always feel and look good in your clothes. You don't have to spend alot just a couple of pants from Target or Kohls and a few tops.

My ring finger went from a 7 to a 5.5. I had no idea how fat my hands were! Just about 3.5 months post-op I finally had to go get my ring and watch resized. I was so worried about flinging them off at some point in the day.

I too hate to shop and my husband has been gleeful about herding me around. I had no choice. Not only does nothing fit, most of it wouldn't stay on/up or cover important areas. I did hit a thrift store and scored some really nice tops and skirts. I always considered the consignment stores "too young" for me. Now I realize that they just don't have fat clothes and that some of the items are perfectly acceptable for a middle-aged mom. I may have to hit them later this week. I've been making do with a single pair of jeans that I replace as I drop a size and a few strategically purchased tops.

I have purchased a new pair of jeans at Target basically each month. I realized the other day that after wearing them for a day, the 14s were bagging a bit, so I bought the 12s. It will take another couple of weeks before they really fit but I can zip them now. I'm also digging through my closet and pulling out stuff I haven't been able to wear in 5 years. Totally fun.

But I wear jeans pretty much every day and it has been enough of a boost to be able to buy new pairs (and they're about $20) so I have enjoyed that. I will say that I bought 16s early on and could only wear them for a week or two. The 14s have lasted at least a month so far.

My ring size has been 6 all along. The rings do fit better now, but I doubt I'll have to downsize that. No idea about feet.

Nice job everyone! I have two suits in my closet that I get to break out for my return to work this week. Size 18.

Unfortunately, I have a rule that if I don't use or wear something for six months I throw or give it away. I have cleared my closet of all smaller sizes besides these two suits so I literally starting from scratch. Fortunately, my size 20's are not so too big yet.