Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For some reason I feel like this sleeve will change my entire life. I know that it will change my health and apperance, but for some reason I feel after the surgery I will not only loose weight but I will become more organized and my life will be more in order. Right now my life is fine but I can stand to be a less messy and my memory is horrible which causes me to forget important appointments, and all sorts of things. I'm thinking its because of my sleep apena and low Iron idk. But my mindset now is that after surgery, after all the weight is gone I will all of a sudden have a ton of energy and become much more neat and organized. Is there any truth to these thoughts, have anyone noticed that they had more energy and was able to not only take charge of their life but their household too lol.

Edited by jashantee

For me, I think the surgery was the first steps in many. My weight was holding me back - holding me back from making changes in my life. I didn't expect much from myself and my family got used to me not feeling well or being tired and just not participating.

6 short weeks after surgery, I can already see things change. I have more energy - with that new energy, it's a new ballgame.

I think you're also right in thinking more clearly - I think when you're healthier physically, a byproduct is a healthier mind.

This surgery is a life changer!

2014 will be a great year!

Nope, still me in every way, just a leaner version. In some ways I am worse - concentration and energy levels are poor. Sorry if that's not the answer you want :)

After four and a half months I would say my energy level and stamina is much better.

Organization wise and forgetting things, nothing has changed. In fact, maybe worse because I am so preoccupied with getting enough Water, Protein, exercise, etc.

Edited by NMJG

Now that I am so (blessedly) detached from food, I find myself stopping to do things right (and right away) all the time. I've made a game of dealing with things on the spot rather than procrastinating. If I see an erroneous charge on my credit card statement, I dial the 800 number, jump on my treadmill & get it taken care of right then. If I go to the dryer to find a pair of socks, I stop & sort the whole load & deliver stuff to the proper room, etc, etc. I seem to have lots of room for somewhat healthy obsessions now that the whole unhealthy/depressing obsession with food has been largely neutralized.

I think it's TOTALLY reasonable to be envisioning a more organized/ centered future!

Edited by rhw94123

I have had more energy since sleeving Nov. 18 than I have had in 6 months. I seriously have shopped several hours. I am so happy, and losing 40 lbs. -- can you envision me carrying 8 5-lb. bags of sugar and trying to shop? I am awesome and amazed!!!!!! Best wishes!

jashantee, all of those things are possibilities for you. Most them will take great effort but I sense that you are up to the challenge.

Before surgery, I was a sick, obese, tired old man. I am still old, older, but no longer sick, obese or tired. I just spent the day with a guy in his 30's shoveling gravel and moving bricks for 6 hours. He honestly acted and looked more tired than I did. I am 65.

I am more capable now in many areas than before. It is a life changer if you make it so.

Go get 'em!

For some reason I feel like this sleeve will change my entire life. I know that it will change my health and apperance, but for some reason I feel after the surgery I will not only loose weight but I will become more organized and my life will be more in order. Right now my life is fine but I can stand to be a less messy and my memory is horrible which causes me to forget important appointments, and all sorts of things. I'm thinking its because of my sleep apena and low Iron idk. But my mindset now is that after surgery, after all the weight is gone I will all of a sudden have a ton of energy and become much more neat and organized. Is there any truth to these thoughts, have anyone noticed that they had more energy and was able to not only take charge of their life but their household too lol.