Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 3 weeks post op today. I had 7 laparoscopic incisions. 4 have healed 3 are weird! They are red around, but nothing oozing out. 2 opened up a little but nothing ever came out of them. One is in a fat roll (sorry for that!)and skin is peeling all around it. Any idea what I can put on them to help them heal? I wash them 2x per day with anti bacterial soap. I'm a housewife so I'm not leaving the house to work or sitting at a desk job. Dr. Said just leave them but the scab on the two of them is yellow. Yuck! Any suggestions? Sorry for the gross description!

You can put some antibiotic ointment on it if you want and cover with bandaid but one of mine took longer to heal and had the yellow scab. And i used the ointment for couple days then after that i just left it open to air to heal and it was all good :)

Good question..I was told not to.put anything and don't even face the shower head...maybe because the glue helps it heal underneath?

I don't have glue underneath. I had stitches. It looked like fishing line. Most got pulled out after the first week. I took the last one out today myself! My stomach didn't have glue either. My surgeon stapled it then sewed it. He doesn't use bio glue. I was told before to not wash them. Let soap rinse over them and pay dry. Today was the first day I decided to wash them with a wash cloth.

UnbLivable,

If I were in your shoes, I would be in contact with my doctor's office. Possibly you could take a picture and send it to them via email if your doctor is not nearby.

I am 9 weeks out. The only incision I had that was still oozing when I left the hospital was where my drain had been.

Good luck to you. I hope it stops soon.

I never had a drain. My dr looked at them last week and said since nothing was oozing they were ok. They just didn't look how he wants them to. My concern is they haven't improved since last week either. :( I guess I'll call them tomorrow. :(

Isn't that how it normally works? Everything fine when you see that doctor and then bam. Seems to happen to me with my car. Take it to the shop because it's making a noise, they can't find it, you drive away and it happens a block later.

Please call them to see what they say. Hopefully they are open since it's New Year's Eve. Good luck.

I had surgery 12/18. I wash with Dial antibacterial. My PCP made me buy some medical skin cleanser (over the counter). I use that once or twice a day, then I do generic antibacterial cream. I started this last week and my incision areas are looking great!

I'm 4 weeks post-op. A week ago, the scab on my biggest incision fell off. It was oozing yellow Fluid and was red around the edges. It was about a 1/2 inch deep and 1/2 inch wide. I could see inside of it. It was just a hole in my belly. I was really scared. I sent a pic to my NP. Wasn't sure if I should put more steri-strips on, use bactrim or keep it covered. My NP wasn't alarmed at all. Se said not to use bactrim or any ointment, just keep it covered with a band aide or 2x2 gauze pad. She said that there was probably some fluid behind the scab, which is why it fell off and started to ooze. I'm just keeping it covered with a band aide and it seems to be getting smaller. I wouldn't worry. But definitely, take a pic and send to your dr so they can be the judge.

I had surgery 12/18. I wash with Dial antibacterial. My PCP made me buy some medical skin cleanser (over the counter). I use that once or twice a day, then I do generic antibacterial cream. I started this last week and my incision areas are looking great!

What's the name if the skin cleanser and anti bacterial cream? I'm using neosporin And dial antibacterial body wash! Not helping at all!!!

From experience with antibacterial ointments (neosporin) not working for me in the past, when I was have a tiny bit of trouble with some of my incisions (especially the ones in between fat rolls that were constantly rubbing against one another), I just wash and dried them WELL then stuck a bandaid on them to keep them dry. :) Worked like a charm! (Surgeon recommended it too)

I know they said don't worry about the incisions, but a nurse friend told me to put the cream on. I am using Hibiclens, it says it's an antiseptic/anti microbial skin cleanser. It does not stain, it's bright hot pink and looks like it should! The ointment is a generic triple antibiotic ointment. I will probably do this for a few more days, but I can tell a big difference since I started doing this!

I know they said don't worry about the incisions, but a nurse friend told me to put the cream on. I am using Hibiclens, it says it's an antiseptic/anti microbial skin cleanser. It does not stain, it's bright hot pink and looks like it should! The ointment is a generic triple antibiotic ointment. I will probably do this for a few more days, but I can tell a big difference since I started doing this!

Where can I get it?

I just went to a local pharmacy and asked them. It was on their shelf.