Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you eating today?

I thought it would be interesting and informative to talk about our daily intakes and food choices. I think I will be tracking my intake for my own knowledge and my blog as well (takinghalfoff.com). So thought I'd share. If anyone wants to share your menu or ideas please do! I'm excited to be getting my Protein and Water in.

Dec 27- Day 5- Full liquid Diet totals:

45g of Protein, Myology chocolate whey Isolate

12 oz skim milk

2 16.9oz bottles of Water

6oz Dannon Light N Fit strawberry banana

4oz unsweetened apple sauce with cinnamon (Don't think this agreed with me)

14 oz egg drop Soup (hit the spot, went down easy)

2 sugar free popsicles

A bit suprised at my nutrition for the day but glad to get all this in.

557 calories

63 carbs (12 sugar)

8 fat

66 protein

I hope not to shoot my metabolism in the foot. Anyone else notice their temp being lower? My temp is one full degree lower now. Hmmm...

So let's here it folks, what are you eating? Inspire me! I'm already tiring of the liquids I take in.

Edit: HEY, I just noticed we're Surgery Twins! WHOOOO DECEMBER 23!!!!

I'll be sure to check out your blog. Always curious and interested in all things WLS. Here's my menu from yesterday:

Day Four, Full liquids Diet:

8oz GNC Lean Protein shake

4 oz seafood stew (husband strained it for me. he combined shrimp, crab and veggies in a crock pot, poured on some seafood broth and seasonings and cooked it about 8 hours. It was delicious)

11oz plain Water

4oz Dasani Drop flavored water

3.6oz SF chocolate pudding

6oz Butternut Squash broth (Trader Joe's)

8oz Blackbean Broth (Trader Joe's)

2.5oz Chobani Plain, Lite Yogurt sweetened with Dasani Pina Colada Drops

Today I am going to strain some Zuppa Toscana from Olive Garden so I can eat out with my family.

Edited by Comfy_Blue

* Fruite smoothie for Breakfast (1 banana, half grapefrute, EAS vanilla Protein powder)

* 4oz pan-seared salmon, birdseye steamfresh potatos and green Beans (half after workout0

* Finish lunch about 3 hours later

* 2 fried eggs and a waffle

* 96oz of Water

**I always stop eating between 7 and 8 and start up again around 12pm-1pm.

Today I have had:

8 oz Protein shake for Breakfast

1/2 cup chocolate SF pudding with 1 tbsp Protein powder for snack

1/4 cup of chicken chili pureed & 1/4 cup of cottage cheese w/ 1 tbsp of Protein Powder for lunch

1 Outshine SF strawberry popsicle for snack

Planning dinner now...possibly:

1/4 cup corn beef hash pureed

1/4 cup greek yogurt with 1 tbsp of Protein powder.< /p>

Please excuse the color scheme, I just C&P'ed from my blog. Here's yesterdays food. Honestly, I could have gotten more calories in if I wanted to but I am not sure how many they want us to have at this stage. Hmm..

Menu (Full Fluids):
60 grams Protein, Myology chocolate
16 oz skim milk
2 16.9oz bottles of Water
2 16 ounce bottles of Decaf diet iced tea
1 cup egg drop soup
2 cups Imagine brand creamy Potato Leek soup
2 TB parmesan for the soup
1 SF popsicle

Nutrition:
710 Calories
62 g carbs
13 g fat
90 g protein

Yesterdays 'food' wasn't too exciting. Still full liquids:

2 cups milk with 2 scoops Myology chocolate (30 grams Protein a scoop)

1.5 cups Egg Drop soup

32 oz diet Decaf iced tea

1 SF Jello

16.9oz bottle Water

Energy: 544.2 (500.4 net) kcal / 970.0 kcal (56%)
Protein: 84.2 g / 110.2 g (76%)
Carbs: 43.8 g / 22.0 g (199%)
Fat: 4.6 g / 49.0 g (9%)

Now today's 'food' was a bit more interesting! I was encouraged to try adding cottage cheese by my nurse (preferably whipped, but I didn't find any). 5-9 grams a day is so low. I took 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese, 2 TB grated parmesan, and a dash of onion and garlic powder. I mixed it up and microwaved it for 1 minute. Not only is it really hitting the spot and going down easy, but it is gooey, cheesy, and the curds mostly disolved into mush! MMM!

Todays menu:

1 cup milk with a scoop og Myology chocolate (30 grams)

1 cup egg drop Soup

1 cup potato leek soup w/ 2 TB parm cheese

16.9oz Water

2 cups dec diet iced tea

Dannon Light and Fit Greek strawberry yogurt (haven't eaten it yet, but I plan to!)

1/2 c 1% fat cottage cheese w/2 TB parm cheese

Energy: 615.9 kcal / 970.0 kcal (63%)
Protein: 77.7 g / 110.2 g (71%)
Carbs: 50.5 g / 22.0 g (229%)
Fat: 12.0 g / 49.0 g (25%)

Menu (Full Liquids):

1/2 c cottage cheese, 1% with 1/4 c shredded cheddar

1/4 c cottage cheese, 1% with 1 TB parmesan cheese

1 1/3 c egg drop soup

1 SF popsicle

6 cups Water

2 cups Decaf diet iced tea

pudding made with:

1 scoop Myology chocolate whey and

1 scoop unflavored whey Protein isolate and

3/4 c skim milk and

1 serving Jell-o chocolate pudding mix

Nutrition:

643 calories

87 grams protein

42 grams carbs

17 grams fat

Today was an exciting day! Who would have thought a few months ago that I would be so thrilled to eat half a small Wendy's chili? It was my first soft foods meal post op. I finished my chili later (what I could) and later I had some mashed potatoes I made with low fat cottage cheese, milk, and cheddar to increase the Protein. I was in heaven. ♥

Anyone else want to share what's on the menu? Since the NUT said I don't need to count calories right now I'll just share what I am eating:

6-8oz whiting filet, ate that throughout the day

1/2 c mashed potatoes with cottage cheese, milk, parm, and cheddar

4 ounce scallops served over maybe 1/4 c mashed potatoes and just a garnishing of green Beans. At the whole thing!

Coffee!

Lots of Water

I feel normal again :)

Hey there girl!!! Can you have coffee? ? Is it Decaf? I am dying for my coffee back and I was super excited to see I might get it back this week! :) .... I love reading all the stuff you are eating it is certainly giving me ideas... I am not at all creative so I was super happy to see this... Keep em coming!!!

Hey there girl!!! Can you have coffee?? Is it Decaf? I am dying for my coffee back and I was super excited to see I might get it back this week! :) .... I love reading all the stuff you are eating it is certainly giving me ideas... I am not at all creative so I was super happy to see this... Keep em coming!!!

Hi Faith. I asked about coffee 11 days out, just cause I forgot to ask at my follow up appointment. Neff and Sherry are super laid back. It seems, if you think you are ready for something, they think so too. I'm sure if you had a bad idea they would inform you, and then you'd change your ideas as well. I was thinking I was going to have to handle my sleeve with kid gloves but not so, so far. I've also chewed gum and maybe I'll even use a straw...lol.

Day 13 Menu (Soft Foods):

Breakfast- 2 cups coffee with 1/2 skim milk followed a bit later by Myology chocolate Protein with 1 c skim milk (I wanted fluids and didn't feel like food until the afternoon)
Lunch- 1/2 refried Beans w/ salsa, cheddar, and light sour cream. By the time it was all put together it was about 1 cup of food. I ate about 3/4 c total and gave my son the rest.
Dinner- 4 oz crab cake w/ 5 brussel sprouts that I cook a little longer to make soft. I finished about 3.5 oz of the crab cake and 2 brussel sprouts
Day 14 Menu (Soft Foods):
Menu (Soft Foods):

Breakfast- Myology chocolate shake with milk

Lunch- Two larger crab stuffed mushrooms and brussel sprouts (of which I managed to eat 3)

Afternoon Meal- This was so damn good! This is three cracked pepper and olive oil Triscuits with garlic cheddar cheese and roast beef with a side of cauliflower with cheese. I ate it all!

Dinner- As awesome as my afternoon meal was, I repeated it- but I switched out the cauliflower for sautéed spinach in a butter sauce.

Late Night Meal- refried Beans with salsa, cheddar, and light sour cream.