Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No more DIET New Year's RESOLUTIONS for me!

For the first time in my adult life I won't be making my typical "I'm going on a diet," "I'm going to lose weight," "I'm going to join a gym and exercise everyday" resolutions.......

WHY????

I have the band.... I don't DIET anymore.

I am losing weight.

I've been going to the gym 5-6 times a week for the past seven months. It's now a regular part of my day that I must do..... I crave the endorphins!!!!

you are doing so great. nice job. and you are right. we don't diet anymore unless you call eating healthy a diet. happy new year to you

Love it..Love it...Love it....

Was at my Sister-in laws for a Christmas dinner the other day...and everyone at the table..(in between stuffing their mouths) were all talking and committing to diets starting New Years...we also have a Wedding coming up in the spring so they are extra motivated.(?)

Where oh where have I heard all this before???

And they give WLS a bad name? I really feel sorry for THEM.....

Every Lap Bander has had the surgery because we know, for us anyway, the we could not loose weight with dieting...I know I failed at all of them....I needed surgery, for a PERMANENT Life Change....and that is EXACTLY what I got.

As far as the Gym goes....it will be a circus for a few months after New years, very, very crowded with people having resolutions...us regulars, including the staff, all smile because we know it will get back to normal in due time.....(I've been going 5 days a week for over 3 years now...Can't stop!)

Every Person on this Forum should feel proud going into the New Years knowing you have been set free from all that nonsense....it's a multi-million (Billion) dollar scheme we don't get caught up into anymore....

Just wait...the TV weight Loss Adds will start very soon in earnest....my problem is trying to avoid listening to them all....

Edited by B-52

Yes! When surrounded by people groaning about the 20 lbs they gained between Halloween and the end of the year, I remember that mindset.

But last year, when I ended 2012 saying "2013 is going to be MY year!" I just knew that this year, my year of getting banded, I would finally be free from being "on" or "off" a program, free from obsessing over points and calories, and free to experience what a dimmed down appetite would bring into my life....peace around my food.

Had I not chosen to move forward with a lapband, I am certain I would weigh more today than I did at the end of 2012.

I agree with above posters I am so grateful to be banded and enjoying the holidays. Gerri g banded 7/1/13 was the greatest day of my life. I hit the gym 5-7 days a week. This is my new lifestyle thankful for the supportive people here n in my life. Those who don't get my new lifestyle o well I love the person I have become because if the band. I'm not doing the eat everything in site cause jan 1 is diet time. This is my new life. If I want it I eat but way more selective in what goes in my mouth and the band keeps me in check by not allowing me to over eat so why did I wAit so long !!!! Happy new year everyone

Congrats and Happy New year, no diet to you! Karen..aka.kll724

I'm just waiting for my exercise partner to arrive and I can't wait to get to it. This is definitely a new me. I exercised before but never wanted to, and now I look forward to the release -- and I'm working so much harder (kind of sore from BowFlex the other day and can't wait to get back on). I credit the band with this -- it has changed how I think not just about food but about what my body really needs, including exercise. Yippee!

HEEEELP!! I signed up at my neighborhood Planet Fitness THREE WEEKS ago but I have not gone in yet. I'm so afraid to look out-of-place and I have NO idea how to begin a workout regimen. I'll be lost!!

HEEEELP!! I signed up at my neighborhood Planet Fitness THREE WEEKS ago but I have not gone in yet. I'm so afraid to look out-of-place and I have NO idea how to begin a workout regimen. I'll be lost!!

That's the gym my husband and I joined seven months ago. To be honest, I started on the stationary bikes ( got my cardio in, but didn't have to bare my weight.). After six weeks, I started the treadmill (still didn't do resistance weight machines). Now I'm doing an hour a day on the elliptical .... about 6.3 miles. I also do their 30 minute workout every other day. I HATED the first five weeks of going, but I HATED EVEN MORE the alternative of being a couch potato. About the fifth or sixth week in, I started looking forward to going. Now, I can't not go !!!!!

I would encourage you to go.....there are more "regular" and "overweight " people at PF than there are "buff" bodybuilders...... Believe me when I tell you that no one will be staring at you or commenting about you bc they are all just trying to get their workout done ..... At least that's what I now realize . Please consider using that membership..... You will NOT regret it !

Just show up and get on the treadmill and and take a casual walk...get used to your surroundings and observe other people...get a i-pod with ear buds.....maybe move up to the elliptical the next time or 2....sooner or later you will start to get into a routine, no matter how small it may be.....it's a start....

I am in my own little world when I go to the gym...have noise canceling ear buds, my i-pod with my favorite work out music....someone could yell FIRE and I would not notice....

A little advanced info...but I aim for a total out of body experience.....I like to run 5 miles and not even be aware I'm running...(runner's high)...does not happen every time, but it does happen often....this morning was such a day...could have went all day...not sure why I stopped...ran out of music I think.

Ok u have the first step you joined . Start on treadmill or try a class. You tube done routines you can do there . You will not look out of place I see it line this you don't know any if those people so their opinions don't matter what matters is you hitting ur goals. I felt the same way when I joined my gym everyone was in great shape and you kno what I did what I could n u stick it out 6 months later I'm friendly with most of them n we encourage each other you only know if you try ...

Set yourself some small goals and work towards them. You'll be surprised at the turns your body tone will take. The weight loss is great, but the toning is icing on the cake.

I've decided to make a resolution after all.....

I'm going to "MAKE PEACE WITH MY PAST"....

So it won't disturb MY PRESENT!!!!!

Especially my food, weight, and couch potato past.

I think that they have coaches at the Planet Fitness gyms. Best wishes, everyone looks out of place when they 1st start. Best wishes, happy New Year and new you! Karen..aka.kll724