Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christmas came early

Woohoo! My husband was dead set against me having weight loss surgery. During the months prior to surgery my husband was mad, angry, mean and even threatened me with divorce if I went through with it.

Today he is my biggest advocate. He comments all the time about what a great job I am doing. I am 4 months out and down a total of 85 lbs of which 46lbs is post-op. I am hoping to hit onederland for New Years (4 more pounds to go).

Saturday morning I was on my local Harley-Davidson web-sight looking for a new leather coat for this spring because my 3W coat is now way too big. While I was there I happened to browse the bikes they had in stock. I mentioned to my hubby about one of them later that morning and he suggested we go take a look.

When we go to the dealership I looked at the one that I had mentioned and wasn't quite as happy with it as I thought I would be. So to my surprise my husband said that I work so hard at everything that I deserve anything I want. I was like a kid in a candy store. I must have sat on 25 bikes.

I found a fully dressed (saddle bags and fairing) fatboy. OMG....I am in love. She is being delivered today or tomorrow! When we went to dinner at the in-laws yesterday he was bragging out how good I am going to look sitting on the bike.post-174321-0-57022800-1387789102_thumb.jpg post-174321-0-34796200-1387789103_thumb.jpg

Oh and I also got a new coat. It is an XL.

Sweet!:)

That was so sweet. You are awesome and so is he. You continued with your surgery regardless of the threats and he still stayed with you and he has now blessed you....Beautiful...true Love.

Awww. Such a sweet story. I'm so happy for you - glad he came around, maybe he was just scared before?. The bike is SWWWWEEEETTT!! Love it!

Love the bike!

I really don't know all of the reasons my husband finally came around but I know some of them.

First off we are both very opinionated people. He a little more so. It was his opinion that all I needed to do was eat less and exercise. Like I never though or tried that before.

He was scared of the possible complications. He heard a lot of stories from some of his co-workers about the complications that someone they knew or heard about had.

He also heard a lot of horror stories about the by-pass which he wouldn't listen to me when I tried to tell him the sleeve was different.

He listened to others about how everyone they knew that has weightloss surgery failed and they gained all the weight back.

But instead if listening to his wife like he should have he was driving himself "nuts" about it.

Seriously he even threatened me with divorce if I went through with it.

As the months went buy while I was jumping through hoops for my insurance to cover the procedure I had lost some weight and this just fueled his fire even more. His thought was that since I proved I could do it without surgery there was no reason what-so-ever for me to continue pursuing the idea.

Finally after about 7 months of his bad attitude every time the subject came up I finally had to put him in his place. (with me yelling at him of course) I pointed out to him that as his wife I have supported him in his decisions whether or not I agreed with them. As my husband it is his responsibility to have my back and not force me to follow his "rules". I was not married into a dictatorship!

From then 'til my surgery he was still a little up-tight about it but not nearly as bad as he was. Then at the end of August I had the surgery and all went well. Then a lot of his stress about the possible complications went away. His mood became a lot better.

I am now 4 months out and my husband compliments me all the time about my looks and my perseverance through it all.

My bike was delivered by Harley at 3 pm this afternoon.

My Hubby was more supportive after he saw me not changing my mind. But at first he was scared for me! Wow. This is great!

Congrats on all levels! I am so happy that your husband is so proud of you and turned his opinion around! The bike looks awesome and you will also sitting on it! :)