Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Partnership HEALTH PLAN Insurance

@@Tierra T Tij Yes Partnership does cover gastric bypass RNY 100% but only through Healthy Steps which is affiliated with Sutter in Santa Rosa

@@GENNYOSKINNY My surgery is Monday July 27th!! Finally!

Im so excited for you!! Finally....so howd it go how are you feeling??

now did you have the sleeve or bypass... I hope ur doing good

now did you have the sleeve or bypass... I hope ur doing good

Just got discharged today and feeling sore, I ended up getting RNY due to me having acid reflux...it's weird feeling full so fast. I had issues with my potassium dropping so they kept me and extra day. But all in all I'm great!

Im so happy for you & yes ur always more comfy at hm Im so excited for you ????????hope you u heal quickly

How do I get approved though? For parnership of california to get bariatric surgery and how long is the wait? Because i thought about just getting private insurance through Anthem Blue Cross if they don't cover it.

I live in Fairfield and Santa Rosa seems far away like close to 3 hours and I don't have a car, I was trying to find something local.

@@Tierra T Tij I went to the seminar 2/14/15 and had my appt with the surgeon 3/11/15. Had 3 appointments over 3 months (1 each month) with the bariatric nurses clinic and 3 appointments over 3 months (1 each month) with the exercise/nutritionist) these two places are directly across the street from each other so I always made them back to back on the same day. My surgery day way 7/27/15. They'll give you a list of test that needs to be done and you can do those locally. You will also need to do the psych evaluation at healthy steps as partnership will pay for that too.

In order for partnership to approve the surgery it has to be deemed medically necessary. Go see your primary care doctor and get a referral to Healthy Steps in Santa Rosa (this is the only place partnership accepts so it must be them) after the referral, call healthy steps or go to their website to find out their scheduled days for their seminar, attend the seminar, then call them to schedule your appointment with the surgeon. After you go through the program they will submit to partnership for surgery approval.

before finding all this out, my doctor referred me to UC Davis but when I called them and the rest of the bariatric places that was closer to me here in fairfield, they all did not accept partnership.

So Healthy steps is the only place that Partnership is partnered with for Solano county and they paid 100%

My experience with them is great and my Surgeon Dr. Woodbury is phenomenal.

I live in Fairfield and Santa Rosa seems far away like close to 3 hours and I don't have a car, I was trying to find something local.

Yeah Santa Rosa is an hour and 10 minutes away. I normally get there in an hour and 3mins. I wish it was local but the trade of for partnership paying 100% is great

Hi, sorry fit butting in but I have a question. Lol. When you go to your doctor to ask for a referral do they need to do tests on you and stuff or do they just refer you? I haven't gone to the doc in a while. :o LOL

Hi, sorry fit butting in but I have a question. Lol. When you go to your doctor to ask for a referral do they need to do tests on you and stuff or do they just refer you? I haven't gone to the doc in a while. :o LOL

It's more of a conversation with your doctor where he/she can determine if bariatric surgery is good for you, then yes they'll refer you.

Awesome. Thank you for replying.

Sent from my Z970 using BariatricPal mobile app

@@Ailee no problem girlie

I'm so glad I came across this thread I had partnership too and I never had a doctor who said they will cover it .I had to get my insurance from my employer to even have a conversation about it .Which sucks I would have tried years ago .i have a friend on partnership that I will think she will qualify so I will tell her that it is possible .

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App