Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I ate a piece of pizza last night..... And I liked it!

If you thought ribearty was preachy, it would probably be best if I backed out of here now. ;)

Good luck to you!

Now, now..lets be civil....cutie

If you thought ribearty was preachy, it would probably be best if I backed out of here now. ;)

Good luck to you!

I WAS! That's why I left without mentioning that I, too, had my very first slice of pizza last night. It was the smallest piece in the medium Dominos box and it took me about 45 minutes to eat it. I didn't mention that even at 7 months out, it was a very bad choice and one I won't repeat because it's a slippery slope. I didn't mention anything about the doctor's recommendations so early out or a still healing tummy. I kept my mouth tightly shut and I will continue to do so. Promise!

Edited by LipstickLady

Good luck to you!

I WAS! That's why I left without mentioning that I, too, had my very first slice of pizza last night. It was the smallest piece in the medium Dominoes box and it took me about 45 minutes to eat it. I didn't mention that even at 7 months out, it was a very bad choice and one I won't repeat because it's a slippery slope. I didn't mention anything about the doctor's recommendations so early out or a still healing tummy. I kept my mouth tightly shut and I will continue to do so. Promise!

Okay, okay..i understand...am I the only one that thinks that pizza is a good food to eat..Not 8 weeks out but when you are healed and on solid food....I think that it is good for you...it has everything on it and i was told that it is the best all around food to eat when you are in a pinch...

I think that if we always deny ourselves certain foods that it will be harder and harder to it together..we have to learn to use food to feed our bodies not our emotions and mind......denying things is like all the other diets that we failed at...I can see not eating things that are hard for you to control them..sliders...but we still have to learn that food is not our enemy..We still need to eat..don't we!!!!!!!

I think that not learning to eat normal is a mistake that can cause problems down the road..But that is just me..Maybe I am the problem because I don't understand....if i am the problem..maybe I don't belong here either.....

Love you lipsstick

Well there is a major difference in eating this at two weeks out and at seven months out..

At seven months? Not the greatest choice if you are still in the losing phase.

As for it being a "good" choice if you are in a pinch?! I don't think so..unless you just eat the toppings (again when you are much further out)

To a certain extent the sleeve is still about willpower and taking personal responsibility.

I think this is why fights erupt here sometimes...

You may eat that pizza and be ok, you may not..

Like I said that's all of our choices to make.

But those of us further out know that a "cookie" is not just a cookie, it represents so much more.

the deeper issue I think is the behavior. We did a serious thing to ourselves having this radical surgery..

But it is not a miracle or a cure.

Many people find ways to "eat around" the sleeve. We got here because of our disordered eating so it's not a surprise that we would try to figure out ways to eat still, even right after surgery.

This is something we need to face and work on changing in the early days. Because it will get increasingly harder to do it the further out you get.

Okay, okay..i understand...am I the only one that thinks that pizza is a good food to eat..Not 8 weeks out but when you are healed and on solid food....I think that it is good for you...it has everything on it and i was told that it is the best all around food to eat when you are in a pinch... I think that if we always deny ourselves certain foods that it will be harder and harder to it together..we have to learn to use food to feed our bodies not our emotions and mind......denying things is like all the other diets that we failed at...I can see not eating things that are hard for you to control them..sliders...but we still have to learn that food is not our enemy..We still need to eat..don't we!!!!!!! I think that not learning to eat normal is a mistake that can cause problems down the road..But that is just me..Maybe I am the problem because I don't understand....if i am the problem..maybe I don't belong here either..... Love you lipsstick

I think pizza is a great food if it is loaded with veggies, low fat cheese and meat and has a thin crust. My pizza had pepperoni and too much bread. It was a horrible choice FOR ME because I hadn't finished my Protein and I was so stuffed on the bread, I couldn't get in my nutritional requirements or my Water.

Every body will tolerate food differently and my body craves carbs too much to make pizza a good choice. Personally, I think ANY body is too fresh out of surgery at three weeks to choose pizza, but I'm not a doctor. :D

If you look back over my posting history, you will see that I will NOT deny myself anything because if I do, I will obsess over it and ultimately binge on it. I ate it, it was yummy, it made me feel like shitted and I most likely not have another piece like that for a long time. Homemade and healthy? Yes! Frozen, thin crust and doctored up, very likely. No, food is not my enemy, but I can be my own, and very easily.

It's highly unlikely that I will ever eat "normally". I will always have to be vigilant and aware and conscious of getting in my nutritional needs, that will be MY normal.

Don't be silly, you aren't a problem and of course you belong here. We all do. I just feel it can do more harm than good to condone such choices for a three week old tummy. The OP did well with it, but who is to say a newbie/lurker will do the same? The danger is real, physically and mentally. :)

Edited by LipstickLady

I think pizza is a great food if it is loaded with veggies, low fat cheese and meat and has a thin crust. My pizza had pepperoni and too much bread. It was a horrible choice FOR ME because I hadn't finished my Protein and I was so stuffed on the bread, I couldn't get in my nutritional requirements or my Water.

Every body will tolerate food differently and my body craves carbs too much to make pizza a good choice. Personally, I think ANY body is too fresh out of surgery at three weeks to choose pizza, but I'm not a doctor. :D

If you look back over my posting history, you will see that I will NOT deny myself anything because if I do, I will obsess over it and ultimately binge on it. I ate it, it was yummy, it made me feel like shitted and I most likely not have another piece like that for a long time. Homemade and healthy? Yes! Frozen, thin crust and doctored up, very likely. No, food is not my enemy, but I can be my own, and very easily.

It's highly unlikely that I will ever eat "normally". I will always have to be vigilant and aware and conscious of getting in my nutritional needs, that will be MY normal.

Don't be silly, you aren't a problem and of course you belong here. We all do. I just feel it can do more harm than good to condone such choices for a three week old tummy. The OP did well with it, but who is to say a newbie/lurker will do the same? The danger is real, physically and mentally. :)

I concur.....

Well there is a major difference in eating this at two weeks out and at seven months out..

At seven months? Not the greatest choice if you are still in the losing phase.

As for it being a "good" choice if you are in a pinch?! I don't think so..unless you just eat the toppings (again when you are much further out)

To a certain extent the sleeve is still about willpower and taking personal responsibility.

I think this is why fights erupt here sometimes...

You may eat that pizza and be ok, you may not..

Like I said that's all of our choices to make.

But those of us further out know that a "cookie" is not just a cookie, it represents so much more.

the deeper issue I think is the behavior. We did a serious thing to ourselves having this radical surgery..

But it is not a miracle or a cure.

Many people find ways to "eat around" the sleeve. We got here because of our disordered eating so it's not a surprise that we would try to figure out ways to eat still, even right after surgery.

This is something we need to face and work on changing in the early days. Because it will get increasingly harder to do it the further out you get.

Okay, okay..i understand...am I the only one that thinks that pizza is a good food to eat..Not 8 weeks out but when you are healed and on solid food....I think that it is good for you...it has everything on it and i was told that it is the best all around food to eat when you are in a pinch... I think that if we always deny ourselves certain foods that it will be harder and harder to it together..we have to learn to use food to feed our bodies not our emotions and mind......denying things is like all the other diets that we failed at...I can see not eating things that are hard for you to control them..sliders...but we still have to learn that food is not our enemy..We still need to eat..don't we!!!!!!! I think that not learning to eat normal is a mistake that can cause problems down the road..But that is just me..Maybe I am the problem because I don't understand....if i am the problem..maybe I don't belong here either..... Love you lipsstick

I did not consider myself fighting Laura....I am not condoning pizza for a newbie to the sleeve....Thanks for your input though on the thread......Like Lipsticklady...I am referring to healthy pizza......for a food in the future...I was merely talking to her..That was my intent.....

Probably the wrong place to talk to her about it..Maybe we should have taken it to a private place.....I guess sometimes getting real and saying how you really feel can make people uncomfortable..For that I apologize.....

Yeesh! I didn't mean to start a debate here. Frankly it discourages me from posting my struggles. I suppose I expected more "Bad choice Mary. You can do this" responses rather than being told I think I know more than my doctor and I shouldn't have had the surgery if I wasn't serious about the decision.

We all were given different information and instructions by our Dr and NUT. At three weeks I am cleared for low carb tortillas, cheese and soft vegetables. I considered this prior to eating a slice of cheese pizza with my tiny, pinky fingernail sized bites. I haven't experienced any nausea since three days after surgery and didn't when I made the bad choice to eat pizza.< /p>

I am in no way condoning my mistake. I take full responsibility for my actions and immediately felt guilty and returned to my list of approved foods.

Let's all try to be supportive of each other instead of standing on soapboxes lecturing. Yes, I admit I made a bad choice. But all I'm feeling now is that I wish I had never shared this info with the group.

Yeesh! I didn't mean to start a debate here. Frankly it discourages me from posting my struggles. I suppose I expected more "Bad choice Mary. You can do this" responses rather than being told I think I know more than my doctor and I shouldn't have had the surgery if I wasn't serious about the decision.

We all were given different information and instructions by our Dr and NUT. At three weeks I am cleared for low carb tortillas, cheese and soft vegetables. I considered this prior to eating a slice of cheese pizza with my tiny, pinky fingernail sized bites. I haven't experienced any nausea since three days after surgery and didn't when I made the bad choice to eat pizza.< /p>

I am in no way condoning my mistake. I take full responsibility for my actions and immediately felt guilty and returned to my list of approved foods.

Let's all try to be supportive of each other instead of standing on soapboxes lecturing. Yes, I admit I made a bad choice. But all I'm feeling now is that I wish I had never shared this info with the group.

Sorry to you as well...i was just expressing my thoughts meant nothing by any of it...

Mary, I'm sorry this thread turned in such a drastic way. Honestly, we all make mistakes and you already said you got back on track after your slip up. Just so you know, I'm a year post op and I make a homemade deep dish pizza. I make the crust with fat free cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and Egg Beaters and then top it with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, turkey Italian sausage, lean ground beef, mushrooms and etc. My Grandchildren want me to make it when they come in the weekends and they call it MawMaw's pizza, lol. There are ways to make pretty much ANY dish healthy. It'll be ok. Just stay on track early on and you'll eventually be able to have the things you want, just tweaked. Good luck to you!! It's an AMAZING journey!!

My statement of

"I think this is why fights erupt here sometimes..."

Was referring to the many "I ate pizza threads"

Or "I cheated" threads not this one in particular..

To the op this is a support and and exchange of idea site.. People will express their views some you will like and relate to and others well you can choose to pass on by.

But feeling like you want to leave or not post the forum because one or two people don't agree with everything is not really worth it I think :)

Mary,

I have quit following this topic. It seems I can't say anything right in this thread without offending or upsetting the OP. If you post struggles, you are going to get people's opinions. It isn't always what you want to hear.

I am glad you are back on track.

Edited by ribearty

Does anyone else have the song "I Kissed a Girl (and I liked it) running through their heads now....or is it just me?

Mary,

I have quit following this topic. It seems I can't say anything right in this thread without offending or upsetting the OP. If you post struggles, you are going to get people's opinions. It isn't always what you want to hear.

I am glad you are back on track.

Eh. My words are more for people reading than the OP at this point. :D