Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking of food too much..11 days post op. Help help help

Omg .,i am having a tough time right now with food. I am craving salty foods..like a good tamale. At night I have dreams of food..and I think of the food during the day I cannot have. I know it is most head. I was a sugarholic before my surgery. Now all I want is a good salty meal. Also, the reality that I can eat only 2-3 ounces of food at a time is blowing my mind. Now, I knew this before going into surgery how life would be...but the reality is different than just hearing about it. Will these feelings go away.. Is this what u call the grieving process, HELP.. What is going on with me. I was not expecting this so soon after surgery (11 days post op) .

I feel your pain. 10 days postop and I had a mini melt down yesterday because I feel dehydrated and I just want to eat food without feeling like its stuck in my esophagus! I miss normal food! And then I reigned it in and remembered why I did this. And I remember all the stories or read on here about how things get easier and food is easier to eat over time. And I remember where I want to be, how I want to feel, how I want to look, and that my god I am not even 2 weeks out yet! Take a deep breath, drink some chicken broth (might help with the salt cravings) and relax. It'll get easier. We can do this!!

:) I'm so excited... But why do I feel like I'm walking the green mile? I start my liquid diet Monday, right before Christmas. My date is jan 6th. But all week I have been feeling like I just have to eat one last time.

Omg .,i am having a tough time right now with food. I am craving salty foods..like a good tamale. At night I have dreams of food..and I think of the food during the day I cannot have. I know it is most head. I was a sugarholic before my surgery. Now all I want is a good salty meal. Also, the reality that I can eat only 2-3 ounces of food at a time is blowing my mind. Now, I knew this before going into surgery how life would be...but the reality is different than just hearing about it. Will these feelings go away.. Is this what u call the grieving process, HELP.. What is going on with me. I was not expecting this so soon after surgery (11 days post op) .

I went through the same thing. I was not expecting it either. So you are not along. Call your Nut. Going to a Support group can help. But, it is normal. But talking about it out is important. I'd call my Nut today. Sometimes I felt Hungry and it was gas pain too. It does get easier.

Edited by Ballermom

Omg I had such a bad craving like that I sucked all the salt off of a cracker. It actually worked! Haha. Just make sure you don't eat the cracker...

The sleeve is wonderful, but it does not control our "fat brain". And our fat brain whats you to be like you were with all that good "stuff" going down the pie hole.

The ONLY thing that has worked for me is being VERY focused. Plan my day and eat ONLY what's on the plan. After 4 or 5 days is will get easier IF you can stay strict. I am convinced that I am a Carb Addict. Some good threads about that in Resources.

As for food funerals... well... All it'd do for me is set me back so I skip it...

Right now your hormones are going crazy. Estrogen is being released from your fat cells and your body is healing from the trauma of surgery. You are also eating a fraction of what you were and your body is wondering what the HELL you are doing to it. All that mixed into being tired and out of routine mixes into a big combustible cocktail of misery.

All that said, as you ease back into soft foods and then "real" foods, your hormones level out and you get back to your "normal" life, you will start to feel better and better and you should no longer be utterly consumed by thoughts of food.

Things will get better, but Arts is right. The surgeon operated on our tummies not our heads so you have a lot of work ahead of you. You can do it!

Omg I had such a bad craving like that I sucked all the salt off of a cracker. It actually worked! Haha. Just make sure you don't eat the cracker...

Omg I can relate so much to this thread the other day I sucked on a noodle...omg what was I thinking a little piece came off and cot stuck in my throat omg I was so worried.I would suffocate but luckly it was small enough that with alot of Water it went down...I also have dreams about food I cant begin to explain...when I was in the hospital I had a dream that there was pizza and I snuck a slice from the nurse and ate it quick and almost died but the taste was worth it....all the commercials are killing.me to..ugh!!!good luck.guys its crazy how there arebothers foing through the same thing

It will get better as time pass I was only on a liquid diet 4 a week after my surgery then mushies I Neva dreamed about food just dreamed I woke up the way I was b4 (fat)I also had a break down out of no where like WTF did I do 2 myself & would just cry that also got better after time now I'm 8months out pass my goal weight and very happy I started @ 215 now I'm 149 boy that feels funny saying that 149 I can't believe it my 1st goal was 160 then 155 hang n there we did this 4 a healthier us good luck believe me its worth it I can just throw anything on and look good n it & no longer have high blood pressure god is good

It will get better as time pass I was only on a liquid diet 4 a week after my surgery then mushies I Neva dreamed about food just dreamed I woke up the way I was b4 (fat)I also had a break down out of no where like WTF did I do 2 myself & would just cry that also got better after time now I'm 8months out pass my goal weight and very happy I started @ 215 now I'm 149 boy that feels funny saying that 149 I can't believe it my 1st goal was 160 then 155 hang n there we did this 4 a healthier us good luck believe me its worth it I can just throw anything on and look good n it & no longer have high blood pressure god is good

Amen girl....do you have skin??? Like any excess skin....my doc said I might but im only 18 and im trying to figure out how that might be possible if I still have a little youth on my side I honestly cant wait to be cleared for the gym so I can work this gut to the core im tryiing to do very minimal legs and but because I want a butt...I dont wanna qork it out then its flat like pancake

Amen girl....do you have skin??? Like any excess skin....my doc said I might but im only 18 and im trying to figure out how that might be possible if I still have a little youth on my side I honestly cant wait to be cleared for the gym so I can work this gut to the core im tryiing to do very minimal legs and but because I want a butt...I dont wanna qork it out then its flat like pancake

I have a lil skin nothing noticeable 2 any1

I have a lil skin nothing noticeable 2 any1 else just on my stomach I think that's only cause I had 2 kids lol I do a lot of walking specially on warm days I think u will be fine I can finally say I'm skinny good luck 2 u on ur journey

I have a lil skin nothing noticeable 2 any1 else just on my stomach I think that's only cause I had 2 kids lol I do a lot of walking specially on warm days I think u will be fine I can finally say I'm skinny good luck 2 u on ur journey

Thank you so much I hope my skin isnt that much....ima try my nest to burn that off