Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys I need your help!

So im 5 days post op and im beginning feel real weak!!!have you guys ever had a weak moment if so what did u do to help that feeling??? Ever since I had my swallow test I had a diarreah issue and im still having it...I think that although im drinking Fluid the diarreah is dehydrating me...what do you guys think!!?? I really ned your help when ibstand I feel like I might collapse

My guess would be diarrhea causing Water deficit as well. Contact your doctors. Don't let it go on too long.

Have you contacted your medical team? They are going to be your first, best spot for advice as they know your medical history and what your recent blood work looked like. That would be my first advice.

Are you meeting your liquid intake goals they set for you? How about Protein? What is your caloric intake?

To prevent dehydration and ending up in the ER, you need to be getting those liquids in. If Water isn't working for you, get some Gatorade or the like. Try different temperatures. Have a bottle with you all through the day. Set a timer on your phone for 15 minute intervals to help remind you. Find ways to ensure you are getting your liquid in.

Diarrhea is common post op as your body has no solids to process. This can suddenly change to Constipation, so be wary of this. Contact your medical team and follow their advice.

Drink some chicken broth, it has the sodium and electrolytes your body needs to combat the weakness. The same thing happened to me too, about day 6 post-op. Even better, if you can put some spinach leaves in the broth and let them steep for a few minutes, that would be even better.

Hang in There, it get's better!

NuMeNow :rolleyes:

Drink some chicken broth, it has the sodium and electrolytes your body needs to combat the weakness. The same thing happened to me too, about day 6 post-op. Even better, if you can put some spinach leaves in the broth and let them steep for a few minutes, that would be even better.

Hang in There, it get's better!

NuMeNow :rolleyes:

Thank you ao much I will try the broth....I habent gotten around to it right now im drinking a lean protien shake

Get a family member to go out right now and get some G2 Gatorade and drink it...It should make a difference..Do that for a few days and do contact your team....

I had the same problem and my hubby went right away and got some and it helped to the point that I did not have to go to the hospital...Drink some every day..A bottle is only 20 calories if you are concerned about that..

Over a year out and I am still drinking it 1/2 with Water..every day.....K

Have you contacted your medical team? They are going to be your first, best spot for advice as they know your medical history and what your recent blood work looked like. That would be my first advice.

Are you meeting your liquid intake goals they set for you? How about Protein? What is your caloric intake?

To prevent dehydration and ending up in the ER, you need to be getting those liquids in. If Water isn't working for you, get some Gatorade or the like. Try different temperatures. Have a bottle with you all through the day. Set a timer on your phone for 15 minute intervals to help remind you. Find ways to ensure you are getting your liquid in.

Diarrhea is common post op as your body has no solids to process. This can suddenly change to Constipation, so be wary of this. Contact your medical team and follow their advice.

I need to go over the instructions paper the doc gave me but I dont remember a specific caloric intake... yesterday all I got in was a cup of Water a little Vitamin water and a little lean shake....today I got in a cup of water and now im trying for the cup of protien lean shake im almost done....I called them they said they will give me a call back but havent yet..I guess when the nurse is free but how do u guys drink all throughout the day I tried yesterday and felt like I was gonna explode

Get a family member to go out right now and get some G2 Gatorade and drink it...It should make a difference..Do that for a few days and do contact your team....

I had the same problem and my hubby went right away and got some and it helped to the point that I did not have to go to the hospital...Drink some every day..A bottle is only 20 calories if you are concerned about that..

I will definitly do that....is Vitamin Water good??

I will definitly do that....is Vitamin Water good??

Concentrate on your electrolytes for now..K.. that is what your main issue is right now..Gatorade G2...sip, sip and sip..K

Yea I heard u im saying I dont have that right now all I have ia Vitamin water...so im asking if thats good I dont have anyone here to get me the g2

Yea I heard u im saying I dont have that right now all I have ia Vitamin Water...so im asking if thats good I dont have anyone here to get me the g2

Not trying to be bossy..motherly instinct you know sets in.....Yes if nothing else drink that as well...Does it say on the bottle anywhere that it helps with dehydration......Use it...Sure but find a way to get some G2 as soon as you can girl....If i were there I would get it for you.....sorry to be so pushy hun!

Get in your car and go getcha some electrolyte enhance fluids. Concentrate on water/drink before your shake. Hydration is NUMBER ONE priority.

Also, if your shake is milk based you may have a new found intolerance to it. Go slowly on things and kind of test things so you are aware of what your new stomach can handle

Back when I was struggling myself with electrolyte imbalance, I found pedialyte to be a good product to restore the electrolyte imbalance. There is a grape flavor in addition to a couple of flavors. You should be cable to find some at a drugstore like bartell drugs or walgreens. I have not seen it at standard grocery stores, but maybe that has changed.

Vitamin Water is ok it has electrolytes. it was hard to get the Fluid in the first few weeks but just set a reminder on your cell phone to drink every 15 min. At just 5 days out just drink something. Anything clear. whatever is in the fridge. My doctor actually said to me during our discharge discussion "carbs, calories, blah blah blah. worry about all that later... just get in your fluids." think about how plants look when they haven't had water. that's kinda like what your body goes through when it's not getting enough. good luck.

While you're waiting for the doc's office to call you back, work on hydrating.

Make sure you check in with your doc - he will be able to give you specific instructions on what you need to do. If they don't call you back, keep calling them.