Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Follow my Gastric Sleeve journey from Day 1 post op!

Dreamscometrue, great journaling!!!

Congrats on your WLS and success!! You're doing a great job and inspiring and motivating me the pre-op's and post-up's like me.

I'm 6 wks post-up and doing well, just not getting my walking/exercise in due to low back injury/pain.

WLS was 11/14/13 I'm 5'7

HW 266

SW 244

CW 236

GW 165

I'm losing inches but scale is not moving. I'm ok with my results though. Went from tight size 20 to lose size 16

I get all my Protein, Water and small meals in, but since I returned to work 2 wks ago I find myself not taking all my Vitamins. I have been feeling super tired and fatigued. I know it's got to be not taking all my Vitamins. Prior to my surgery I was very on Vitamin D my Endricologist had me on 50k mlg once a week.

Went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought all liquids of:

Multivitamin

Iron

Omega 3 w/vitamins D3

Calcium w/vitamin D

Vitamin D drops

Biotin 5000mlg dissolvable ny Natrol (tastes like cherry/grape) really good.

Tried to start taking all Thursday but haven't, can't stand the smell of vitamins especially Iron. Yuk!!

Look forward to reading your posts. Keep up the great job!! Love you enthusiasm and positive attitude. : )

Dreamscometrue, great journaling!!! Congrats on your WLS and success!! You're doing a great job and inspiring and motivating me the pre-op's and post-up's like me. I'm 6 wks post-up and doing well, just not getting my walking/exercise in due to low back injury/pain. WLS was 11/14/13 I'm 5'7 HW 266 SW 244 CW 236 GW 165 I'm losing inches but scale is not moving. I'm ok with my results though. Went from tight size 20 to lose size 16 I get all my Protein, Water and small meals in, but since I returned to work 2 wks ago I find myself not taking all my Vitamins. I have been feeling super tired and fatigued. I know it's got to be not taking all my vitamins. Prior to my surgery I was very on Vitamin D my Endricologist had me on 50k mlg once a week. Went to Vitamin Shoppe and bought all liquids of: Multivitamin Iron Omega 3 w/vitamins D3 Calcium w/vitamin D Vitamin D drops Biotin 5000mlg dissolvable ny Natrol (tastes like cherry/grape) really good. Tried to start taking all Thursday but haven't, can't stand the smell of vitamins especially iron. Yuk!! Look forward to reading your posts. Keep up the great job!! Love you enthusiasm and positive attitude. : )

Hi there!! Thank you so much for the encouragement! While I was reading your post, I had a huge smile on my face because I couldn't have written the vitamin part any better myself. I stopped taking my Multivitamins about 4 days ago because they made me feel so nauseous and sometimes I would throw up! I bought a vitamin case that separates them all out and then each morning I put my vitamins in a snack ziplock bag for the day. I've noticed on the days where I'm at home, I tend to get my vitamins all in, however if I have plans or work, I find myself looking at my little bag at 11:00pm and realizing I still have an iron, calcium chew, and stupid carafate to take. Did your surgeon prescribe you liquid Carafate for 4 times a day for the first 4 months? That stuff is BRUTAL and I find myself only taking it twice a day... Ooopsies! Also, what liquid multivitamin did you end up buying? Maybe I should try that!

Scorpion11 I am the same starting weight as you. Going to be sleeved Wednesday. I was thinking because our starting weight isn't that high that we would lose a lot slower than others. I know on my pre-op liquid only diet I have only lost 5 pounds! While others have lost 20 and we are eating the same things! It's frustrating.

Scorpion11 I am the same starting weight as you. Going to be sleeved Wednesday. I was thinking because our starting weight isn't that high that we would lose a lot slower than others. I know on my pre-op liquid only diet I have only lost 5 pounds! While others have lost 20 and we are eating the same things! It's frustrating.

My start weight was 215 and I thought the same thing yes we do loose slower but we will loose I am now 9months post op and below my goal weight (149 pounds)I wanted 2 get down 2 155pounds my doc said I will get down 2 135pounds I don't wanna b that small good luck 2 u on our journey I'm gonna try 2 put a b4 and after pic up

Start weight 215 current weight 149<br><br> <br><br><br><br>

You look awesome! I am same start weight as you guys too. I am planning on it taking a while but hopefully that will help my head along with the process. The faster it goes could result in old habits coming back. I can hardly get in my 40 oz of liquid yet was feeding my kids Breakfast, lunch, dinner and Snacks all day and was day dreaming about a handful of cheese-it's or a bite of their pizza or chicken....got lots to work on from now to forever!

Thanks for the inspiration, can't wait to be 150!!!! ????????????

You look awesome! I am same start weight as you guys too. I am planning on it taking a while but hopefully that will help my head along with the process. The faster it goes could result in old habits coming back. I can hardly get in my 40 oz of liquid yet was feeding my kids Breakfast, lunch, dinner and Snacks all day and was day dreaming about a handful of cheese-it's or a bite of their pizza or chicken....got lots to work on from now to forever!

Thanks for the inspiration, can't wait to be 150!!!! ?de04?de04?de04

It will get better n time my whole FAM is eating healthier now helps with the temptations good luck

Hi there!! Thank you so much for the encouragement! While I was reading your post, I had a huge smile on my face because I couldn't have written the Vitamin part any better myself. I stopped taking my Multivitamins about 4 days ago because they made me feel so nauseous and sometimes I would throw up! I bought a Vitamin case that separates them all out and then each morning I put my Vitamins in a snack ziplock bag for the day. I've noticed on the days where I'm at home, I tend to get my Vitamins all in, however if I have plans or work, I find myself looking at my little bag at 11:00pm and realizing I still have an Iron, Calcium chew, and stupid carafate to take. Did your surgeon prescribe you liquid Carafate for 4 times a day for the first 4 months? That stuff is BRUTAL and I find myself only taking it twice a day... Ooopsies! Also, what liquid Multivitamin did you end up buying? Maybe I should try that!

-------------------------------------------

It's by Natures Way

called Alive! Whole food energizer

I bought a large one 30 fl oz as it was on sale for $20.00 and the sales person told me he drinks that one daily and he really liked it and feels good.

You take 1 Fluid once(30ml) shot daily.

It's a citrus flavor( but I still say yuk! But not too bad) and vegetarian(I'm not a vegetarian either)

It's all fruit, veggies, and green foods

I woke up feeling tired and with headache but made it my goal to get all my vitamins in today. I took all my vitamins and honestly feel so much better this even.

I have to admit when I was at the Vitamin Shoppe I felt overwhelmed with so many options to chose from, but told the fella what I needed and what for.

My favorite one is the Omega w/vitamin D3 I thought would leave a fishy flavor but on contrary tasted like lemon and left a nice lemony flavor.

My Calcium w/D3 also tasted citrusy and good.

One thing I didn't care to learn was we cannot return if open, but if we must return unopened we get store credit, unlike GNC they allow us to return opened.

Hope this helps : )

-------------------------------

Hi Amanda, best wishes on your WLS Wednesday. In my thoughts and prayers.

You have a very good point. I hadn't thought about that, my bmi was 42, just barely met the requirements.

Start weight 215 current weight 149

-----------------------------

Hi liltoy, wow!! Congrats on your successful weight loss and sharing your photos, you look fabulous. I'm happy to hear I have similarities with you and Amanda!

Can I ask how much daily or weekly exercise you were able to get in your schedule? I sue hope I can lose weight like you without being able to be so physically active, but praying I will be able to in time.

-----------------------------

Hi liltoy, wow!! Congrats on your successful weight loss and sharing your photos, you look fabulous. I'm happy to hear I have similarities with you and Amanda!

Can I ask how much daily or weekly exercise you were able to get in your schedule? I sue hope I can lose weight like you without being able to be so physically active, but praying I will be able to in time.

I was walking 4 to 5 times a week when its was nice outside but now its 2 cold but the weight is still coming off I didn't want 2 start off doing 2 much & couldn't keep up with it because of my back injuries & also I have a very sweet tooth when I'm bout 2 start my monthly I think u will do great did u have ur surgery yet? If so when

Doc office just called my stress test came back normal. I have my endoscopy on Monday and then I have a support group to go to. And then that's it. I guess I meet with my surgeon, is that what I suppose to expect next? After this do they submit to the insurance. I am so close I am nervous, scared I might fail. Dreamscometrue haven't heard from u. Hope all is well not just with u but all the sleevers out there.

Doc office just called my stress test came back normal. I have my endoscopy on Monday and then I have a support group to go to. And then that's it. I guess I meet with my surgeon, is that what I suppose to expect next? After this do they submit to the insurance. I am so close I am nervous, scared I might fail. Dreamscometrue haven't heard from u. Hope all is well not just with u but all the sleevers out there.

Yes, I'm still here! Things are going well! :) I think a lot of people were not realizing that they are posting here on my personal journal to talk to other people instead of one of the forums so I wasn't saying much haha. You're surgeon's office is taking a long time to have all of your tests run... Mine were all in one day and then those took a week to get back the results and that's when my surgeon's office submitted to my insurance for approval. From that point, it took 3 days and I was approved but the stupid lady at the dr office that's in charge of insurance took forever. A few weeks later I got my surgery date.

Well I have to be honest I was the one who spread it out. Because while doing my tests I was still figuring out if I am making the right decision. Also my office said they can give me accomodation to do the surgery but I am working towards FMLA which starts in march cuz I don't want to lose my job. Which is why it appears to be taking so long. My blood test showed h pylori so after doing my endoscopy on Monday within a fee days I should know if I am positive. If I am I will be on medication which by then may cuz me to end up in march.

Hi guys! I haven't been on my journal here in a few days, but I definitely still get on my app and read Current Threads. I know this has been commented on several times on threads, but now being a month post op (on Tuesday), I've noticed more and more how the majority of the people using this app are still Pre-Op. It's weird, most people tend to disappear once they've had their surgery. I can see that they probably don't want the surgery to rule their life like their weight has for so many years so maybe they branch out?? Anyway, this week has been extremely rough. My district manager (direct boss) that I had such a great relationship passed away suddenly in his sleep while in a hotel room out of state. He was 40 years old and healthy. Those types of things shake you to the core. No rhyme or reason and sometimes life just doesn't make sense. The reason why I'm bringing this up is because this is the first time since the surgery that I've been faced with EXTREME STRESS AND SADNESS. Typically, those two things would cause me to spin out of control eating every fattening thing in sight. Emotional eating at it's finest. This is where the sleeve has really come in handy. Again, it kind of just goes back to the "your sleeve is a tool, not your magic pill" statement. It kept me from eating carbs, fried food, and sugar (in fear of throwing them up). I definitely thought about it though.... Anyway, I digress. On the weight loss front, I officially hit the 30 lbs lost mark as of yesterday! I've dropped one jean size (tight 20 to a perfect 18 fit) so I just ran to Target and bought a cute pair on clearance for $13.00! I'm almost tempted to go buy the 16's while they still have them since they are so cheap! Well, that's about it... 2014 has started out rough but I know that there are good things to come! :)