Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Follow my Gastric Sleeve journey from Day 1 post op!

Tomorrow is the day! I'm very excited and not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be. I have my bag all packed and everything I need. Picking up my scripts from the pharmacy today so they'll already be at home when I get there. YAY!!!

Tomorrow is the day! I'm very excited and not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be. I have my bag all packed and everything I need. Picking up my scripts from the pharmacy today so they'll already be at home when I get there. YAY!!!

That's so exciting!!! I hope you get more sleep than I did the night before! No need to be nervous, everything will be just fine! Picking up your prescriptions ahead of time is so smart! I didn't get mine handed to me until after and it was kinda a pain. You'll be on the other side before you know it!

Hi dreamscometrue how was your new year. Did u drink? How is the sleeve so far? I reply on your experience to have an idea as to what to expect. Happy new year to all sleevers. :-)

Hello there! Haha, definitely ZERO alcohol! That would be a horrible idea, as I'm only 2 weeks out! I drank Crystal Lite at a NYE party we went to and nobody even said a word. There were a lot of yummy Desserts and I didn't even take a single bite of anything. I still had fun though and I really didn't have a desire to drink or eat any of the food. We ate dinner at home before we went and I felt satisfied! :) Thanks for asking and yes, Happy New Year to all! Here's to 2014!

Hi I was sleeved on Dec.16, when do you start eating regular foods, and does ur stomach hurt like a knot when you swallow? I'm on the puréed stage

Hi butterfly....HNY!!!! I was sleeved on the 18th. I've been eating soft foods since yesterday. It doesn't hurt when I swallow but it will hurt if you don't chew good and eat a little at a time. Make sure you follow your NUTs plan as many plans differ.

Hey girl congrats on your new journey and yes all those symptoms are likely to show up but pain is very rare bloating is common because they use a gas to separate your organs while your undergoing ! But if nuasia does occur you can maybe call your surgeon and they can prescribe zofran works great ! And yes the liquid Soups are annoying at the begging because you aren't even hungry ! Hopes all well

Edited by jary

Hi I was sleeved on Dec.16, when do you start eating regular foods, and does ur stomach hurt like a knot when you swallow? I'm on the puréed stage

Hi there :) I was sleeved on the 17th and I'm assuming you were asking me about this since it's on my journal so I thought I would share my two cents! I'm on a full liquid diet (though the list they gave me has a lot of puréed foods), but I have taken small bites of a few items - ahi tuna, shrimp, and juicy turkey and they have gone down just fine. I think if your stomach is hurting, it sounds like you need to chew more before swallowing. Obviously, everybody handles food differently, but I know what feeling you are talking about and it's when I'm taking bites too quickly or not chewing enough. I hope this helps!

I had my surgery yesterday and Water and a little Jello is literally all I can get down without pain. I'm thinking this is pretty normal because of my stomach still being swollen, right?

I had my surgery yesterday and Water and a little Jello is literally all I can get down without pain. I'm thinking this is pretty normal because of my stomach still being swollen, right?

Right

@dreamscometrue,,,thank you so much for sharing your story. I was sleeved on the 18th and haven't encountered very many issues at all. I am on the full liquid stage as well. I have been having problems with milk products, including pudding, I switched to nectar brand Protein supplements which helped. Just wondering how you are feeling at this point now that you have returned to work?

@dreamscometrue,,,thank you so much for sharing your story. I was sleeved on the 18th and haven't encountered very many issues at all. I am on the full liquid stage as well. I have been having problems with milk products, including pudding, I switched to nectar brand Protein supplements which helped. Just wondering how you are feeling at this point now that you have returned to work?

Hey there! I'm so glad to hear you haven't really had any issues so far! It's funny you should say that about dairy... I've read that a lot of people become lactose intolerant AFTER surgery or have a lot of sensitivity to dairy. I haven't encountered that yet thankfully. I'm feeling great back to work and haven't had any pain or anything getting in and out of the car. I will say that yesterday, I got off the couch and got the SHARPEST PAIN EVER on my lower right side of my abdomen and I kind of freaked out. I got on here and saw a lot of people have had that about two weeks out and their doctors said they popped an internal stitch and to call if it continues. I took a half of a pain pill and still went out and walked 2.5 miles and felt fine doing that. Today, no pain at all. Not sure what exactly was going on yesterday!

I didn't like milk products before surgery so not sure if that had anything to do with it. I haven't had pain meds since about 8 days out, because I didn't want issues with Constipation and honestly the only real issue I have had a little soreness on the lower right abdomen. I noticed that you didn't have any health issues before surgery. That's a blessing. I did, but they have since been resolved. I took 6 weeks off from work because I am a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts and lifting is a part of my job. I also wanted to be out if the liquid stage when I went back to work. My husband, who was totally against me having the surgery, has been more supportive than ever. I am so thankful to everyone for the advice and tips. I came across this website back in Aug. and I am just starting to post today.

Hi. I just joined today. I am 4 days post op. My surgeon says I should be getting in at least 40 oz or liquid including Protein. That seems impossible. I have terrible cramps and it hurts going down. I have tried changing the temps and warm is def easier but it's just so hard. I also can't to the g2 everything tastes so sweet to me. I an nervous about dehydration and having a really hard time. Advise?