Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rhode Island?

Anyone in Rhode Island close to Newport? I'm pre op--one test left to do.

Hi Coventry!

I have Dr Pohl too. Love him! Are you pre or post op?

Hi I'm in RI too and have dr Giovanni. Surgery is scheduled for feb 12. I feel kind of lost as far as good shakes and supplements. Any advice on where to shop? My nut said my pdm shakes from herbalife were fine but I see so many other options out there

Hi Mack

There are two places I have heard of for shakes--Faunce Corner Nutrition in north Dartmouth and a place in Providence. College Hill area. Not sure of the name. You can also try GNC, Walmart, BJs (premier protein). I am currently waiting to heat from the insurance. Taking forever!!!

Hi Nancy. I've been debating going up to faunce corner. It's so far and I'd have to bring my toddler. I think I need to get some samples from somewhere in case I can't stomach the herbalife. Plus they are a pain I'd rather have something on hand to just grab if I feel crummy post op. Have you heard about any good ones?

Massachusettss here but I also have dr pohl! Feb 21st

I have heard a good grab and go is Premier Protein. I think you get it at BJs or possibly Walmart. I have done the GNC Total Lean Meal Replacements shakes. They are ok. I usually add sugar free flavored syrups to them.

DAdrianna--do you know how far out Dr. P. Is scheduling surgery?

It was about 5 weeks for me. Saw him on January 16th and he told me start liquid diet cause he thought he was at about 3 weeks , but then they called next day and said February 21st.. So much for a TWO week preop!! I'm ready to chew someone's arm off after the first 3 weeks of it and I still have to wait 17 more days ahhhh

Aww man. That sucks! I was hoping more like 2. I'm so worn out from wait then wait then wait some more! So right now you are still

Doing liquid? Just shakes?

It feels like I am looking at March. I was so hoping Feb.

It's 3 shakes and a lean cuisine or smart one .. No milk juice soda coffee just Water and shakes to drink

Hi There, just noticed this thread and thought I would chime in. I live in Massachusetts, on the RI line. Sleeved on 12/23 @ UMass Memorial in Worcester.

On the ready to drink shakes, I have tried a lot of them, I settled on Premier Protein, available at Sam's Club or BJ's. They come in chocolate and vanilla and have 30 grams of Protein. I also use Atkins RTD. I buy them at Walmart. They average 15 grams of protein.

You can also make your own. Just need a good blender. For whey Protein powder, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is great quality and available at unjury.com. chocolate Splendor, French vanilla, strawberry Sorbet or unflavored. I enjoy them all.

Good luck with your pre op diet. I did not have to do one because my insurance required a six month managed plan. I can tell you that it is great practice for the discipline you'll need after surgery, especially while on the liquid phase.

I'm in ma on the line . Attleboro .. I love the Unjury powders and a few of the Syntrax Nectar . I don't like the thick milky vanilla or chocolate types ! The fruit juice ones are my go to

Forgot to mention Syntrax. These are really good because you can mix with Water. Fuzzy Navel is great! I also just bought a coffee flavored Protein from Chike. I will have to let you know how it goes.

Thank you for all of the shake ideas! I'm going to have to check some out. Right now I love the really thick shakes because I try to convince myself I'm drinking a milkshake and am full. I really hope this changes after surgery :). I'm not going to lie I am so close to falling off the wagon on my preop diet right now. I'm tired, hungry, miserable and hungry. I just want a piece of freaking toast :( I don't know why this isn't getting easier