Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet pepsi was the hardest food to quit. I will still drink a very flat one from time to time.

Mine was coffee. I am a Starbucks junkie and, right after my information session, I quit coffee cold turkey. Doc said I can reintroduce Decaf after 3 months...I can live with that. It's often just the social end of getting a coffee and shopping, pedi, work, etc. but sometimes when it's cold (like today, -15), I could go for a decaf skinny mocha!

Mine was coffee. I am a Starbucks junkie and, right after my information session, I quit coffee cold turkey. Doc said I can reintroduce Decaf after 3 months...I can live with that. It's often just the social end of getting a coffee and shopping, pedi, work, etc. but sometimes when it's cold (like today, -15), I could go for a decaf skinny mocha!

I waited six months before I tried coffee again. And you know what? I can take it or leave it now. Sometimes I drink most of it, sometimes not. A couple times I made a cup, took a sip, then dumped it down the drain. --I'm not hooked anymore. :-)

It's a shame, but I have actually gained weight since I found out I will be having the procedure. I want to "get it in" before I can no longer have it. The holiday season being upon us does not help. I ordered an awesome blender and am waiting for it to arrive so I can begin so different receipes and regimens.

It's a shame, but I have actually gained weight since I found out I will be having the procedure. I want to "get it in" before I can no longer have it. The holiday season being upon us does not help. I ordered an awesome blender and am waiting for it to arrive so I can begin so different receipes and regimens.

I'm in the same boat. I've never been so obsessed with food before this. I haven't been able to adhere to the three week pre op diet yet either. I'm a week behind. Tomorrow is my do or die date!

I have been gaining a couple lbs here and there and like so many... Trying to get in whatever I can before we have the surgeries.... Then there are times where I don't even want to eat. I have become obsessed with the food and calorie counting too! It's crazy. If I had done this all along, I wouldn't be in this boat to begin with! Lol

I really really REALLY wish they talked about mourning food in my pre-op appointments. We talked healthy foods, lifestyle change, etc, but no one mentioned ANYTHING about how lost I'd be when I realized post-op that I'd lost my best friend and #1 source of comfort....that was tough when it hit. Plus I thought I was crazy :P some warning would have been dandy!!! :D

I really really REALLY wish they talked about mourning food in my pre-op appointments. We talked healthy foods, lifestyle change, etc, but no one mentioned ANYTHING about how lost I'd be when I realized post-op that I'd lost my best friend and #1 source of comfort....that was tough when it hit. Plus I thought I was crazy :P some warning would have been dandy!!! :D

You are a total hoot. I love to read ur posts! I'm glad u mentioned this tho. I don't know how I am going to do losing my comfort!! (And best friend) lol

You are a total hoot. I love to read ur posts! I'm glad u mentioned this tho. I don't know how I am going to do losing my comfort!! (And best friend) lol

:). Start figuring out now what you're going to do the first time you're upset, the first time, you're stress edit, the first time work sucks or you have a tiff with your significant other...have someone to talk to...I think just being aware that it may happen puts you a step ahead of where I was. Also, I hadn't found this forum at that point....come here and rant and rave all you want. We totally understand. Having someone that understands is priceless. My surgery was the week before Christmas (my band surgery), I was single, with a 5 year old son. A week post-op my tummy woke up and I was starving (another fact not mentioned pre-op). To suddenly be starving a week post-op threw me for an emotional loop. I went into an emotional tizzy of 'oh my god I'm going to fail!!!!'and the first thing I wanted to do was eat for comfort...but I couldn't...and I had no one to talk to.... About 4 days into my spiral into disparity I googled 'post lap band and starving' and lo! The clouds parted and lap-band talk appeared before me. And suddenly I had dozens of people going through the exact same thing at the exact same moment and my world was instantly better. Part of my panic was feeling like is never be able to eat normal food again. I now know that ain't so and I can eat anything in moderation. I can go out with the family to Celebrate, I can go on a date and eat normal food. I now know that food can still be a part of my life...it's just not the focus of my life. I can still enjoy it with family and friends, I just can't let it consume me. Food and I are now healthy friends instead of the weird dependency I used to have with it. You'll do great!! You have us :). How can you not do great when you have us?!?!?

I used to love love loooove sweets before my RNY!!! Now 9 months post op I don't crave them a bit, the smell of candy bars actually makes me feel sick!!! I tried I've cream twice and after 2 small bites of no sugar added I felt horrible and it tasted gross!!! So yes tastes change.

Do you feel that is due to negative physical reaction you had to trying to eat sweets or do you feel your tastes actually changed?

Do you feel that is due to negative physical reaction you had to trying to eat sweets or do you feel your tastes actually changed?

Wild grits,

I totally just love ur signature! That's very creative and shows all ur progress. I love that! :) very cool. :)

Your taste actually changes. Here is an article that describes it.

http://www.hazletonhealthandwellness.org/news-and-events/press-releases/change-of-smell-or-taste-after-bariatric-surgery.html

Two days before surgery for me and I have to say I'm scared. I am definitely wondering if I can do this. I have not stuck to my pre-op diet 100% of the time. I can get through it in the morning and lunch. Its in the late evening when I get home that I flounder. That is when I feel stress after I think about the day or when I'm not as busy so I start to think about what I "want" not need to eat. I have a journal sitting right next to me, but I have to make a conscious effort to write in it instead of giving in to my desires. I am depending on the band making it so I cannot eat and therefore the desire will go away. We shall see.

<p>Two days before surgery for me and I have to say I'm scared. I am definitely wondering if I can do this. I have not stuck to my pre-op diet 100% of the time. I can get through it in the morning and lunch. Its in the late evening when I get home that I flounder. That is when I feel stress after I think about the day or when I'm not as busy so I start to think about what I "want" not need to eat. I have a journal sitting right next to me, but I have to make a conscious effort to write in it instead of giving in to my desires. I am depending on the band making it so I cannot eat and therefore the desire will go away. We shall see.</p>

I have surgery Monday too BlueTurtle! I am nervous also. I think that has to be pretty normal. The two week diet has been no fun! I feel like I am starving. The shakes actually fill me up but I want good food! I dreamed about steak one night. LOL! So yes, since I am actually not that hungry I am realizing it is head hunger more than actual hunger. Guess that is something we are going to have to get used to huh. Evening and weekends has been my worst time also. At work I tend to forget about food since I am pretty busy. Good luck on your surgery! Make sure you check in and let everyone know how you are doing!