Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I went to the doctor for my first consultation. I am scheduled with a nutritionist for next week. Now I am obsessed more with food than ever before. It's like I know I have to give it up so I am eating everything I can before that happens. It's like I am grieving the loss of food. Has anyone else had this experience.

I had the same problem before my RNY October 15, 2013. I had to go on a two week liquid diet before surgery and prior to October 1, I said good-bye to all my favorites. I've also read that many other people on this site do the same thing. You are normal.

They are called food funerals, saying good bye to old friends. The irony is that eventually you will be able to have many of them again, but won't be interested in them. Your tastes change after surgery and you also often find you are no longer tempted by old favorites because you've made up your mind you want thin even more.

I am a coke-aholic. I am trying to cut it out but am having such a hard time. I am hoping once I have surgery I won't crave it. Was anyone else a soda addict and did thos cravings go away after surgery. I know once I have the surgery, no matter how much I crave, I will not give in but I just hope it's easier to fight.

Yep pretty normal. A lot of folks tell also (I'm guilty as well) about the "last supper" before the liquid diet. Life does change but you would be surprised how you learn to adapt. I can now eat some of the old things I use to but I usually don't want too. The few things I can tho and just feel like I would love I simply take a bite enough to satisfy my brain and I'm good. Before there would never have been a way of ever being able to stop. Your tastes do change a lot. The intense cravings aren't there for me anymore which is very helpful.

It's a shame, but I have actually gained weight since I found out I will be having the procedure. I want to "get it in" before I can no longer have it. The holiday season being upon us does not help. I ordered an awesome blender and am waiting for it to arrive so I can begin so different receipes and regimens.

I am a coke-aholic. I am trying to cut it out but am having such a hard time. I am hoping once I have surgery I won't crave it. Was anyone else a soda addict and did thos cravings go away after surgery. I know once I have the surgery, no matter how much I crave, I will not give in but I just hope it's easier to fight.

I am (was) a soda junkie and drank diet soda up until my surgery in July. Since the surgery I have not craved soda at all. I tasted my son's soda and it didn't even taste good to me at all. I hope it stays this way for me.

Diet pepsi addict here...like 7 cans a day! I cut out 1 can every 4 days until I finally quit. It was hard, but now I don't miss it.

I had been a diet soda fanatic. Several a day. I decided to quit right after I started this journey in October. My first week was the worst because I was having caffeine withdrawals. Since then I've had maybe six sodas. I have one when I really need caffeine. I can't drink coffee because I need flavored Creamer or sugar and I'm really trying not to add extra sugar to my life. (Not going so well right now, tons of baking going on at our house.) I switched from soda to Water with slices of lemon. Just keep trying. You can do it.

I found that I had gained weight at my last appt. (#4). I am trying to be easy on myself since I quit smoking and drinking beer since starting this journey. I am experimenting with low sugar adult beverages and cutting out most carbs. It's been pretty hard especially with holiday sweets and traditional tamales at work and at home! I am using myfitnesspal and just trying to make positive changes everyday- it's not perfect, but it's better than where I was before my first appt.

I am a Pepsi junkie! It is worse than a drug addiction to some people. For me it has been an uber uphill fight! Tho I am winning, I swapped it for tea. Now I'm weaning the sugar outta my tea. Being raised in Jackson Tennessee.... We are accustomed to drinking super sweet tea. So far I have got my sugar down from 2cups/gal of tea to one and 1/4cups. Each pitcher I am adding 1/4 cup less. By the time that pitcher is gone, I don't even notice the taste difference! It's kinda nice. I read that substituting artificial sweeteners was bad for our diet, so I'm trying to avoid them all together. (Besides that sweet n low crapola is just freakin nasty!)

I forgot to mention, a 24 pk of Pepsi, lasted me 3-4 days MAX! Lol that's an addict!

They are called food funerals, saying good bye to old friends. The irony is that eventually you will be able to have many of them again, but won't be interested in them. Your tastes change after surgery and you also often find you are no longer tempted by old favorites because you've made up your mind you want thin even more.

I hope this is true!!

I used to love love loooove sweets before my RNY!!! Now 9 months post op I don't crave them a bit, the smell of candy bars actually makes me feel sick!!! I tried I've cream twice and after 2 small bites of no sugar added I felt horrible and it tasted gross!!! So yes tastes change.

I think my problem is going to be missing my lemonade, Pepsi, and chips! All things that got me where I am!