Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cost of fills...

Mine are also 250 with Fluor.

I emailed the insurance woman yesterday, but haven't heard back. I also asked her to reiterate what the $1,500 up front fee was for. The way I see it now, it was for nothing…..money down the toidy.

I would like to have it done under Fluor but the pa only does it with Water. My co pay is 40.00 but wouldn't mind paying more for better fill.

I had an appointment with my dr today and asked them how much their fills cost out of curiosity. It's $100 at my office. I didn't ask about the fluoro fill though.

Edited by Awhitmire

Up to ten per year were included in the cost of my band. (For life). The first fill is done by the surgeon and the others are at the bariatric center with a nurse practitioner.

my fills are done without fleuro and run about 115 dollars after insurance. I find this to be an ok rate especially now that my band is almost at the right fill level. My bariatric nurse does my fills and although i love my surgeon dearly i think she is awesome and truly is my preference for fills. :) Everyones different

All my fills are paid for by French National Health--which means I have paid for it with my taxes--and done in a radiologist's office with fluoroscope. But I do see what the office bills the National Health agency, and it is 315 euros.

I have to supply the barium, however, and that is out of pocket--about 10 euros/bottle.

My doctor charges $300 a visit and my copay is $30 each visit.

I see we are all different. My fills were only covered for 3 months after surgery. I pay a deductible now, $30. I don't know what my insurance is charged.My PA uses fluoro every time and I'm happy to say that on my third fill I've found my "sweet spot". They may have been a bit aggressive with my fills. I have 8.5cc's in my 14cc band. Just wanted to share that sometimes it doesn't take that many fills to get you where you need to be. I know I'll need maintenance as I'm still scheduled to see the Dr. once a month. :) Happy Holidays everyone!!

My fills cost me 80.00 per fill. I feel pretty good about that price...I think 250.00 is crazy for a fill.

so far i haven't had to pay anything for a fill as i hit the max out of pocket for the year but that soon comes to an end. i have noticed that the insurance is billed for $600 with a neg rate of $245 which would be my portion as i have the high deductible... the cash payment is $75.. so when i asked them about switching to cash pay i was told they are not supposed to do that WTF... but i could talk to them in Jan and they would see what then can do.. i'm no where near the green zone so many hidden costs associated with WLS :(

I pay a $25 co pay and then I end up with a bill for $75 later on. BUT...my doctors office just changed and if you are doing nothing more than getting a fill you don't have to pay the copay...but if you are just there for a check up and to talk then you have to pay your copay which seems like its reversed but IDK. I was told before the cost was $50 for a fill so I think I am being over charged because I have insurance. I forgot to ask at my last appointment. Maybe I will remember next time...haha