Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2014 Surgeries?

2cute, I am sorry to hear about your tough time. I wish you a speedy pain free recovery from here on out

Surgery tomorrow can't wait excited nervous scared a ton of emotions today I can't wait to be able to run with my kids and just be me again

So, update for me: had surgery at 1240 on 01/16, it took approximately 4.5 hours due to excess scar tissue. Came out and my heart rate shot up to 170's. Dr eventually called two rapid responses one of which turned into a code blue. Apparently, I was having a anaphylactic reaction to Dilaudid and needed to be intubated and bagged. Now I have a GI Bleed. I spent Thursday through Sunday night in the ICU. <br><br> At this point, I am regretting this surgery. I hesitated to tell everyone my surgery story because I didn't want to deter anyone from following your passions. My situation was rare but yes, it did happen. Perhaps, one of these days when the unrelenting pain subsides, I can look back and be optimistic on my thinner future, but as of right now, I do have regrets.<br><br> I don't want to be a Debbie downer, because for some of us, it's our only chance at happiness and a healthy life. But just listen to your body. I wish everyone many thoughts and prayers of a speedy recovery.

My family and I have put you in our prayers. I hope for a quick long lasting recovery.

Good luck Kimy!

Good luck Kimy!

Thank you

Hi everyone I will be having Revision Lap Band to Sleeve due to me having so many complications with the band this is the 2 time my band slipped so we came up with this decision I will be going in Monday Jan 27th pray for me everyone hopefully it works our better this time hopefully for life.

Edited by gevonia

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight. ..... I don't feel nervous or scared just wondering. ..... anyone else having surgery tomorrow???

<p>I am going to have a hiatal hernia repaired when I get my RnY next Thurs, Jan 16th. I am very axnious about the hernia, fearful it will cause pain and bleeding that will frighten me.<br><br> I want to have the hiatal hernia repaired but I wish the operations weren't combined, even tho I know it makes total sense to do them together.<br><br> Anxiety.<br><br> I have a gerat case manager nurse who has been pleasant all along but in the past couple weeks, she has stood out, really greatly. I just have to say "anxiety" and she listens kindly, patiently and tells me 'everyone goes through this." Do they? Like my doc had forgotten she told me in Oct that I needed a hiatal hernia and it was not on the schedule for nxt week. I brought it up cause I have questions -- I don't quite understand what it is -- but when I described to my doc what happens to me sometimes, she rushed to her office to get the rest of my file, to see my endocoscopy results and she said "good thing you caught it, you definitely need the repair, I'll have the scheduling put it on." Then I checked with my case manager later to see that it was added. . . but I am anxious that the doc had overlooked it. If I hadn't brought it up at the pre-op, I would not have gotten the repair. So then I anxiously wonder: can I trust my surgeon who forgot my hernia? She was the one who saw it in the endoscopy -- I can't see that. I knew something was wrong cause something happens. . . .. . .it's gross so I won't describe it . . .<br><br> Nurse manager says it's normal jitters. Is it?</p>

She would've seen it when she started the case and it would have been fixed either way. Sometimes they forget the little stuff because they know they will see it when checking around and can just fix it then. I know because I am a certified surgical tech which means I work hand in hand with surgeons during procedures. They always look around. But forgetting to add that to the pre-op paperwork is completely normal. Good luck with your surgery.

I am excited my surgery is 1/29/14.

My surgery is on Monday January 27th and I can't wait! 3 long months of pre-op req's are over!

I am feeling really blessed right now.

Everyone will do great! Being nervous is normal but you can do this!

Just found out I'm approved I hope my date gets pushed up from 1/29.

My date is tomorrow January 29 too. Are we nervous or what! In Oklahoma City and don't know if I can wait. It is hard to wait. Big decision to have the sleeve. It's a life changer.

Surgery went well on Thursday, came home last night. I have been walking and drinking tons of Water. Pretty uncomfortable is the gas pain, I am hoping that begins to subside today.

I tried to swallow my Vitamins today for the first time. I cut them in half at home and stuck them in my purse to take at my sons swimming lesson. Oh my word they got stuck good and proper! What pain!! I thought I would puke and pass out at the same time:(! I tried walking around no luck then I stuck my finger down my throat and only a bit came up but at least I started feeling a bit better! I will definitely continue grinding them up for a few weeks yet!! Damn horse pills! I just wanna sleep now but I still have along drive once swimming is done!