Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I absoluelty love hearing everyones success stories..but im curious about those who were 350+ when they decided to get their sleeve. My current weight is 350, and although id welcome any weight loss at this point, my concern is that I could lose 150 pounds and STILL be overweight. I understand that no two stories are the same and that its my responsibility to facilitate my weight loss but lets face it-when making the decision to get the sleeve its nice to find the success stories that are relevant to your situation. So where are you all at?! Id love to hear about how the sleeve worked for you!

Bump. I to would love to read success stories.

hey there......i am not a sleever but i do have the band and plication but wanted to respond to your post..hope you dont mind.

i have lost nearly 150 pounds and am still considered morbid obese..my starting weight was 336 and my bmi was 62....i was as wide as i am tall.....from size 30 pants (yikes) to a now size 14/16..

i guess us higher BMI people just have alittle farther to go then some not so large...we can lose a little faster but all in all, we will get to our goal...just hang in there..dont let the big number get to you..

I started at 423 and am now 320. By any measure still BIG, but my labs and medical status is good and are getting better.

I look better, I feel better.

HEY, don't worry about how long the journey. NO journey is too long as long as you do not stop!

Started at 384 and had surgery on 10/21 and a short 7 weeks later I'm 329...it's been so easy I wish I could have done this years ago

I was sleeved April 2013 at 372lbs. Now down 160lbs and weight loss is still going strong. Best decision of my life!

I'm a tall guy (6'3"). I was 367 at surgery (almost a year ago) and have lost 192 lbs -- putting me at 175 for the past few weeks.

I'm curious about your height? I'm barely 5'4" and started 2013 close to 350 - I find that as a short person I have a harder time losing weight BUT as a very heavy person I lost a lot of weight initially after surgery. Since then, things have evened out. I look for 1 to 2 pounds of weight loss per week. It's slow going but still a loss and I'm loving it.

As for my long-term goal, I already know that with my height I'd have to lose an incredible amount of weight to ever be in the "normal" range so that is not my goal. I like the number 199 because it's below 200 and for me, any weight between 170 and 199 and I really do look like a normal weight person. I don't know if you can relate to this, but I've always been bigger, even at 135 (sigh, those were the days) or 170. It's just the way I'm built. These days, I'm striving to lose the weight for my personal goals and my health/longevity, not for a medical chart in a doc's office or a particular BMI. If that means still being tagged as obese (and eventually "overweight"), I will shrug that off because those charts have never really applied to me. :) Besides, to be in the overweight category instead of (super) (morbidly) obese will be a major victory for me. To weigh 199 or less after a highest weight a few years back of 357 will be an enormous win. The sleeve has been the best decision I've made for myself!

Edited by Shells_Almost_There

I started at 459lbs at surgery I weighed in at 384. Today starting my 8th week pos op I'm 335. I'm off my 2 blood pressure meds that I've been on for over 8 years. I'm walking 4 miles a day (which just 8 months ago I would have looked at you crazy if you suggested I walk 1 short block!). I have another 126 lbs to hit my goal weight of 210. My surgeon says I should shoot for a goal between 230 & 260 lbs, but HELL NO 210 is my goal.

I started at 410. Sleeved 09.27.2013. I'm 338 now. Down 72 pounds. I love my sleeve!

I was about 380 lbs when I decided to do this. Sleeved 2 1/2 weeks ago and down to 345. I will probably never be considered "normal" on the BMI charts, but all the potential health complications from being 350+ will be GREATLY reduced.

I was not 350+ pounds but I did weigh 313 on my surgery day. I am not tall (5'6"), not young (mid fifties), and post-menopausal. Together with being female, having at least 150 pounds to lose and I could not have had a less promising combination of details. Still, as you can see from my ticker, I am 55 pounds down and feeling great. I am hopeful that I am not yet done with my weight loss journey. There are so many success stories from folks of all different sizes and histories. You will do well. I am sure of it. Good luck.

Six months into things and I've lost over 110lbs...just recently started weighing under 350. Still need to lose over 150 lbs more myself, but I have faith that this new lifestyle (and being sleeved creates a new lifestyle whether you want it or not) is going to be the ticket to a healthy me and a long retirement (which can't come too soon)... I have more energy, I can do things I couldn't even dream of when I weighed 450 lbs or more. This has been the best decission I've made in decades.

Thanks for all the information guys! Its good to be reminded that its possible to not be stuck at this weight forever... How about some pictures! Id love to see the transformations!