Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I was sleeved on Dec 4th (yay!) and keep reading that I shouldn't feel hunger...but I do? Anyone else feel hunger?

You know, many of us do. I felt hunger starting day 3. The difference is that when I feel hungry is when my body genuinely needs nourishment, it's not head hunger, and once I eat a little bit, the hunger is gone.

Very different from the old days where I had a very specific hunger (cake! not chicken), it seemed like I was hungry all the time, and needed a lot of food.

Don't fret too much about it, as long as it is controllable, it's just a sign that ll is working well.

Thanks gamegirl :)

Yes! I felt hunger pretty much right away. Much like gamer girl, I am satisfied with a small amount of food, but it doesn't last as long as I would like. I am generally hungry again within 3 hours or so. Sadly, I was not one of the lucky ones who never/rarely feel hunger. I'm hungry now!

I was sleeved 12/03/13, and I feel hunger. I'm also mistakenly identifying other things as hunger (like pain and gas), so I'm having to be really mindful of that. Hoping everything soon settles down internally.

Hey everyone, just thought I'd update that I increased the liquids that had more substance (protien shakes and soups) and felt much better yesterday and today :)

I am 3+ years out and I have felt hunger since the first week. It's easily satisfied, but always returns.

My god idk what's wrong with me I'm constantly hunger I wonder why

candy show far our are you? What are you eating and are you getting in all your Water?

I'm four months out I eat chicken fish zucchini squash and a whole lot of mushrooms . No breads or anything literally only what I said I eat I'm getting enough to drink but I'm mostly drinking diet tea my nut said maybe not enough protien said eat every two hours ok so now I gained five pounds smh

I was sleeved on Dec 5 and I have more hunger than I thought I would. But it is easily satisfied with fluids or a small intake of the foods I am allowed to eat right now. I also know that my cravings are factoring into my feeling of huner, but that to will go away in time. Or at least I hope it does.

I'm four months out I eat chicken fish zucchini squash and a whole lot of mushrooms . No breads or anything literally only what I said I eat I'm getting enough to drink but I'm mostly drinking diet tea my nut said maybe not enough protien said eat every two hours ok so now I gained five pounds smh

Is the diet tea, real tea? If so, it could be a dietetic and dehydrating you which is making you feel hungry?

Is the diet tea, real tea? If so, it could be a dietetic and dehydrating you which is making you feel hungry?

Its tea already made out of Walmart and I also drink real

Darned auto correct. I meant "diuretic". I was told that for every cup of coffee consumed I'd need to drink 2 cups of Water. I'm assuming it's the same for tea? And dehydration can feel like hunger.

Its tea already made out of Walmart and I also drink real

tea made out of walmart? Sounds unusual........

;-)