Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Do I Feel So Down Today.

i have had a lot of medical issues and i am on alot of meds. I have tried losing weight many time, doing all kind diets and going to the gym. I was thinking for a very long time to the the gastro bypass, and been to the dr.'s and meeting. i decided to go ahead and the gastro sleeve. I told a few friends and my family bc its a serious operation and i will be in the hosp for a few days and i will need someone to stay with my 15yr old son.

well my dad says no and other family members says yes, friends says no but isn't up to me to decided. i feel that this surgery will help me stick to my weigh lost. even though i have to watch wat i eat and exercise for the rest of my life, im ready to try again. its been so many yrs of me trying losing weight and gaining it back.

If all goes the right way i can be getting off 37 pills a day and a diabetes med injection. so why am i feeling so low today. Im on three shakes a day with a one meal and Protein Snacks. I haven't even been able to drink even two shakes. the taste and smell is not nice anymore. I can't have the surgery till i lose 10% of my body weight and im now 258.8 I was 265 and was doing good, dr. wants 10% of from the 258.8.

idk how to get back on track, when i go to the meetings and meet with the nutrionist, psyic, i feel better and i feel i can do this and continue to do the program but when i get home and on the wknd i feel i can't do it and that its not worth the hassle.

idk what i feel i just want to always feel like the moment i do after a meeting. i go every other monday and i do talk up in group and i have the correct answers so why do i feel this way.

I just emailed my dietician, i meet with her every two wks and also with the behavioral provider, i have meet with the surgeon and just waiting for a surgery date after i lose the weight i have to but iam afraid that it will take longer then i wanted to bc i can't get myself back on track.

I have also done Immersion day, its an all day of training required to prepare for surgery

I had to start taking the Vitamins, I haven't because there are so many kind and diff prices I don't know which one will be the best kind.

Multivitamin w/mineral (chewable w/iron, 200% daily value

Calcium citrate plus Vitamin D (chewable preferred 1200-1500mg/daily

Vitamin D3 dose 3000 IU/daily

sublingual B12 1000 mcg/daily

It's easy to get discouraged. You can do this, though. If the shakes are a problem, try adding one or one half scoop of chocolate or vanilla Protein powder into a cup of Carnation no sugar added hot chocolate. Add a fruit Protein Powder to Jello just after you have stirred in the Jello mix; the powder may not totally dissolve, but that's not a problem. It will still be tasty. Add one or one half scoop of chocolate or vanilla Protein Powder to coffee. The object is to find ways to mask the powder's taste.

As far as the Vitamins go, don't agonize over what to get. Find something with the right ingredients and get it. You can go with the cheaper ones that can be found at costco, Sam's, etc. or you can walk into a Vitamin Shop or GNC, hand the clerk your list and get the supplements they pick out for you. Don't let overthinking this keep you from acting.

It sure is, I feel sometime I can't do it, and I feel I can, but I know that after all these yrs of trying to lose weight this will help me, I know this is not a cure and I still have to stay on track and follow my health plan. Im going to buy the Protein power I didn't know they have fruit flavor power, I am also going to buy the hot chocolate.

I heard I whey and Protein is one better then the other and are they for the same health reasons.

good am, I just woke up and still feeling sad. I posted on another site I am on, well its a book site but I been on it since 05 and we tlk about anything, so I posted I needed to tlk and I got back a lot of scary answers. wow know I am more upset and worried.

Idk wat to do. this is the place I should had just stayed posting, everyone here been or going through it.

I just need to tlk about this and how scare Im getting now,, I wasn't feeling this way but know I do.

I have meeting next monday

Emotions can be a bit 'fluky' sd you detyox from the carb life. Hormones are all jumbly.

Just know that we've all been there and are with you now as well...

We've all been through the worried stage. You sound as though you have decided this surgery is your best chance at leading a healthier life. If that is so, I have a few suggestions for you:

--Take a stand against the negativity of others. Tell the people on your book club site that you are not going to discuss this decision with them anymore and that they need to let it go, too.

--Don't tell anyone who doesn't need to know that you are having the surgery. It is your decision, whichever way you eventually go.

--By all means, go to your appointments to discuss this with those who know how to help you.

--Do what you can to make your diet palatable. We discussed some of those ways above.

--Get those Vitamins and get on with the nutrition program your doctor requires.

These things will be hard to do because you are so down and it will be hard to take any action, but you will feel better if you take them. I am obviously not the expert on anything much less about how you should deal with your situation, but these are the actions I would take were I in your situation.

Please keep us informed about how you are doing.

im starting to feel a little better, ima keep reading this post. thank you

wow I cant get out this feeling, yesterday was a bad day for me. I did good in the am but when it was time to eat I lost it and ate to much. I felt so hungry. my nut said to have a pc of fruit, veg, Protein with each shake but I don't I was doing it but idk gotten lazy or just in such a bad mood I don't even want to go outside

Please I want this feeling to pass, I just be crying I want this so much and cant understand why I mess up. its7am and started to drink my 1st shake.

I was going to the gym and even stopped that. all I need to lose is four losing pounds and I get my surgery date, why is this happening now. im 258 I have lost 6 only 10lbs and I can't do it, what the heck is wrong with me.

wow I cant get out this feeling, yesterday was a bad day for me. I did good in the am but when it was time to eat I lost it and ate to much. I felt so hungry. my nut said to have a pc of fruit, veg, Protein with each shake but I don't I was doing it but idk gotten lazy or just in such a bad mood I don't even want to go outside

Please I want this feeling to pass, I just be crying I want this so much and cant understand why I mess up. its7am and started to drink my 1st shake.

I was going to the gym and even stopped that. all I need to lose is four losing pounds and I get my surgery date, why is this happening now. im 258 I have lost 6 only 10lbs and I can't do it, what the heck is wrong with me.

Nancy, be good to yourself, dear.

Nobody is perfect. Don't let your imperfections make you give up.

Try your best, it's all any of us can do...

GM. well I been doing better for a few hrs doing the day, but when it comes to eat lunch or dinner I over do it. yesterday after over eating I got sick. so I was good for the rest of the day.

I hope today I can do better trying for three shakes and Protein, Water.

have a great day.