Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Circumferential Body Lift Done 12/6

meagain3, i plan on giving a full update when i have time but i wanted to let you know my swelling has not come back, it has been 2 weeks today since it has subsided. during those 2 weeks i have done everything i could to make sure it didn't. meaning, rest when i could, compression garments, feet up, and a Water pill a few times a day. i just got finished with my first cardio in over 6 weeks so i am watching myself very closely this morning. my upper pubic area is still slightly swollen but doing much better than before so since i see the improvement i am chalking that up to typical swelling its funny that you described it as a waterbed because that is exactly what mine looked and felt like. here is what i will tell you…..we are all so different and don't get discouraged that you are having these issues. many people that i talked to did not have the issues with swelling that i did. while they tell you that it is possible to swell in other areas than typical not everyone does. and since we are 2 of the people that have experienced swelling it will go away on its own time and different for each of us. keep doing what you are doing and you will do nothing but help it go away faster. don't get discouraged!!! it gets better…..and it look FABULOUS BKA

I had my 6 week check up today and they removed 50cc of Fluid so another week off work and back to DR next week to recheck. Hopefully if will stay gone. They said the water pill will halo the legs swelling but not the fluid that is like a waterbed in the pubic area;( it's all good tho. I do feel good and scar is healing great! So happy to hear how good your doing. I know these are small set backs in the bigger picture. Again thanks for the advise and support!

7 weeks

post-166791-0-92633100-1390562163_thumb.jpg

Back down to pre-surgical weight. Swelling doing well, workouts have resumed, feeling great, abs starting to poke through, and HAPPY!!

7 weeks

Back down to pre-surgical weight. Swelling doing well, workouts have resumed, feeling great, abs starting to poke through, and HAPPY!!

Wow could you post a before surgery and current picture right next to each other?

Per your request

Wow u look amazing.. If u don't mind me asking what was your highest weight

First pic I was 377

The last (yesterday) I was 169

I can't even believe it, it has been a remarkable change. VSG saved my life, plastic surgery have me confidence, and my life has changed for the better in countless ways. The hard work was ALL worth it

Good luck to you all, feel free to ask any questions....I am an open book. I will share anything because so many people shared so much with me to help me get here

post-166791-0-04316400-1390652369_thumb.jpg

Back on my old friend running for the first time. I spent the whole last week walking and it was killing me not to be running. So far so good. Only 7 weeks later. There were moments that felt like I would never be able to run again. If you are considering this operation .....I have said it before and I will say it again....you need to be mentally tough. It will mess with you. You did an amazing job losing the weight....then everything you were doing you can't do. It's easier while you are laying around recovering to eat poorly. Then you look down expecting to see a perfectly flat tummy and it's swollen and you wonder why you did this to yourself or are you the ONE person the procedure didn't work for. Dig deep!!! ITS ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!

JUST DO IT!!

Use carecredit if you dint have all the money. Greatest investment of my life

an amazing transformation of mind and body!

Per your request

Wow great progress!

Just really amazing! Wow!!!

Thanks for sharing your story in this thread. I will be traveling down a very similar path soon enough. Starting weight for me was 360 and average final weight is 178. I dropped my weight in first 7 months and have been working out since. I am currently 18 months post op. The only thing holding me back from a lower body lift ( essentially same procedure as you) is the cost.

Edited by Fiddleman

You are correct….the full body lift, lower body lift, and circumferential body lift all essentially the same operation.

I realize that everyone comes from a different economic background but I will tell you that this operation is the icing on the weight loss cake and I would recommend you do everything you can to figure out a way to make it happen!!!

www.carecredit.com

Good Luck!

Exercise update:

Over the weekend (which would be a day or 2 beyond 7 weeks post op) I started jogging versus walking without any evidence of swelling. I started slow (3.7 mph) and I have worked up to 4.5 mph this morning. My sessions last 45 mins and I am surprised how well my lungs are functioning, meaning, I don't feel like I am about to drop over dead!!!!

15 weeks till my half marathon!!!

Bring it on baby!!

CARDIO UPDATE:

For those of you considering.....

1 day shy of 8 weeks and I was comfortable (physically, meaning no incision pain) at my 10 min mile pace for 45 mins. Prior to surgery I was a sub 9 min mile pace but my lungs are NO WHERE near ready for that yet. I have worked up slowly to the 6mph mark but today was TOUGH so I think I may drop it down. Since the speed isn't and won't be there for you for a while consider raising the incline. When I was at a slower speed than today I had it at 3% and today I did 2%. I should have lowered it further. LOL

till next time!

TOMORROW IS 8 WEEKS POST OP.

I will post a few pics of my scar in a few moments