Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Circumferential Body Lift Done 12/6

post-166791-0-76360900-1395403520_thumb.jpg

15 weeks today. I always forget to take a picture before a shower. The heat and humidity of the shower bring out the redness. In some areas the scar is already just faded flesh color. 2 spots on my side are a little too big for my liking and a little purplish in color so we are going to do a small revision surgery on those spots

Happy Spring!!!

post-166791-0-92377800-1395403429_thumb.jpg

Looking good, Scout!! I just scheduled mine for late September with Dr. Stoker in LA (known from Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss). I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I live in KS so there is a lot of planning required and I'm also trying to raise funds to cover costs. (Gofundme.com/much2gain). I've signed up for a few 5K's and a mini triathlon to keep me on track and lose the last few pounds before surgery. I keep telling my friends "I can't wait until my body stops chasing itself." Loose skin in general is not sexy or enjoyable to have on a daily basis but it become especially painful and annoying when exercising, as you probably know. Thanks for all your posts and encouragement!!!! Keep posting and I plan to do the same for future candidates when my time comes for surgery.

tebowfan,

this is what I used...

http://www.oleeva.com/product/oleeva-scar-shapes/

I have no idea how well they worked as I have nothing to compare but I can tell you....they were a pain in the a$$!!

taking them on and off, cleaning, shower, put them back on, they would roll a bit....oh....and very expensive!!

tebowfan,

this is what I used...

http://www.oleeva.com/product/oleeva-scar-shapes/

I have no idea how well they worked as I have nothing to compare but I can tell you....they were a pain in the a$$!!

taking them on and off, cleaning, shower, put them back on, they would roll a bit....oh....and very expensive!!

Thank you so much for he information. I am gonna look into it.

I asked my surgeon about them as well, and he is not a fan. He supports moisture and massaging the scars with lotion three times daily.

This thread is what I've been searching for, I wish it was still active. So much good information! Is there anybody out there going through the plastics game now?

I am 3 weeks post op today. I had a circumferential body lift also with light Lipo under my chin and along the bra line. I am also 23 months post op from my ryn-y. I lost 125 lbs and maintained for 6 months before my plastics surgery.

For my circumferential body lift I was under for 5 1/2 hours and my surgeon removed 14.5 lbs of excess skin and tissue during the procedure. Unlike most accounts I have read from people, I am really struggling with pain and discomfort. My surgeon assures me it's because I had so much removed and that I am doing fine but I still worry. I have also had pretty serious swelling along the pubic line, if I'm on my feet for more then 3 hours at a time it swells up an unbearable amount. I started off with 3 drains and I am currently down to 2. They are annoying but not painful. So far I am so pleased with what I see, the best decision of my life. Anybody else still taking pain meds regularly at the 3 week post op point?

Christy

This thread is what I've been searching for, I wish it was still active. So much good information! Is there anybody out there going through the plastics game now?

I am 3 weeks post op today. I had a circumferential body lift also with light Lipo under my chin and along the bra line. I am also 23 months post op from my ryn-y. I lost 125 lbs and maintained for 6 months before my plastics surgery.

For my circumferential body lift I was under for 5 1/2 hours and my surgeon removed 14.5 lbs of excess skin and tissue during the procedure. Unlike most accounts I have read from people, I am really struggling with pain and discomfort. My surgeon assures me it's because I had so much removed and that I am doing fine but I still worry. I have also had pretty serious swelling along the pubic line, if I'm on my feet for more then 3 hours at a time it swells up an unbearable amount. I started off with 3 drains and I am currently down to 2. They are annoying but not painful. So far I am so pleased with what I see, the best decision of my life. Anybody else still taking pain meds regularly at the 3 week post op point?

Christy

I had my surgery in January, but I still feel like I'm going through the plastics game, but it sure hasn't been a fun game to me! I read online about these people who spring right back after surgery, and God bless them, but they ain't me. I definitely still took pain meds in the evenings at 3 weeks - my skin felt like a sausage casing with all of the swelling, and all I wanted to do was take it off to take a break! A Percocet would take the edge off.

This is a big surgery, and your doctor removed a whole lotta skin and fat tissue! Be gentle to yourself, and let your body heal in its own time. You got this! ????

Hi Christy,

I haven't been on this forum for a while but was so glad I got on and found this thread as well.

I am post VSG from November 2012 with major, major complications. So the ideal of another elective surgery has taken a lot of thought and prayer. Even at that I will be chatting with my therapist in the next few weeks. I just feel like this is what I need to complete my journey. My highest weight was 295lbs and my pre surgery weight was 275lbs. I am 132-134lbs now and everyone tells me I need to gain. But I don't. I'm just very toned and I like how I feel at this weight.

I am scheduled for a LBL July 16. It will be a 9 hour surgery for me. I am a workout junkie like many of us on here. The thought of not working out is very scary and sad but I know it's temporary.

If anyone has more words of wisdom they would like to share, I'll certainly listen. I am going to look for more compression garments prior to my procedure. I thought only the abdominal binder was helpful.

Good luck and I hope your recovery goes well. I will try to post my plastics journey. This will be the first (and hardest) of three.

Holly

@@caleksa

I had the posterior part of the body lift done at the end of March (abdominoplasty was done last August). I am now almost 3 months post-op and I still have a 3 inch hole in my back. It started with wound separation at the midline, then that had partially healed when I got a giant abscess in the middle of the right side of my incision. Now I get to pack a whopping hole twice a day and bandage it and I can imagine the scar is going to be a delight.

I didn't take pain meds after the first 3 days because I'm afraid I'll like them too much, however I can appreciate that it takes awhile to heal. I'm glad I didn't have the full circumferential lift done at the same time because it was hard enough to move and walk with only half done each surgery.

Ultimately, everyone heals in their own way, so there's nothing wrong with the fact that you're still sore. My brachioplasty hurt for months and every once in awhile if someone grabs my arm the wrong way it hurts. At almost 3 months post-op I can still feel the stretching of the skin on my back and sometimes I move wrong and it hurts. My first two surgeries were easy- minimal pain, minor complications, however my last surgery has been a total pain in the butt...literally, lol.

You will heal..it just takes time. Hope you feel better soon!

I am three days out from TT, arms and breast lift/Aug. I fear I am feeling good now but will crash later. Swelling a LOT in my midsection but not arms. Pain is manageable, but feel pretty exhausted.