Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To This!

Hello everyone! I was looking for somewhere to look for info, and have support while I go through this process.

I am 22 years old, and I'm 5'5", weighing 315 lbs. I decided in June of this year I wanted to look into lap band. I went to a seminar, and shortly after that had an appointment with the surgeon.

Now just yesterday (December 3rd) I finished my last appointment for my 6 month nutritionist/physician requirement for my insurance. So now I'm getting the rest of the process started!

I am very excited for this step in my life, because I have never been a healthy weight for a majority of my life!

It would be awesome to hear from fellow people and share support!

Welcome Marissa! You will find plenty of support and information on this site. I'm coming up to my one year anniversary and this site and of course the people on it were so important in helping me to stay on track and be successful in losing nearly 100 lbs.

Thank you! And congrats on the weight loss! Seeing all of the success stories in here is definitely reassuring to me! I am so ready :).

EVERYBODY was new to this one time or another....

One thing I need to warn you about.....there are as many differing opinions here as there are members it seems...it can get confusing.....because of all the contradictions....I for one am glad I did not find this forum untill AFTER I had the surgery, because then all I had to go on was what my Dr. and staff informed me about....and that was good....

Bottom Line...this is about you and your Dr......ALL information here should be filtered through your Dr.'s treatment plan for you....

For Myself...I do not pay that much attention to what people "Think"....I much rather hear what people have personally "Experienced"...
I can tell you all about Paris France, what I read, what people have told me, what You-Tube videos I've seen....but I have never been there, smelled the air or felt the sunshine, so how do I really know????

Welcome and Good Luck.....there are a lot of experienced and successful people here....and with just about EVERY issue imaginable, someone has gone through it also and can shed their light on it based upon their experience....

YOU already have important information to share...you already have started a history with this WLS....

Edited by B-52

Welcome Marissa! As stated above, we were all new and looking for help! I just wanted to talk to someone who was experiencing what I was. It is a scarey and yet awesome experieicne and everyone here has goen through it. Oh, it is so nice to share with folks that understand! So once again, wlecome, ask questions, or just tell us how you feel. Karen aka...kll724

Welcome!

This is a great site, you will read some good some bad and even some ugly as you go through. Everyone has their opinions and not everyone has always had the easiest of times with their WLS.

If you take the comments in stride and do your research have faith in your surgical team and yourself you will do great and you will find this is an awesome place for support.

Congrats on your decision. I can honestly say that for me it was the best decision I ever made and I have not regretted it once.

Congrats on your decision to change your life. It's by no means easy as people think. You will do great.