Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

I got the call this morning letting me know that my surgery time is at 7:30 this Monday morning. I have been so anxious and excited this past week. I have been in a non-stop cleaning frenzy because when I sit down my mind just spins. At least my house is clean actually at this point it is a bit sterile. I have been on this pre-op diet for almost a month and it has been difficult but at least I have already dropped two pant sizes.

I hope everyone who has already had their surgery is healing well and to those who surgeries are yet to come I wish you the best.

Mo

Congrats Hmj! So happy for you all. Today has been anothervrotten day for me. It started out with the clinic calling me at 2:00 today saying they don't have all of the documentation to submit to insurance. Ofcourse now icalled them Monday morning to check on n it and was told they were submitting either later Monday afternoon or Tuesday. This being two weeks after my last appointment when they said they'd submit by the end of that week. So, I Ihad to make phone calls to my pcp requesting the info be sent to them, (they couldn't have requestex dc that over the last five months while I was going to see them? ) Then they tell me that I have to show six months of trying to diet, three of them being consecutive, so I should just make an n appointment with my pcp for March and then she can send them mn the notes and we can submit then in March. So,mn off I went to the records department to order the requested stuff and asked them to look for notes on my weight and diet requirements within the last year. Cross your fingers my pcp wrote some notes about that after our discussions. Next great thing, I got an email from our attorney telling me that the defendants in our lawsuit are now suing our realtor and dragging this poor guy in to our mess. And, to top it off my neck and back are hurting so much tonight that I had to crawl in to bed at 8:30.

I think I have decided tonighg if they can't find doctors notes and I nowhave to wait until Ln April for surgery that I am going to go ahead and have my neck and back done first. I just can't stand living with the pain any longer and having them done will make it so I can exercise more and easier.

Will keep you posted.

My date is Friday the 28th I'm starting to get a little more nervous now I had my final appt last Friday with anesthesiologist it was a very thorough appt and a lit comforting too . I don't really like the fact that I won't have my time for my surgery till the day before I just hope it didn't get postponed again!

Hi to you all,

I really hope that all your surgeries go well this week. Mo and misst86 I will e thinking of you, I know how scary this pre op period is. You I am sure that you will be fine and soon joining us all on the post op thread.

Rearae, I am so sorry that it is all becoming so much harder for you. It must be so difficult knowing which to have first when you are in so much pain.

Take care all of you

Claire

Thanks Claire, how are you doing? Dying to know how all of you early February people are. Guess I'll pop over there and check on you.

Hi,

Patti, really thinking of you on your surgery day. Looking forward to hearing from afterwards.

So glad everything is ok with you zoe and ncbabygurl I know what you mean about Soups and liquids. I am fine with that at the moment, possibly because I know that I can have more but my body won't cope with it yet. Expanding my range of soups and trying to reassure myself that I don't have a problem with seafood and other things (at the moment anyway) is great!

Take care

Claire

Hi Claire and everyone,

Well I had my surgery Feb 20th @1200 as scheduled and was just released home today. The first six hrs postop were a bear as I felt like i swallowed a giant gas bubble that wouldn't let up. Thank God for the PCA drip. Got walking my first night and that really seemed to help. The best advice I can give for the first few days is walk, walk, walk. Even when you don't feel like it. I am now transitioning from clears to full liquids, drinking my first Protein Shake as I type. Hope everything is going well for everyone. I will have to catch on reading the messages on this board.

Patti

hi everyone, well I got home about 10pm last night, and I'm up and moving about a bit. My op was at 1pm, and I was very surprised that when my surgeon said I would be tilted upright and he'd be operating face to face! Came around feeling ok, just really really tired and spent most of the afternoon asleep.

How do I feel? I'm uncomfortable, but not in much pain, the gas pain being the worst. I've just had a Breakfast of miso Soup. They did offer me soup twice at the hospital but it contained milk which I'm allergic to. I was offered jelly but it never materialised.

Glad to hear that you are doing well and that you got to go home the same day.

Hello... My surgery date is MOnday February 24th... I'm excited and so nervous I just hope all goes well. :)

Good luck, i'll be thinking about you. Just remember the worst will pass and be over before you know it. And get up and walking as soon as you can.

Hello... My surgery date is MOnday February 24th... I'm excited and so nervous I just hope all goes well. :)

Best Wishes for Tomorrow!

I got the call this morning letting me know that my surgery time is at 7:30 this Monday morning. I have been so anxious and excited this past week. I have been in a non-stop cleaning frenzy because when I sit down my mind just spins. At least my house is clean actually at this point it is a bit sterile. I have been on this pre-op diet for almost a month and it has been difficult but at least I have already dropped two pant sizes. I hope everyone who has already had their surgery is healing well and to those who surgeries are yet to come I wish you the best. Mo

Best Wishes for tomorrow!

One more normal day for me, then I pack up and head to the city where I will spend the afternoon and night at the hotel doing by bowel prep. The two week 800-1000 cal pre op diet has not been bad. I have two Premier chocolate shakes a day and one meal. Monday, sort things , pack up according to my lists, Tuesday, head to city, Clear Liquids and bowel prep, Wed morning, SURGERY.... I can't believe it

One more normal day for me, then I pack up and head to the city where I will spend the afternoon and night at the hotel doing by bowel prep. The two week 800-1000 cal pre op diet has not been bad. I have two Premier chocolate shakes a day and one meal. Monday, sort things , pack up according to my lists, Tuesday, head to city, clear liquids and bowel prep, Wed morning, SURGERY.... I can't believe it

Good luck to you, I know how you feel my surgery is tomorrow. I'm pretty sure sleep is out for me tonight! Lol. Good luck on your journey! :-)

One more normal day for me, then I pack up and head to the city where I will spend the afternoon and night at the hotel doing by bowel prep. The two week 800-1000 cal pre op diet has not been bad. I have two Premier chocolate shakes a day and one meal. Monday, sort things , pack up according to my lists, Tuesday, head to city, clear liquids and bowel prep, Wed morning, SURGERY.... I can't believe it

Good luck to you, I know how you feel my surgery is tomorrow. I'm pretty sure sleep is out for me tonight! Lol. Good luck on your journey! :-)

and certainly to you as well

Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow. Good thoughts are with you as you make your last few steps before your new life starts.

Glad you are feeling ok Patti, and positive thoughts to shmily and blueyz and all the rest of you having surgery this week.

Take care

Claire