Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To Scream!

I need it a co morbid issue since my BMI is at 47 not. 50. I got tested for sleep apnea, it showed I do have sleep apnea they sent me again Nov 12 yes I have it. They said I need it the c pap machine to "back me up" with the insurance well up to now I'm still waiting on the doctors office to call me with the c pap information. I called last Tuesday I was told I would get a call back and NOTHING I called today and the office manger told me she had sent everything to my insurance she was going to check my file if there is something there she would call me back if there isn't then she wasn't going to call me back. Well I took matters into my own hands I called my insurance to see if it had been submitted. They told me I have followed everything and I should be ready to go the only thing there waiting for is for a date that's the only way they could approve me. So I don't know why my doctors office isn't telling me that. I have followed everything on my list I started this in march. I have met my deductible already so I'm praying I get the sleeve this month. Sorry I had to vent!! Should I call my doctors office and let them know I talked to my insurance? There not too friendly but the doctor is awesome. I'm so confused and don't know what to do.

Call them! You can't sit back and wait.. I had a similar situation and the Dr office kept telling me to be patient that sometimes it just takes time. After a week +I called the ins anyway and they never received the request! If I hadn't called I'd probably still be waiting.

Yes, call the doctor's office and bring them up to speed. Sometimes you have to step in and advocate for yourself--especially this time of year when medical offices are very busy and most everyone wishes they were somewhere else having holiday fun.

My surgeon was great but the office staff at his practice was a complete bunch of idiots. I eventually took the problems to the Chief Operating Officer of the hospital which sponsors their Bariatric "Center of Excellence" (not) in order to get over all the damn speed bumps and get my surgery approved. Stay on top of things and take really good notes with names, dates, times, etc. Good luck!

I need it a co morbid issue since my BMI is at 47 not. 50. I got tested for sleep apnea, it showed I do have sleep apnea they sent me again Nov 12 yes I have it. They said I need it the c pap machine to "back me up" with the insurance well up to now I'm still waiting on the doctors office to call me with the c pap information. I called last Tuesday I was told I would get a call back and NOTHING I called today and the office manger told me she had sent everything to my insurance she was going to check my file if there is something there she would call me back if there isn't then she wasn't going to call me back. Well I took matters into my own hands I called my insurance to see if it had been submitted. They told me I have followed everything and I should be ready to go the only thing there waiting for is for a date that's the only way they could approve me. So I don't know why my doctors office isn't telling me that. I have followed everything on my list I started this in march. I have met my deductible already so I'm praying I get the sleeve this month. Sorry I had to vent!! Should I call my doctors office and let them know I talked to my insurance? There not too friendly but the doctor is awesome. I'm so confused and don't know what to do.

Get a new doctor! I never had these issues, but I was on them like white on rice. However, my doctor and his assistants were great! I wanted to get my surgery in a certain time frame to get back to work before the busy season started. In turn, I called my insurance everyday to see where in the process it was until the medical director signed off. Then I pressed the docs office to schedule me as early as possible. I even had my surgery on a Saturday. If they are not nice....tell them. There are many options out there. Once your medical insurance approves....go somewhere else and tell them why. Take your power back. It's your health and body, not theirs. Sometimes making them aware of their behavior will help, but if it doesn't....see ya! I've done this with dentists and doctors offices that make you wait far too long or don't have great customer service. That is what we are and they need to remember that. If you're in Vegas, let me know.

My surgeon's office has been mostly helpful but I find that I really have to stay on the bariatric coordinator. I have been really proactive about getting my own surgery pushed through quickly. Now we have the issue that my husband's case was denied at first and we had to resubmit. I call every day to make sure things are moving. And they still aren't sometimes.

But I know now that this woman has to be rolling her eyes when I call to see if she's submitted, if she wants anything else, etc. I get that we are not the only two patients at this office but I also realize that if we sit back and let things go in their normal time they may not happen as quickly. I'm crazy but I still have this hope somewhere that we can get this turned around and he will get magically approved and sleeved in December before the new copays kick in next year.

THANK YOU ALL for your responses. I agree with you all. I received a call today from the insurance at the doctors office and was told they just heard from my insurance with a ok and I should be hearing soon from someone there to set my date. YAY!!! If I don't hear from them by today I will be calling Wednesday I want it done before the year is over with.

THANK YOU ALL for your responses. I agree with you all. I received a call today from the insurance at the doctors office and was told they just heard from my insurance with a ok and I should be hearing soon from someone there to set my date. YAY!!! If I don't hear from them by today I will be calling Wednesday I want it done before the year is over with.

Congratulations! !! Good for you

This made me laugh since I've been calling everyday. I am sure my coordinator rolls her eyes every time I call. But like you all said, if we don't check up on them who knows when things will be processed. My papers were submitted yesterday and I am calling my insurance today. Oh and my surgery is scheduled for December 30

This made me laugh since I've been calling everyday. I am sure my coordinator rolls her eyes every time I call. But like you all said, if we don't check up on them who knows when things will be processed. My papers were submitted yesterday and I am calling my insurance today. Oh and my surgery is scheduled for December 30

Exactly you are right. I got scheduled yesterday evening for December 21st!!! Yay us!!! Good luck!

Heh. My husband and I are working with the same surgeon. I have been calling to see the status of his appeal almost every other day. I'm sure she's ready to kill me.

Please stay on top of this as there are very few surgery slots available for the remainder of this year. Remind them you have the problem with the deductible. That should get you priority over someone who has more flexibility. Fingers crossed for you!

Good luck everyone. I just called the insurance to check the status and they said it was too soon for me to call haha oh well. I'll probably give them a break tomorrow but I will def call Friday for SURE!!

So I know I ended getting a call to start my pre op diet ASAP my surgery date was on Saturday Dec 21st I came home on Monday the 23rd just in time to be with my family on Christmas. Thank you all =)