Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Uncomfortable Truth....

Ok. I read through the entire thread, and must say a few things.

1) thank you to ALL the contributors. I saw myself in each and every post. I can say that I was able to reflect on EACH piece that you all shared and they REALLY helped me to recognize something's about and within myself that I need to get some "light" to, for fear of the darkness overwhelming.

2) when such highly personal and emotional things are shared, I think it makes us EXTREMELY sensitive (emotional cheese grater?) and some of you thought others took offense, which I believe they didn't. Nor did the original apologizers offend. It makes me sad that the thread came to that because you all REALLY REALLY were on an AMAZING roll, and it was incredibly helpful. Until it stopped.

To get a glimpse into the soul of another, to feel for just a moment like all is not lost, and a fleeting sense that I am not alone....That, my fellow sleevers, I truly appreciate.

I NEEDED this thread Revs...with tears streaming....THANK YOU!!!

You are most sincerely welcome, CNmama. Glad it warmed your heart and encouraged you to participate.

Now, as long as Nicolanz doesn't go for any cheeky butt feels during her group hug - lets all get back to slaying those dragons which often present themselves to me, in the form of cheeseburgers and fries. :blink:

Love and light,

Revs x

Ok. I read through the entire thread, and must say a few things.

1) thank you to ALL the contributors. I saw myself in each and every post. I can say that I was able to reflect on EACH piece that you all shared and they REALLY helped me to recognize something's about and within myself that I need to get some "light" to, for fear of the darkness overwhelming.

2) when such highly personal and emotional things are shared, I think it makes us EXTREMELY sensitive (emotional cheese grater?) and some of you thought others took offense, which I believe they didn't. Nor did the original apologizers offend. It makes me sad that the thread came to that because you all REALLY REALLY were on an AMAZING roll, and it was incredibly helpful. Until it stopped.

To get a glimpse into the soul of another, to feel for just a moment like all is not lost, and a fleeting sense that I am not alone....That, my fellow sleevers, I truly appreciate.

I NEEDED this thread Revs...with tears streaming....THANK YOU!!!

That was the entire point of some of us putting ourselves out there...for someone like you who could learn something helpful and act on what you have read here...That is the total aim of this entire forum...Ty for your thoughts!!!!

Now, as long as Nicolanz doesn't go for any cheeky butt feels during her group hug - lets all get back to slaying those dragons which often present themselves to me, in the form of cheeseburgers and fries.

I'm in!! I will be formulating an explanation to relate an, hopefully, adequate portrayal of the importance these posts have played for me. Problem is that I'm at work, so I'll be posting this pm. Mental workings to be done.

I was praying someone didn't downplay someone's feelings. RJ don't apologize, it was very brave of you (and everyone else) to open up. We all appreciate it.

You all have my love and support whether you want it or not!

I don't know about the rest of you but once I saw what that fine lady said, it made it all worth it to me to bare all for her....

Laura - 'Is', darling. it 'Is' one of those places.

<looks under her armpit in confused befuddlement as to who the 'fine lady' is in this melee> :D

Laura - 'Is', darling. it 'Is' one of those places.

<looks under her armpit in confused befuddlement as to who the 'fine lady' is in this melee> :D

You are something...never fails to make me laugh...Poor Laura....I think!

We're all good in the hood.

Hell, we're made of stronger stuff - all of us.

AND Laura has a genius son.. So today, is a good day. :)

We're all good in the hood. Hell, we're made of stronger stuff - all of us. AND Laura has a genius son.. So today, is a good day. :)

<br> And I think a girl likes him!!!! <br> I've spotted her twice now at his side once two weeks ago she made a bee line to sit with him and chatted his eat off. <br> Then today at honor roll who's by his side chatting his ear off :D

Sorry bout the off topic but it's monumental! :P

It's wonderful and should rightly be celebrated, reveled in and shouted from the rooftops.

Hell, if I had a kid that had received that GPA, I'd be streaking naked outside Buckingham Palace with the information daubed on my more than a bit wobbly body for the world to see. :D

Laura, BE PROUD!! That's über exciting!!

And no clue if anyone thought they offended me - lemme set it all straight...I don't offend easily and I haven't read anything on here to be offended with by anyone. I love my daily "chats, help, uplifting," with alla you folks:)

I scampered away this morning all crazy embarrassed and actually did some work for a while, so I'm going to take this thread back one page and say I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said to minimize anyone's feelings. Whether something did or not. It was more sharing than anything else. I will henceforth keep away from this kind of thread if I don't feel I can personally relate to the title.

Also, Nicolanz, get your hands off my butt.