Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interested In A Mentor

None whatsoever and I wouldn't change a thing Not saying that I didn't wake up in pain because I did but I am not even a week out and I am doing great. My left side is still a little sore and I haven't tried sleeping in bed yet but maybe I will tonight since my husband has to get up to go to work in the morning.

So happy to hear you are doing well!! Where did you have the surgery? I've had 2 Csections and my gallbladder out, so I'm hoping that prepares me for mine, plus I'm a stomach sleeper, so I'm in trouble there :)

Denison Texas at TMC I have also had those surgery I already have a lot of flabby skin due to previous surgery and no toning after. I have no idea what I will look like when it is all over but I can't wait to find out. My doctor had no problems with previous scar tissue

Was the pain similar to pain from a Csections?

How was your psych eval?

Way easier than c section was your gall bladder an open cut or laparoscopic? With it being in upper stomach and not lower it is different but it seem to heal so much quicker. My psyc was absolutely nothing a few questions about my history and mental stability.

My gallbladder was laproscopic

Ok, thx good to know

Hi princesstami. Don't know if you're still looking for someone but ill give you a little of my story. I'm 10 months post op from the sleeve. I have had no complications and a pretty easy time all things considered. I've lost 95lbs with about 5 lbs to goal. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Wis4me

I love your name, first

Where did you have surgery?

My story in a nutshell: I'm at the very beginning of my preop tasks I have to have done, I saw my PCP today and got my green light clearance from her. I'm new to this forum so still trying to make myself comfy with how it works here :)

At this point I'm hoping for the end if Jan or early Feb date. I saw my surgeon on Nov 27 and she put me on a 1200 calorie Hugh protein/ low carb diet and so far I'm down 12lbs and hoping not to gain over the holidays

Any advice for the psych eval?

Wis4me<br>

I love your name, first<br>

Where did you have surgery? <br>

My story in a nutshell: I'm at the very beginning of my preop tasks I have to have done, I saw my PCP today and got my green light clearance from her. I'm new to this forum so still trying to make myself comfy with how it works here :)<br>

At this point I'm hoping for the end if Jan or early Feb date. I saw my surgeon on Nov 27 and she put me on a 1200 calorie Hugh protein/ low carb diet and so far I'm down 12lbs and hoping not to gain over the holidays<br>

Any advice for the psych eval?

Hi Zoumommy!

I had my surgery in Charlotte NC. There are a lot of hoops to jump through to get to your surgery date. Just stick with it and you'll have your date before you know it. They psych eval was pretty easy for me. And be reading posts on here it seems everyone's psych visit was a little different. The big thing I think they are looking for ate eating disorders and making sure you are being treated for them prior to surgery. This surgery can fix a lot of things but it cannot fix your head. It's been a wonderful journey for me.

I'm so glad your journey has been good!! Do you have a supportive spouse or partner? My husband isn't crazy about this idea but he's coming around... slowly :) makes sense about the psych eval, my nurse coordinator said they are looking for diagnosis of depression etc, if which I have none, so I'm not stressing about it

My husband has been very supportive. He wasn't crazy about surgery in general but he understood I was doing this for my health. He would ask me every day how much Protein and Water I've had.

I expect my husband will be the same.

That's so wonderful!! My husband is nervous, I've had a great deal of health problems ( benign Braiin tumor, AVM, stroke) so needless to say, I've been through alot and he's worried and I can't blame him, but I need to do this for me and I intend to get my life back in track