Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

I have a bachelorette party this saturday but I don't know if its ok to have a drink?? My surgery was 2/11 and last time I had any alcohol was like 2 weeks prior to surgery. Any suggestions??

I was dumb and had a drink with my brother and his friends only 3.5 weeks post-op. I couldn't believe how buzzed I was from one drink and how dehydrated I got. I didn't get hungover or sick. But I definitely shouldn't have done it. Not only is my tummy still healing, my liver was taxed from surgery with all the anesthesia and the medication I took 10 days post-op. My advice is don't do it.

Thanks everyone for the advice. My friend had a glass of wine 6 weeks after surgery and she was fine but she said her alcohol tolerance is nothing compared to how it was before surgery. I do not want to feel bad just for one drink so I think I wont have any

What is NSV?

What is NSV?

Non scale victory.

Thanks everyone for the advice. My friend had a glass of wine 6 weeks after surgery and she was fine but she said her alcohol tolerance is nothing compared to how it was before surgery. I do not want to feel bad just for one drink so I think I wont have any

If your friends know you had surgery ask for a sip of someone's drink. A sip or two wont kill you and will help you feel like a part of the fun.

5 weeks post op appointment today and while I I was in that stall for week 3 & 4 I think I am back on track. I communicated my concerns today and was pretty much told don't over think it I am down 47 lbs since preop liquid diet and 32 since surgery on the 10th. Dr said your averaging 6 lbs a week how can you be upset with that.

She was right, when she put it that way, it put a whole new perspective on things. I was putting too much pressure on myself. It's hard to look in the mirror and see any drastic changes as I still have so far to go. Even though my clothes are fitting better and people at work have asked "have you lost weight" I was looking for that immediate gratification.

I write this to tell everyone this is a new life style and a new way of thinking with ups and downs. Keep on your path, eat small frequent meals, get in your fluids and pay attention to what seems to bother your new stomach and way of life. Most of all have patience we didn't get this way overnight and it won't be fixed overnight.

Good luck and success to us all-S.K.

Thanks, SKennedy. I have been in a week long stall and really discouraged. Will focus on the big picture.

I am so upset, 5 weeks out and no changes in my weight for more than 2 weeks!! So far I lost 25 pounds and still eating very little. I am not back at the gym yet but I do walk a lot. I am very frustrated right now ????

Put the scales away!! Best thing I did for myself.

Put the scales away!! Best thing I did for myself.

I haven't put mine away, but have had to train myself to not weight like a crazy person. I am back to weighing once a week which is very helpful. My mind can't take anymore "how much did I lose since yesterday?" head games.

Hey guys. This morning I woke up with what feels like the symptoms of a bad cold. On top of that I have been vomiting everything I have tried to eat or drink today. No Water or food the whole day. I feel really light headed and when I'm awake all I can do is try not to dry heave. No stomach pains or fever though...should I go to the ER? Or just wait it out?

Hey guys. This morning I woke up with what feels like the symptoms of a bad cold. On top of that I have been vomiting everything I have tried to eat or drink today. No Water or food the whole day. I feel really light headed and when I'm awake all I can do is try not to dry heave. No stomach pains or fever though...should I go to the ER? Or just wait it out?

I'm not feeling do hot either. But here is my full disclosure. I've been drinking caloric juices. I feel really bad about myself. I can't expect to change my horrible habits so quickly. For those of you that pray I could use all prayers I can get.

You guys are not alone with not feeling so good today, I'm not either. First Migraine I've had since my surgery 2/24 and u can't take anything but chewable Tylenol for because I can't have pills yet :-( my head is gonna explode. On top of that I've barely lost any weight since surgery. My clothes are getting loose but I thought there would be more.

I hope you all feel better soon.

Yesterday I landed in the ER. I woke up at 3am vomiting. But I didn't really have anything in my system. I kept dry heaving and vomiting anything I attempted to drink. I finally emailed my surgeon and called my endo. Both said go to the ER. I was there for 6 hours getting fluids and zofran. I feel so much better today. I took my daughter to the park and cooked dinner for my husband. Doctor thinks I ate some bad salmon. It didn't taste or smell bad. It was one of my favorite meals since surgery. Lol. But whatever it was, I'm so glad I went to the ER.