Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stall :(. Can Others Share Their Stories.

I have been stalled for three weeks now and it started two weeks post op. I weight myself again tomorrow so I will see if if it finally broke. But I have such a huge difference in my cloths and energy levels I am not really worried about it. I am just trusting the process.

It will come off. I am only 9 weeks out. I've already been thur three stalls. When I weight everyday it so discouraging. People are starting to notice the weight loss. When I have a stall I won't lose anything for 2 or 3 weeks and the step in the scale and lost 5 pounds in 2 or 3 days. I decided for my self not to weight everything. I get to stressed out. When I sat down and Added up my numbers i was surprised. I was sleeved Sept 27 2013. I'm down 67 pounds including pre op. I've never lost 67 pounds on my own!!!

I am 8 weeks out and my weight didn't move for 6 weeks at all at this point I am full of regrets only lost 10 lbs since surgery plus the pain

I am 24 days post op and have been stalled for 17 days. I lost 14 lbs the first week and then was done! I know everyone says be patient it will happen, dont let it get to you. But its the hardest thing especially when your newly post op. It does make you have regrets. I just hope to see some kind of change soon!!!

WOW! have you talked to your dr? When i asked my nurse coordinator about it she asked me if I was getting all my Water and protein! I said No! Its hard especially the Water.< /p>

I've been stalled for almost 3 weeks. I lost 24 pounds the first 10 days and then have pretty much been stalled since (sleeved on 11/1). It's SO frustrating. I lost 3 pounds about 2 weeks into the stall, but then gained 1 back. It's ridiculously frustrating. I am also measuring weekly and seeing very very slow progress there, but my body is getting a little bit smaller. I was hoping to be down a dress size at this point, and it's just not happened. I was hoping to be down 30 pounds total by my 1 month follow up (tomorrow), but it sounds like I probably won't hit that goal. I'm still sticking to my plan, focusing on Protein and fluids and trying to keep from getting frustrated.

hey I am doing everything I can my Protein is fine and I eat about 800-1000cal a day exercise 4 times a week plus I do about 15000 steps a day and I eat healthy 4 small meals a day my Water intake could be better still working on that but my weight is stuck and even my doctor doesn't get it

I am 8 weeks out and my weight didn't move for 6 weeks at all at this point I am full of regrets only lost 10 lbs since surgery plus the pain

I am 24 days post op and have been stalled for 17 days. I lost 14 lbs the first week and then was done! I know everyone says be patient it will happen, dont let it get to you. But its the hardest thing especially when your newly post op. It does make you have regrets. I just hope to see some kind of change soon!!!

WOW! have you talked to your dr? When i asked my nurse coordinator about it she asked me if I was getting all my Water and protein! I said No! Its hard especially the water.

hey I am doing everything I can my Protein is fine and I eat about 800-1000cal a day exercise 4 times a week plus I do about 15000 steps a day and I eat healthy 4 small meals a day my Water intake could be better still working on that but my weight is stuck and even my doctor doesn't get it

WOW! have you talked to your dr? When i asked my nurse coordinator about it she asked me if I was getting all my Water and protein! I said No! Its hard especially the water.

Yeah it does sound like your doing everything! Just keep ur head up, I know its hard to do. But you cant let this get you down! Are you taking measurments of yourself? I have since day one and even though I dont see a diiference in the scale I do in the inches.

I didn't lose any inches either I had lower bmi from the start but 8 weeks post op only lost 10 lbs and I am stuck for over 6 weeks now

Yeah it does sound like your doing everything! Just keep ur head up, I know its hard to do. But you cant let this get you down! Are you taking measurments of yourself? I have since day one and even though I dont see a diiference in the scale I do in the inches.

I hit a stall 3 weeks after starting pre-op diet (2 weeks after surgery). I lost 9 pounds pre-op and then post-op I lost 10 more pounds in the first 2 weeks after surgery. But at 2 weeks post surgery (last week) I hit 196 and stayed there for 6-7 days till I dropped to 194 yesterday. I was a Thanksgiving houseguest during that stall week and picked (lightly, but it was still picking!) at a lot of sweet, high-calorie soft foods (pie filling, lobster ravioli, cheese & toppings off the top of a pizza). I think the carbs knocked me out of ketosis and my liver stored a bunch of glycogen all over again. I went strictly low-to-no-carb the last few days and drank a pooh-load of Water. I also picked up some Relion (Walmart) keto-stix for $6 so that I could make sure that I'm staying in light ketosis. The scale finally budged yesterday and today and I'm down 2 pounds. (I find that I am not hungry or carb-craving if I get in to light ketosis--it may not be for everyone.) I ALSO took time a couple of days ago to load all my usual post-sleeve food items into MyFitnessPal on my desktop so that I could easily keep it updated with the phone app. It's good to be able to look down and realize that some high-carb Soup that I just ate just used up a bunch of my day's calories or that I'm behind on Protein for the day [in which case I just add a scoop of unflavored Protein powder to whatever I'm having to get back on track].) I have not had any nausea and have kept things down well from the beginning, so my big focus has been to get 80 grams of Protein each day to try to lose what I hope is mostly fat (and not muscle). I sometimes get troubled that others have lost so much in the first month, but I choose to tell myself that slow is okay for me and I give myself hope that I am losing less muscle this way. We'll see if I am truly out of my stall by taking these steps-- maybe I will be 194 for a week or two, who knows ?! I will try to keep you posted. I send you support and a stalls-are-a-bummer hand squeeze! P.S. - I know the popular wisdom is to not weigh every day, but I am in the process of educating myself about how my food choices affect me, so I am going to keep weighing every day for a while (just a personal preference :)!).

I seem to follow a pattern of losing for 2 weeks & then "pausing" for about 2 weeks. I don't even like to think of it as a stall, because for me that implies that it might not start up again. In my mind, a pause is just a pause & is a temporary breather that my body seems to need. I'm about 5 1/2 months out & down 84 lbs (64 from surgery date), so clearly the pauses are not preventing me from losing. I feel like I'm asking a lot of my body in this weight loss process (& I asked a lot of it before, too, when it had to carry all that excess around!), so if this is the pattern it needs to follow, so be it.

I'm in a week 3 stall and HAPPY about it! First of all, loosing weight at lightening speed has got to be less than healthy. Second, I'm keeping my procedure to myself, so having a more gradual loss seems more natural to my friends and co-workers. Third and MOST important, these stalls just demonstrate how biologically difficult it is to lose weight. If I were on a traditional diet and this happened, I'd be super frustrated and questioning whether I could succeed at all. In fact, I'd probably just bail on the diet all together and go back to my regular routine. But this time, I'm 100% sure that the weight is going to come off and there's zero chance of "bailing out." I get to just sit back (while following the rules) and wait for it to happen!

Amen Familyguy. I'm presleeve n I'm not sharing it either so I feel as u do. And to the ones who r frustrated, as he stated, the weight will come off, has too. And I've read vet forums about it happening. I'm sure its frustrating but stress can make our weight not move or even go up in traditional dieting. So don't get down over it, and don't compare ur loss w others bc our bodies are going to react differently to this same procedure that we all share or will share. So chin up and just keep doing what ur doing, n increase the Fluid, they even say that on traditional diets bc it helps flush the body. Since u started at a lower BMI, u may just b a slw loser. There is a thread titled slow losers come in, somthn like that, look it up n c if u fall in that category, esp, if u say ur docs don't understand. Gl, I wish u all the best:). U can/will succeed.

I seem to follow a pattern of losing for 2 weeks & then "pausing" for about 2 weeks. I don't even like to think of it as a stall, because for me that implies that it might not start up again. In my mind, a pause is just a pause & is a temporary breather that my body seems to need. I'm about 5 1/2 months out & down 84 lbs (64 from surgery date), so clearly the pauses are not preventing me from losing. I feel like I'm asking a lot of my body in this weight loss process (& I asked a lot of it before, too, when it had to carry all that excess around!), so if this is the pattern it needs to follow, so be it.

I really love your attitude about this. I'm two weeks out today, and while I haven't yet hit a stall, statistics say one is right around the corner. I really admire this gentle, loving approach towards a body that's been through a lot and changing so much. I think I'll embrace this attitude. :)

I've been stalled for almost 3 weeks. I lost 24 pounds the first 10 days and then have pretty much been stalled since (sleeved on 11/1). It's SO frustrating. I lost 3 pounds about 2 weeks into the stall, but then gained 1 back. It's ridiculously frustrating. I am also measuring weekly and seeing very very slow progress there, but my body is getting a little bit smaller. I was hoping to be down a dress size at this point, and it's just not happened. I was hoping to be down 30 pounds total by my 1 month follow up (tomorrow), but it sounds like I probably won't hit that goal. I'm still sticking to my plan, focusing on Protein and fluids and trying to keep from getting frustrated.

You are doing great, 24 might nit be 30, but its better than 0. Keep up the good work.