Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I am celebrating being one year post op rny. Hard to believe it's been a year and all the changes this year has brought. Started off on the day of my surgery I was 319 pounds. I wanted this surgery for 3 main reasons...wanted my diabetes and high blood pressure gone, wanted to be all around healthy and was very much hoping it would fix my infertility issues. At 8 months out I had lost 125 pounds and found out I was pregnant. Earlier then I had expected yet I was on cloud nine. Scared and excited cause the one thing I really wanted, I was being blessed with. Today I am 22 weeks and have gained 10 pounds back. I was 30 pounds from my goal weight when I got pregnant but right now I am diabetes free, no high blood pressure (low now), all my other numbers are great and my baby girl is growing great. This surgery saved my life and helped give me the greatest gift of all time.

Also, I have dealt with so many other issues I didn't think were really possible. Family and friends being jealous and cruel. Learning and focusing on ME being happy with myself. Its a constant mind battle but well worth it. I've cut people out of my life both family and friends. Was a very difficult decision but looking back today has been 100% worth it.

I will never regret having my surgery and will forever be great full to my surgeon and the team that believed in me and gave me this chance. They helped save my life and now I get to enjoy life like I have not been able to before :)

post-196888-0-70080100-1385403182_thumb.png

Edited by heather200002

Congrats!

I am thinking about surgery, i am diabetic want to get rid of diabetis, reading ur post has reassured me. Is there Multivitamins to take lifelong? And have also heard gall bladder and hernia problems related as well ....... Will highly appreciate if u could reply would answer a lot of questions of mine thanks

I am thinking about surgery, i am diabetic want to get rid of diabetis, reading ur post has reassured me. Is there Multivitamins to take lifelong? And have also heard gall bladder and hernia problems related as well ....... Will highly appreciate if u could reply would answer a lot of questions of mine thanks

I take vitamims everyday for the rest of my life. I take a prenatal (doctors choice for multi vitamin), calcium citrate, Vitamin C, Vitamin D (always been low in that even before my rny), and my sublingual B complex Vitamin. I was on Iron too till I got pregnant but had to quit taking it. Will start that again later. At first it's a pain to get used to taking all those pills at different times of the day but eventually it becomes natural. As for hurnia problems I have never had any and I had my gall bladder out 2 years prior to my rny.

Keep doing what you are doing! You look great!

Annie

Wonderful transformation! Congrats on your new blessing too! :)

Congrats!! How is your diet/food intake different now that your expecting?

Thank you everyone!!!!

Moviechick00 I am able to get away with eating some things that I shouldnt but its all in moderation. I eat about every 2-3 hours. When I was finally able to tolerate foods again I was able to eat a bit more then I could pre op. Then my restrictions came back full force around 17 weeks. I have gained around 9 pounds at 27 weeks. Its been a mental struggle to be ok with my body getting bigger again but I'm not freaking out like I was at first.

Thank you for sharing with us. Pregnancy is on the brain but I want to see how should the diet be modified. I know my surgeon is usually active when you become pregnant. He is a couple of hours away so it will make it hard to see him

Monthly.

Moviechick00 the only modifications I had to make to my diet was I needed a little more carbs and calories. Other then that everything else stayed the same. The closer I am getting to the end of my pregnancy the more carb and sugar sensitive I am getting. I have seen my surgeon twice so far throughout my pregnancy. I won't see him again till 8 weeks after I have my baby.

Jeslo1313 I followed my program to a t. I also had a bad first month and lost 42 pounds in 2 weeks. Was not fun at all. I had a 6 week stall after that. And thank god for that cause it took me that long to recover from the massive weight loss. I am 5'11. Best thing I can tell you is don't stress and don't compare yourself to others. Your body will do what is best for you. Walk, Protein, fluids and Vitamins.