Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! How have delt with chocolate cravings after surgery? Can you eat it in extreme moderation?

I have my surgery January 2nd 2014 amd I have chocolate cravings. I'm just wondering. Thanks!

Hi! How have delt with chocolate cravings after surgery? Can you eat it in extreme moderation?

I have my surgery January 2nd 2014 amd I have chocolate cravings. I'm just wondering. Thanks!

I do sugar feel chocolate pudding and my fav smoothy made with unsweetened cocoa, unflavored Protein powder, PB2 Peanut Butter with stevia to sweeten to my liking. I make it with soy or 1% milk and some ice to make it like a dessert. :-) yummy!

Mmmm! Sounds good!

I had surg 1/23/13 I allow myself dark chocolate when I really want chocolate. In contrôlée amount.

Trader Joe's Dark chocolate Nibs. 1 calorie a piece. Chocolate nibs dipped in 65% dark chocolate, very intense. A couple of nibs do the trick without sabotaging me.

I like natural flavored Protein shakes with raw organic chocolate powder, stevia and some coconut milk -- not the full liquid coconut milk, just some to enhance flavor and cocomilk works as a bit of sweet. Nut butter is a nice addition. I have given up peanuts, which are actually a legume, not a nut and most Peanut Butter in this country has a mold -- which might be related to why peanut allergies has risen, it might be a mold allergy. I most def am allergic to molds. But until a couple months ago, I did PB with my chocoshakes regularly. Now I am back to almond butter.

I have found that the more I eat unsweetened chocolate -- sometimes I blend some chocolate powder with half a banana for a quick sweet chocolate treat -- but I am not yet post=op.

I just want to say that the more unsweetened chocolate I do, the more I enjoy the taste of unsweetened chocolate. I do absolutely no sugar and I am dialing back on the stevia to keep myself away from craving sweet stuff. The more I do sugar free, the more I discover what food actually taste like without lots of sugar or lots of salt or, sometimes, both.

Edited by Tizzielish

Online Nutriwise hot chocolate protien drink 80 cals little carb and 15 protien

Mootopia chocolate Milk. 12g Protein per serving (1 cup) soooooooo GOOD!!!! Tastes like regular chocolate milk!!!!! NUT introduced it to me!!

Moottopia can be bought on line, esp. on Amazon but other websites. Mootopia has lots of sugar, though, and milk itself is loaded with carbs which become sugar in the blood stream. I am done with sugar and diary forever.

Yuck. Sugar and milk.

You can make great sugar delights with a banana, Water (or coffee or chai tea), chocolate powder and blend, then chill til it is like gelato. You can also add a couple tablespoons of chia seeds, which are all omega-3, Fiber and Protein -- no sugar, no carbs --- and it only takes ten minutes to set in the fridge into a great pudding. No dairy glucose, no sugar glucose.

Who would do milk if they didn't have to? Doesn't glucose cause dumping?

plain coconut milk (not the fatty stuff in cans but the light milky stuff often sold in the dairy case but which I make myself to avoid the caricinogenic carrageenan added to all commercial cocomilk, including organic products --- not to mention the crap nutrition of added nutritions which are really just added chemicals), raw chocolate powder, water/coffee/chai and, if you want thickness, some chia seeds and let them set ten minutes -- and you get a drinkable very chocolate drink with almost no carbs. The only carbs come from the chocolate and chocolate is loaded with good antioxidant.

If I am going to have my intestines permanently altered, messing with millions of years of human evolution of the digestive track, I'm damned if I am going to add crap like sugar or milk into my body, my temple, post-op. There are plenty of healthier ways to get sweet chocolate yummy treats without milk or sugar. Just a banana, chocolate powder and Water makes for a very delicious drink. Try it. Yeah, the banana has some carbs but bananas have lots of compensating nutrients. and if you only do half a banana, you get the benefits of the sweet banana without much in the way of adding to your glucose load.

Rethink how you eat, folks. Just changing what you always did using highly processed products is not really changing how you feed your body and that is what you really should be focussed on.

Walden Farms makes an excellent fat free, sugar free, calorie free chocolate Syrup. I've used it prior to my surgery and can vow, it's really good and chocolately.