Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have Only Lost About 10 Pounds On Liquid Diet....afraid Doctor Will Sew Me Up

I haven't have only lost about ten pounds. I have not cheated to my knowledge. I have been traveling for work and have eaten broth only at restaurants. I hope he still operates on me. Surgery. Monday.

Monday! You're almost there! Congratulations on that. I had a two-week pre-op and that's about what I lost. Or less. Went back up at surgery time and more after (fluids), then down, down. I know it's hard not to obsess over the scale but try to relax and know that the real goal is a healthy liver to make the surgery as easy as possible. I don't think surgery and recovery were nearly as difficult as the pre-op diet. Trading in all that anticipation for the joy and relief of finally getting there made the temporary pain/discomfort easy to go through. Best wishes for a nice relaxed weekend.......we will be thinking of you on Monday!

Don't sweat it. That is about all I lost. You will be fine. Congrats!

I haven't have only lost about ten pounds. I have not cheated to my knowledge. I have been traveling for work and have eaten broth only at restaurants. I hope he still operates on me. Surgery. Monday.

10 pounds is better than 0 pounds. You've done great, why do you hope your surgeon still operates? Did he give you a certain amount of weight to lose before surgery? Mine required me to lose 6 pounds. I had a 2 week pre-op and I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to lose those 6 pounds that I started my pre-op a week early. So I had a 3 week pre-op diet lol. Unless your surgeon gave you a specific number of pounds to lose, don't stress about the numbers, you've done great :)

Thank you ladies! I have been liquid only for 10 days. It is harder when you are traveling for work. I have had to eat at restuarants, and I did bring my Protein powder. Most restaurants have been great to provide a small cup of broth if asked for (which I did).

I had to "hold steady" to get approved and actually gained about 2 pounds. didn't really mean to. So, they have just reitterated to me about the weight loss. I know that I have done what they asked me to do, but still I am nervous.

Thanks for all the kind wishes. I am excited, but a little scared at the same time.

Thank you ladies! I have been liquid only for 10 days. It is harder when you are traveling for work. I have had to eat at restuarants, and I did bring my Protein powder. Most restaurants have been great to provide a small cup of broth if asked for (which I did).

I had to "hold steady" to get approved and actually gained about 2 pounds. didn't really mean to. So, they have just reitterated to me about the weight loss. I know that I have done what they asked me to do, but still I am nervous.

Thanks for all the kind wishes. I am excited, but a little scared at the same time.

You're welcome! Sometimes the weight comes off all of a sudden, instead of gradually, so you may be pleasantly surprised right before your operation. And it's normal to be scared, but honestly when it's all done and you've recovered, you will wish you'd have done this a lot sooner. Best wishes :)

You will be fine! I lost only 9 lbs before surgery, and that was enough. You will catch up later!!

I think they will only send you home if you gain weight :)

I lost nine on my pre op. Weight loss isn't the primary focus of the pre op diet. Shrinking your liver is. Most people do lose on their pre op diets just by their very nature but I have read accounts of people who didn't lose weight but did get their band placed.