Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

Just an FYI-

The Mt. Carmel Style Show will be featured on Fox News 28 this Friday. The time is supposed to be about 8:15AM.

:thumbup:Wow, I can only imagine how great you must feel with a hundred pounds gone!! That's awesome!! Was also glad to hear Julie is doing good after surgery. I am still going through the process to get my surgery done. I am planning on coming to the style show,and the May support group meeting. All the clearances are done now,so I think the next step is paying the two hundred dollars,and attending the nutrition class. The closer I get the more nervous,and excited I am getting. All the what ifs drive me crazy! LOL Keep up the great work everybody!!!

Joyce

How is everyone doing out there? The Columbus and Mt. Carmel threads here on the board has been pretty quiet. Check in and let us know how you are doing.

I am enjoying being able to get outside and do some yardwork and take some outside walks instead of depending on visits to the gym for exercise.

One thing I have noticed -- I no longer need to take Advil/Aleve for knee pain on a regular or daily basis like I did before. I get sore but its on days where I've done alot of physical work like digging and bending so that is "normal". Nice to be "normal" huh!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say hello to my band buddies and let you know that I was thinking of you! Things are still really busy with me, but I wanted to share my exciting news with YOU, my great support system! I hit 100 pounds today!!! Woohoo! It feels really great! It is also nice to look at my ticker and see I only have 21 lbs left (well before I look into plastics!) I hope everyone is enjoying this crazy spring we are having and I hope we can bump into each other on the boards or at a meeting this summer! Lots of love!

Niki

Congratulations Niki! That is fabulous! I'm envious you are getting so close to goal but I know you've worked hard for each and every pound so enjoy it! Can't wait to see you in a cute little black dress post plastic surgery too!!

Hi Niki & Kathy,

Figured I'd jump in here. Congratulations to both of you - that's great news! I finally got another fill last week. I hadn't had one since October and the last three months were quite frustrating. No matter what I did, I couldn't lose - only 4 lbs. in three months. So I've already lost five in the first week since the fill. That's what I'm talking about! I originally had set my own goal (about 20 lbs. higher than the dietitian's goal) but now that I've hit it, I definitely want to keep going - especially since "their" goal is in sight. That's enough rambling. Talk to you soon.

Edited by gregw

Niki that's great news!

Greg you'll make that goal, I know you will!

Congratulations to everyone!

Hello, my local buddies.

I am checking in. I haven't been on lately, but it looks like there is alot to Celebrate on this thread. WAY TO GO! Everyone is shrinking around here.

I am doing pretty good, with a set back. (I had an ankle injury and had to have surgery) I am in a cast; not exercsining until mid June - that is a rough way to go for me. so I am depending on diet alone to reduce my weight. July will be my 1 year band-aversary! I would like to be 15 pound lighter by then. (I will loss at least 2 pound when the cast comes off)

So I think I am going to start using the "myplate" website. I used it in the beginning and it really helped. Do any of you still use it?

Well keep it up.

PS. My last adjustment in Feb. has really held me at a good spot. I am glad to be a there. That helps so much.

Hi all haven't been around here much lately. Busy with the kids and such. Anyway doing really well tryingto get to that magic 100lb mark ( Only 8 more to go!) Started trying to walk or run everyday...yes I said run not sure what's gottten into me but I got the urge to RUN!! Imagine that never ran a day in my life that something wasn't chasing me lol! Anyway loving my new life and hoping to get to that goal!!

Greg, Lyn and Sarah -- good to hear how you are all doing.

I just got back from a week of vacation in Ft Myers and Naples, Florida and I ate way too much high calorie food because family was doing it and we were eating lots of meals out (Chinese, Greek, Italian, Steaks, Seafood) Ugh! I thought with all the walking and swimming I was doing I would be okay but the scale says +1 lb this a.m. here at home so that is a bummer.

Still struggling to only order the amount of food I can really eat and its so wasteful throwing away half a meal. We would take leftovers home to the condo where we stayed and I just couldn't eat them before we would be out for another nice meal.

My biggest downfall and tempation is my mother loves ice cream and we were going somewhere every day to get her ice cream and even with me skipping every other day and trying to be good, it is hard to see them eating and not want some too when it is 95+ degrees out.

I'm at home now and promising myself to get back on the BANDWAGON! No more excuses.