Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This has been a trying week. I have not had this problem until now. I don't want to eat or drink. I'm weak, nauseous, muscles hurt etc. I haven't been taking my bariatric Vitamin because it makes me sick; I've been taking the gummies. I don't know what to do to force myself to eat and drink. I've lost just over 30 pounds and I'm happy about that, but I'm worried about not getting the nutrients I need. Also, I finally had some bowel relief Monday because I hadn't gone in a month! I was so impacted; it was awful. I just need some help.

Have you talked to your doctor? You may need IV fluids at this point, and it might help with everything.

Sounds like dehyrdration. Never, ever let bowel problems continue for more than 4-5 5 days. Call your surgeon's office for instructions.

Re: your Vitamins, maybe try the Celebrate Multi-Complete. It's a chewable complete with Iron for the VSG patient, and the orange is really tasty to me. I suck on it like a candy while I'm preparing my morning Protein and Water. Your surgeon's office probably has some samples. I ordered my bottle on Amazon.< /p>

Definitely call your doctor ASAP. You are severely dehydrated. When you get a couple bags of IV Fluid in you, it will make a world of difference! Please keep us posted on what your doctor says!

Hey, guys...I had my surgery on November 20th. I am not taking in an enormous amount of fluids, but I do think I am getting in a pretty good amount. My surgeon really had no recommendations (as far as Vitamins are concerned...I did it in Mexico). I told him that I wanted to take some and what would be ok. He said that I shouldn't take any kind of pill or chewable. He suggests only having liquid Vitamins, but then he says that most liquid Multivitamins have zinc. He said that zinc is going to be bad on my stomach. The AquADEK's chewables I have have zinc, too. I did break down last night and give the liquid vitamins a try as I am so stressed out about becoming Vitamin deficient. My lips are a little chapped and when I took the liquid vitamins it burned my lips. It scared me because then I was scared of what it was doing to my freshly cut stomach. I don't know if maybe it was due to the vitamins being citrus flavored (my doc said nothing citrus or acidic) or if it was the Vitamin itself. Any suggestions? I really need to be taking something! Any recommendations on a good Multivitamin? I prefer liquid if anyone has any info. I know I can handle swallowing down a less tasty liquid easier than chewing a less tasty chewable that will stay ground in my teeth and last for a while! Thanks!

I was also told that I shouldn't have any Protein powder/drinks or anything at all. My diet right now strictly consists of swanson low sodium chicken broth, Water, and juices. I am not getting much calories, Protein, vitamins...anything really.

Hey, guys...I had my surgery on November 20th. I am not taking in an enormous amount of fluids, but I do think I am getting in a pretty good amount. My surgeon really had no recommendations (as far as Vitamins are concerned...I did it in Mexico). I told him that I wanted to take some and what would be ok. He said that I shouldn't take any kind of pill or chewable. He suggests only having liquid vitamins, but then he says that most liquid Multivitamins have zinc. He said that zinc is going to be bad on my stomach. The AquADEK's chewables I have have zinc, too. I did break down last night and give the liquid vitamins a try as I am so stressed out about becoming Vitamin deficient. My lips are a little chapped and when I took the liquid vitamins it burned my lips. It scared me because then I was scared of what it was doing to my freshly cut stomach. I don't know if maybe it was due to the vitamins being citrus flavored (my doc said nothing citrus or acidic) or if it was the vitamin itself. Any suggestions? I really need to be taking something! Any recommendations on a good Multivitamin? I prefer liquid if anyone has any info. I know I can handle swallowing down a less tasty liquid easier than chewing a less tasty chewable that will stay ground in my teeth and last for a while! Thanks! I was also told that I shouldn't have any Protein powder/drinks or anything at all. My diet right now strictly consists of swanson low sodium chicken broth, Water, and juices. I am not getting much calories, protein, vitamins...anything really.

I was sleeved same day as u..... My first week was Clear Liquids send if I can protein shakes.... The vitamins didn't start until today....... U need a multi vitamin I bought the complete brand that dissolves under tongue...........

how do the Vitamins taste? Do they dissolve fairly quickly? I am not allowed Protein shakes until next phase. And even then I can only have one a day. That makes me feel better, though, to know that your Vitamins didn't start until today. I have been stressing! LOL!

Oh, and do your Vitamins have zinc? Were you told not to take Vitamins with zinc?

I use Bariatric Fusion Vitamins. If you go with these, they're the only vitamins you need to take. They're chewable & you take them three times a day- a little pricey, but I get them through my doctor which is cheaper & then no shipping costs... I take those, Biotin & my antacid prescription. Good luck to you.

Btw... You are probably feeling weak because you have had absolutely no protein! I'm sure you'll feel much better after drinking isopure- (flavored drinks that are clear and full of protein.) you can get them at GNC. That's all I was given in the hospital & my surgeon (here in Connecticut) prescribed those for the first week, then those + regular Protein Shakes or Syntrax Nectar shakes for week two, then gradually add things like Greek yogurt, then onto puréed Soups, etc., soft foods, then finally onto full foods- one week of each. Bottom line is you need protein! I didn't need to take Vitamins until week 3, then chewables were ok.

Thanks for the info on the Isopure. I did look at some Isopure powder that was chocolate from GNC before I had my surgery. I thought they had some that were drinks already that were colored like fruity looking, but I didn't see any at the GNC I went to. Do I need to order them online, or do you think they will be at another GNC? Oh, and are those good or do they taste nasty? I will have to check further into that...that is a great idea! Thanks!

I'm sure you can get it online, but shipping would be pricey unless you get it on Amazon with Amazon prime. Yes, Isopure is a fruity drink that comes in a variety of flavors- clear glass bottles. I used to mix it with 50% Water so I could get my water & Protein in at once. Maybe someone else knows of another retail place that sells it? You may want to call your local GNC- they might be able to order it for you.

You can buy them at Vitamin Shoppe if you have one? They are pricey but I do one of those a day with a Premier Protein chocolate Shake(best tasting to me and it settles my tummy) it's cheapest at costco, SAMs or BJs...anywho the Isopure at VS you can buy single bottles in the oiler to try, then they sell cases too! Just stocked up myself! They are 40g Protein in 20 oz!

You can buy them at Vitamin Shoppe if you have one? They are pricey but I do one of those a day with a Premier Protein chocolate Shake(best tasting to me and it settles my tummy) it's cheapest at costco, SAMs or BJs...anywho the Isopure at VS you can buy single bottles in the oiler to try, then they sell cases too! Just stocked up myself! They are 40g Protein in 20 oz!

Boy ignore the typos! You can buy them in the COOLER...also as for the best tasting, I meant as far as chocolate shakes in my short experience ;)