Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate when people say, "Why surgery? You can lose weight on your own."

I hate when people say, "Your taking the easy way out."

I hate it when people say, "You were never "Fat" just big bone."

B.S. when people see you trying to better yourself, they find ways to keep you down because you being down keep them up. I don't care what people have to say, I'm doing me. There are people already not in my circle anymore, and I haven't even had my surgery yet. Imagine when I do, its really gonna ache them. Oh well, I know now who's for me and not against me. TEAM WLS!!! :)

I hate when people say, "Why surgery? You can lose weight on your own."

I hate when people say, "Your taking the easy way out."

I hate it when people say, "You were never "Fat" just big bone."

B.S. when people see you trying to better yourself, they find ways to keep you down because you being down keep them up. I don't care what people have to say, I'm doing me. There are people already not in my circle anymore, and I haven't even had my surgery yet. Imagine when I do, its really gonna ache them. Oh well, I know now who's for me and not against me. TEAM WLS!!! :)

People that ask why, are people that A. Don't have to worry about their weight or B. haven't tried to lose weight seriously for themselves. People that say "you're taking the easy way out" are just uneducated. If you are being open about having the surgery...maybe try educating them on all the work pre op AND post op. my youngest brother was the ONLY person who made these statements. (He is and always has been a stick..but he runs 3 miles daily so...) After I educated him on my weight loss struggles over the past decade and showed him my booklet of rules, requirements etc. for the sleeve, he shut his mouth. I can't wait to see him when he gets married next year, and I can't wait until be sees I did it and Im happy.

And people telling you that are just big boned are A. In denial about their own weight lol or B. are patronizing you because they don't know what else to say. This is a GREAT time to find out who your true friends are though lol

People that ask why, are people that A. Don't have to worry about their weight or B. haven't tried to lose weight seriously for themselves. People that say "you're taking the easy way out" are just uneducated. If you are being open about having the surgery...maybe try educating them on all the work pre op AND post op. my youngest brother was the ONLY person who made these statements. (He is and always has been a stick..but he runs 3 miles daily so...) After I educated him on my weight loss struggles over the past decade and showed him my booklet of rules, requirements etc. for the sleeve, he shut his mouth. I can't wait to see him when he gets married next year, and I can't wait until be sees I did it and Im happy.

And people telling you that are just big boned are A. In denial about their own weight lol or B. are patronizing you because they don't know what else to say. This is a GREAT time to find out who your true friends are though lol

I wish you the best on your journey and show your brother you did it. :)

Yes, I do believe these people are being condescending, which I've cut off one by one. I haven't even had the surgery, and already people are attacking me. That being said, "I drop them one by one." :) Thanks!!! Good luck to you.

Dinosaurs have big bones. Most of us don't.

One of my biggest pieces of denial is that I actually am small to medium boned. I've just covered those bones in fluff for most of my adult life.

I mean, I'm no delicate flower…but I'm not a Viking maiden either. Sheesh. People.

Dinosaurs have big bones. Most of us don't.

One of my biggest pieces of denial is that I actually am small to medium boned. I've just covered those bones in fluff for most of my adult life.

I mean, I'm no delicate flower…but I'm not a Viking maiden either. Sheesh. People.

:) I know..Sheesh, people!

i dont have a sleeve but wanted to post on this thread anyhow.....what you hate, now you can say is what i love is (looking/feeling better) than those who have spouted that nonsense...

i dont have a sleeve but wanted to post on this thread anyhow.....what you hate, now you can say is what i love is (looking/feeling better) than those who have spouted that nonsense...

I agree. :)

My mum's best friend, happens to be a man, decided that he should tell me that I should try losing weight on my own.

Thing is, I have previously done medically supervised weight loss, medically given weight loss pills, even went to Nashville's fat clinic at the age of 12, trying to lose my weight and get into the health range.

None of it actually worked.

With this surgery, I now have a whole team to help me. I have a tool to help me reach health range. Yes, I have a bunch of rules to follow for the rest of my life, but... I'll actually be LIVING my life.

I completely agree with you, on how rude and hurtful it is for someone to say it's an easy way out and to do it by yourself.

My mum's best friend, happens to be a man, decided that he should tell me that I should try losing weight on my own.

Thing is, I have previously done medically supervised weight loss, medically given weight loss pills, even went to Nashville's fat clinic at the age of 12, trying to lose my weight and get into the health range.

None of it actually worked.

With this surgery, I now have a whole team to help me. I have a tool to help me reach health range. Yes, I have a bunch of rules to follow for the rest of my life, but... I'll actually be LIVING my life.

I completely agree with you, on how rude and hurtful it is for someone to say it's an easy way out and to do it by yourself.

I know right. Good for you taking steps to be healthy. What procedure were you thinking of doing?

I know right. Good for you taking steps to be healthy. What procedure were you thinking of doing?

I had the vertical gastric sleeve on Oct. 24, 2013.

I'm a few days from being a month post op.

I've ate better now, than what I ever have before.

I had the vertical gastric sleeve on Oct. 24, 2013.

I'm a few days from being a month post op.

I've ate better now, than what I ever have before.

Cool!! That's what I'm leaning towards. Do you feel any different?

Cool!! That's what I'm leaning towards. Do you feel any different?

Since I'm making better eating choices, I just feel overall better.

I'm not eating junk foods.

Yesterday, I had a mini cupcake, and I didn't want more than just one.

Today, I'm celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, and I'm looking forward to having the smallest piece of cake there. xD

I know that when I'm allowed to exercise, I'll feel even better than now. :)

Since I'm making better eating choices, I just feel overall better.

I'm not eating junk foods.

Yesterday, I had a mini cupcake, and I didn't want more than just one.

Today, I'm celebrating my boyfriend's birthday, and I'm looking forward to having the smallest piece of cake there. xD

I know that when I'm allowed to exercise, I'll feel even better than now. :)

As long as you have self control, which I see you have, you'll do great. Enjoy the birthday cake....a small piece. :)