Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Wear To And From The Hospital?

What clothing did you wear to and from your surgery? Same outfit? Something loose? I'm trying to decide on a dress or shorts or sweats? Am I going to want anything touching my stomach? Do I want something I can wear without undies when I'm discharged?

Upon advice of others here at the site, I wore loose sweatpants, with a black tank top and larger black top over that. I wore slip on shoes (you will not want to bend down after surgery). When I arrived at the hospital, I had a bra on, but I don't recommend a bra post op- too restrictive and it would have touched 3 incisions in my case. That's why I wore the tank top underneath, to hold the "girls" a little. I had undies as well, and when I left I tucked them kind of under my tummy so they wouldn't touch my incision near my belly button that was very angry post op.

Good luck!

i wore sweats, undies, slip on shoes and no bra. best of luck to you!

Yoga pants, the ones you can roll down. A big shirt with a tank top under it (the tank didn't move much so it didn't make my incisions hurt) and a jacket. I am cold all the time now.

I wore loose fitting clothes, sweat pants and t-shirt. The morning after surgery after the catheter was removed I changed out of the hospital gown and wore my clothes the rest of the time. I packed cotton underwear, cotton sports bra, more sweat pants/capris and light tees. It wasn't bad having a light t-shirt on my stomach, but I wore the binder most of the time the first few days anyway.

Yoga pants, t shirt, bra, Ugg slippers. The abdominal binder covered the incisions so there was no problem with the bra interfering. I just basically had the same outfit with a pair of underwear to change into. The rest of the time in the hospital I was in one or two hospital gowns (depending on whether I was doing laps in the hall or not.)

My surgeon didn't use a catheter or binder. Crazy!

It was a black tie affair...

nah... something loose... that you can also wear home. I skipped the bra too.

I wore this. Didn't require me to bend to put it on and was loose over the abdominal area.

post-181996-0-50892300-1384727919_thumb.jpg

I wore this. Didn't require me to bend to put it on and was loose over the abdominal area.

I want something like that. Where did you purchased it

I want something like that. Where did you purchased it

Yoga pants, flip flops (might be a bit too chilly for those now, plus if your not good on your feet, I'd suggest some type of slippers or slip on shoes) and a t-shirt.

I wore scrub bottoms and big tshirt. Wore my bra with no problem and slip on shoes. I'm 2 wks out today and can just now bend good enough to tie shoes!

What I wore and what I wished I had worn were 2 different things. I wore jeans tot eh hospital and home. I was 3 hrs away so I couldnt send hubby home for a change of clothes. I totally didn't even think of comfort. Luckily the jeans were a bit losse so I was ok

I recommend sweats and a t tho...Good luck

Jogging suit & tank. I wore crocs so I could slip me feet in as needed without bending. I wore the samething out that I wore in. I was there for 30 hours, so overnight.