Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 3 weeks out today. Had my surgery on 10/21. I haven't lost a pound in over a week now. What is this about? I lost 10 in 2 week pre-op and 13 since surgery. Now i'm in a stall ALREADY. How can I get past this? It's a little irritating.

I haven't had my sleeve yet, but I have read a ton of stories of people who have been sleeved here on these forums and one theme I have picked up on is that the first stall can happen between 3-5 weeks out. Which you would be hitting three weeks so it's not outside the realm of possibility to already be hitting your first stall.

Good luck!

I too was sleeved 10/21 and I too have only lost 14lbs. I was stalled for several days. I am pretty sure I know some of the reasons. First, I have had trouble getting enough calories in. I believe between 600-800 is good, but I have been lucky to be hitting 500. I am trying to boost it a little, but I truly am not hungry or get full fast. But this weekend I did increase by a little and dropped a pound. Second, I think I just stalled early, didn't wait for the "three week stall". That's ok, hopefully I will get past it early too! Pre op I started changing my diet in August, at my own discretion. So I dropped almost 33lbs before surgery, so my body has already been in a "losing" mode for a while now. And finally is my activity level. I haven't been cleared to exercise yet, but I know I could be doing more. (walking) But working 8-5 and raising a 5 year old makes it hard. Plus I am in Ohio and it is dark by 5:30, when I get home. Not much for walking in the dark and cold. Could walk at a mall or the Y, but my daughter has to come with me and that is just a whole other set of issues... Ok, the last thing is truly an excuse. I need to get more exercise, period. Anyway, I am exactly at the same point as you and I am not worried or giving up. Just keep on keepin' on ( with the plan) and things will start happening again.

I too was sleeved 10/21 and I too have only lost 14lbs. I was stalled for several days. I am pretty sure I know some of the reasons. First, I have had trouble getting enough calories in. I believe between 600-800 is good, but I have been lucky to be hitting 500. I am trying to boost it a little, but I truly am not hungry or get full fast. But this weekend I did increase by a little and dropped a pound. Second, I think I just stalled early, didn't wait for the "three week stall". That's ok, hopefully I will get past it early too! Pre op I started changing my diet in August, at my own discretion. So I dropped almost 33lbs before surgery, so my body has already been in a "losing" mode for a while now. And finally is my activity level. I haven't been cleared to exercise yet, but I know I could be doing more. (walking) But working 8-5 and raising a 5 year old makes it hard. Plus I am in Ohio and it is dark by 5:30, when I get home. Not much for walking in the dark and cold. Could walk at a mall or the Y, but my daughter has to come with me and that is just a whole other set of issues... Ok, the last thing is truly an excuse. I need to get more exercise, period. Anyway, I am exactly at the same point as you and I am not worried or giving up. Just keep on keepin' on ( with the plan) and things will start happening again.

Check to see if your YMCA has a child watch. Mines does in Norfolk, Va and I must tell you that it's a lifesaver. Two hours a day and a Parent's night out which you can sign up for once a month where they stay from 6:30pm-9:30pm and you can leave the building and do things that you want to do. That's the reason that i'll be a Y member for life!

I was sleeve 10/16 and have been in a "stall" for the last week. Driving me nuts! I get in 600-800 a day and walk quite a bit but am stuck. Am going to convince myself not to get on the scale for the next few days so it's not as stressful if the stall is still going. lol

Stalls are three weeks or longer at the same weight.

Preop diets get counted into your total weight loss. Why? Your body doesn't care that you lost half that weight before surgery. It only knows you've lost a bundle of weight in a very short time, and that you're currently eating a fraction of your previous dietary intake. Everyone's body slows down a bit a few weeks after surgery because your body needs to know that 1) you're not dying, 2) you're going to keep eating and 3) the shock of surgery is only happening once.

See here for perspective:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/259120-before-you-post-youve-only-lost-x-pounds/

~Cheri

I am glad to hear I am not alone! This week has been depressing, I haven't lost anything! I was sleeved Oct 8- and have lost 36 lbs. I was so wanting to hit the 40 lb mark this week, but it didn't happen. We just need to be patient, it will come off.

I lost a ton of weight the first month. Week 5 with my surgeons approval I began my birth control pill again. I only lost 3 lbs this week. I was very upset but you know what? We are going to hit little plateaus and we are going to keep losing for a while yet still to come.

Are you drinking enough? Enough Proteins? Exercise? Pooping? Have you noticed even if you aren't losing weight that you are still losing inches? Be patient. 8)

Hi

Was sleeved Oct 26. The first week I lost 16 pounds but only 1 pound the second week. Not to sure why either, but I am trying to be patient. I agree that it is hard to get in more than 500 calories, but luckily I am getting in the Protein...

Hope it passes for all of us - I am sure it will.

I'm averaging between 500-700 calories a day. Some days I still struggle with my Protein, but, I hardly EVER get in my Water. I did measure today and have lost 5 inches off my waist. So, I know things are changing, just not the scale.......lol. It will come.