Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

People Time To Focus!

I'm a newbie in this site and I'm already getting sick and tired of people using this as a way to argue about who knows best, lap band haters etc. Like the majority of people here, when I decided to register to this site was to get encouragement, support and tips on how to deal with this new journey that I'm about to start. It is soooo sad that every single time that I visit this site instead of leaving refresh with lots info I see a whole bunch of negative comments.

ENOUGH PEOPLE!!! Time to focus and get it together!!

That been said, My lapband/plication is on the 18th of this month. I started my preo-op diet last Wed. It's been difficult but ok at the same time. I feel like before I didn't think as much about food but since I started my pre- op liquid diet I'm constantly looking at the clock to make sure that I eat something within 3 or 4 hours. But despite that I'm looking forward for my new begenning.

Hi. Good luck w surgery!! Everyone picks different surgeries to fit their needs or situations. You will always find haters. Here and in real life! Good luck and congrats on making the decision to a healthier you!!

Co

Hi Ya Ya, the pre-op is, well, so pre-occupying! And just when there is so much going on -- the getting ready mentally, etc. I will be thinking of you on the 18th. Do you have a hospital overnight? This was my first time with that (and I'm 52!) and the whole experience was so much better than I expected it to be. As soon as I started getting up to pee I started walking up and down the hallways and I did that each time up and down as many times as possible. Then I'd go drop off for another couple of hours and repeat. Saline and Ibuprofen drip, so I had to relieve my bladder (or felt like I did). I would think to myself after unplugging from the wall and getting IV pole rolling, I may as well put my robe on and do that walking! I think it really helped a lot and I have continued at home. The thought that I would turn into one of those voluntary walkers and be enthusiastic about it is astounding to me. I'm going for my one-week followup with the surgeon this morning and I'm feeling so good about everything. Not hungry at all, though I'm prepared for that return. For me, Popsicles and teas have been really nice as well as salty broth. I keep trying a Protein Shake but I guess I had so many of those pre-op that now I am not interested. I will need to start focusing on Protein but the doc said not to worry about that this week. Oh, just so you know there is some Fluid gain after the surgery and then that releases -- in my case the fifth day. Probably better not to get on the scale but of course I had to do that. Also be sure to stay on top of your digestion, especially if you are prone to Constipation. I didn't do narcotics and am so glad -- for me better to endure the discomfort and handle any pain with Ibu and Tylenol rather than have the out of it feeling of narcotics and the body shutting down just when I need it to heal. Every one is different, though. If you do take narcotics be sure to talk to your doctor et al about stool softeners, etc. (sorry to bring this sh*t up!). Good luck to you -- keep us posted!

Thank you ladies! @ Bandista Yes, I'll be staying at the hospital for a night. I'm glad you are doing so well. I can't wait for the 18th to get here. Thanks for the tips and I wish you the best on your follow up appointment.