Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"know It Alls"

AHAHAHAH AHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAH (chocking on slime) AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH

Nana, your crap is worse than getting stuck.

OKOKKO on a serious note, and this is for the sleevers and bypassers. There is no reason you can't venture in OUR TERRITORY, and give US advice, or comment on our ARROGANT attitudes. (Was that enough caps NaNa?) Because in the end, we talk about a wide variety of issues and they are not exclusive to one surgery type or another. Case in point, this post is all about NaNa's tirade on giving and getting advice. Clearly this is not a 'for bandsters eyes only' kind of post. One must remind my dear delusional friend, that if you put it in public it's for the public's viewing. So may I kindly request all nonbandsters to please frequent our posts and join in the conversations. I'd love your insight/feedback. And disregard any pushback you get.

We are not 'teams' playing surgery wars. I'm far to consumed with the tit for tat game to indulge in that MUAHAAHHAHAHA

I live in a small town. Shucks... I guess I don't like diversity. Hmmm... nope... I think it's just that I don't feel the need to browbeat everyone who doesn't see things my way. Nana... you do have experience and obviously you have done your research. .. it's funny though that people that agree with you are "smart" and to be respected and those that don't are ignorant and uninformed. I'm happy for you that you found something to be so passionate about but putting down every one else's opinions, experience and choice of surgeons will not earn you respect. I too, made a comment recently( while recovering and in a bad place) that really put a lot of people off. The next day I went back and read through all the drama. All I could do was shake my head. I realized if that many people where ganging up on me then maybe I should check myself. It's not always what you say but how you say it. For example; I am a hair stylist, I have seen other stylists that have been in the business for 20-30 years and still have very little talent, while I have also seen stylists one year out that produce the most beautiful work. My point is maybe people are reading into what you say as being better than them just because you've done it longer. And while in some ways the years of experience give you more knowledge on some level, constantly bringing it up and YELLING in your posts isn't working. You seem to have put a certain surgeon on a pedistal and continue to put down others. Maybe that is not your intention but that's how it comes off. ... Now, if you don't care then carry on... but if you really want to reach people and help them then maybe really look and listen to how othet people are reacting to you. Good luck

To answer another point you made...

I did not imply that JennyBean was "smart" because she agreed with me, I implied that JennyBean was "smart" and wise by going into her Lap Band journey with her eyes open and LEARNING, and hearing what 'others' like O'Brien has to say about the new no longer waiting to drink rule.

She did not say she was agreeing with me, I don't expect EVERYONE to agree with me, I mentioned that in my post everything I say is not GOSPEL, I advised people to take what helps them and discard the rest.

There is nothing about my post that insinuates that I am arrogant or a "know it all". Have I learned many things going on 9 years with my lap band? SURE, I've done my homework, read MANY studies, good and bad, seen MANY with complications and how they happened...SO if I am "wiser" from all of this ...I guess you can call me a "know it all".

And I thought us VSGers were a dramatic bunch. This merger of WLS forums has really broadened my horizons!!! ;-)

Oh and Seela, don't beat yourself up over your "post de resistance". It happens. I had a post, at about 4 weeks out, where I literally "blah blah blah'd" the op and crew. I still maintain their point of view was wrong and potentially unhealthy but, damn, my delivery sucked and I was out of line. I owned it and moved on.

HAHAHAH Amanda, we are dramatic arent we hahahah. I personally see it as a great distraction to food and has kept me in tip top shape LOL (jk)

It's not normally like this. We are having a..um... flare up if you will. The fire just won't die.

I'm 5 days post op. My doctors office follows the "green zone guidelines" and I have the no liquids 30min before or after meals.

I don't think 30min being "stuck" "food just sitting there" is going to damage my "pouch"? Maybe I'm wrong but just my opinion and my doctors and that is what I will do!

To answer another point you made...

I did not imply that JennyBean was "smart" because she agreed with me, I implied that JennyBean was "smart" and wise by going into her Lap Band journey with her eyes open and LEARNING, and hearing what 'others' like O'Brien has to say about the new no longer waiting to drink rule.

She did not say she was agreeing with me, I don't expect EVERYONE to agree with me, I mentioned that in my post everything I say is not GOSPEL, I advised people to take what helps them and discard the rest.

There is nothing about my post that insinuates that I am arrogant or a "know it all". Have I learned many things going on 9 years with my lap band? SURE, I've done my homework, read MANY studies, good and bad, seen MANY with complications and how they happened...SO if I am "wiser" from all of this ...I guess you can call me a "know it all".

You know... it's really a shame that I approached you without an attitude and with sincerity and you are so defensive that you can't even see your own hand in front of your face. You just keep repeating the same things over and over. Instead of sharing your information you shove it. I don't believe anyone said anything about you being a bander... just a know it all with prejudice and a superiority complex. And for the record... oh.. never mind, your not worth it. If you could figure out a way to come down off your high horse you might actually be able to help someone. Otherwise you are just NOISE *(was that loud enough?)*

I'm 5 days post op. My doctors office follows the "green zone guidelines" and I have the no liquids 30min before or after meals.

I don't think 30min being "stuck" "food just sitting there" is going to damage my "pouch"? Maybe I'm wrong but just my opinion and my doctors and that is what I will do!

And congrats on your new surgery! I am very happy that you responded in an articulate way, GOOD FOR YOU, follow your surgeons rules, if he sees a problem with it long term, then your surgeon can address it.

The point of my post was to poll people and ask them if they were following one of the new rules, everyone does not use that rule...Heck I did not use it when I first got banded, I followed the 30/30 rule with my first band for many years....did it cause my esophagus to become horribly dilated? NO.....

However, I did not keep my lap band horribly too tight, nor did not vomit often either, so NOTHING is set in stone, however O'Brien's point was he did not see an advantage to not drinking while eating and some people developed esophageal dilation over time, it does not mean everyone will...

Will I follow this new eating rule? Maybe I will do it sometimes, but not all the time...NO one ever asked me this question out 100 replies to that post..LOL :rolleyes:

But the new O'Brien's not waiting to drink has made me MORE more comfortable in drinking while I eat especially when I go out to restaurants with hubby and I will no longer feel guilty by drinking while eating... :P

I really like John Mellencamp...

Got nothing against a big town

Still hayseed enough to say

Look who's in the big town

But my bed is in a small town

Oh, that's good enough for me

You're not just wise, you're an "elite level bandster."

Do you sleevers have elite level sleevers? Man, I hope to get there one day. I wonder if the administrators send us a gold plated pen?! I will flash my shiny pen in your faces, everyday, because us elite bandsters can do that you know ahhaha

And congrats on your new surgery! I am very happy that you responded in an articulate way, GOOD FOR YOU, follow your surgeons rules, if he sees a problem with it long term, then your surgeon can address it.

The point of my post was to poll people and ask them if they were following one of the new rules, everyone does not use that rule...Heck I did not use it when I first got banded, I followed the 30/30 rule with my first band for many years....did it cause my esophagus to become horribly dilated? NO.....

However, I did not keep my lap band horribly too tight, nor did not vomit often either, so NOTHING is set in stone, however O'Brien's point was he did not see an advantage to not drinking while eating and some people developed esophageal dilation over time, it does not mean everyone will...

Will I follow this new eating rule? Maybe I will do it sometimes, but not all the time...NO one ever asked me this question out 100 replies to that post..LOL :rolleyes:

But the new O'Brien's not waiting to drink has made me MORE more comfortable in drinking while I eat especially when I go out to restaurants with hubby and I will no longer feel guilty by drinking while eating... :P

Does anyone else find this very condesending? " I am very happy that you responded in an articulate way"? What does that mean? That kind of comment is exactly what everyone is talking about. Your sharing of knowledge and experience is great but your delivery sucks!

Na Na your post was not about eating and drinking after you asked if we were letting food sit in our esophagus for long periods because the band was placed around the bottom of the esophagus which is a crock of bull. The band is placed on the fundus the area 2 to 3 inches below the esophagus and if you have food sitting in your esophagus you have a problem with your sphincter not closing and or you are over eating. Any surgeon that would put a band around the bottom of your esophagus is an idiot. No need to answer either because I really don't give a rats ass on your opinion one way or another. Stop giving out wrong information.

Yes

Does anyone else find this very condesending? " I am very happy that you responded in an articulate way"? What does that mean? That kind of comment is exactly what everyone is talking about. Your sharing of knowledge and experience is great but your delivery sucks!

Whhhhhaaaatttt? Condescending? Say it isn't so. We are too stupid to be right. Better ask NaNa hahahaha

PS Having a great band today? How's everyone doing with their bands/sleeves/bypasses :)

AHAHAHAH AHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAH (chocking on slime) AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH

Nana, your crap is worse than getting stuck.

OKOKKO on a serious note, and this is for the sleevers and bypassers. There is no reason you can't venture in OUR TERRITORY, and give US advice, or comment on our ARROGANT attitudes. (Was that enough caps NaNa?) Because in the end, we talk about a wide variety of issues and they are not exclusive to one surgery type or another. Case in point, this post is all about NaNa's tirade on giving and getting advice. Clearly this is not a 'for bandsters eyes only' kind of post. One must remind my dear delusional friend, that if you put it in public it's for the public's viewing. So may I kindly request all nonbandsters to please frequent our posts and join in the conversations. I'd love your insight/feedback. And disregard any pushback you get.

We are not 'teams' playing surgery wars. I'm far to consumed with the tit for tat game to indulge in that MUAHAAHHAHAHA

You sure do say TIT a lot. Just an observation.... :ph34r: :lol: