Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel like I can eat wayyyy to much!

I am a little over two weeks out and feel like I can eat way more than I am supposed to. Anyone else feel like this? I can eat almost any food.< /p>

You should probably stick to your surgeon recommendations and don't experiment with food, especially in this early stage. You can make yourself sick :( your stomach is still healing and you may not have satiety feeling until few months after the surgery. I am 3 months out and just started to feel full recently... Don't jeopardize the effort and the pain you went through...

I am a little over two weeks out and feel like I can eat way more than I am supposed to. Anyone else feel like this? I can eat almost any food.< /div>

Yes! I'm 3 weeks out today and feel exactly the same! Scary because I worry the surgery won't work but what's said above is right. Those nerves that fire full signals to the brain aren't healed yet. I'm just sticking to what the Dietician said to eat and hoping hoping hoping all will be ok.

Forget about what you can or can't do and focus all of your energy on following the protocol as closely to the letter as you possibly can. Trust the process and the weight will take care of itself.

You're gonna love the new you!!

I am a little over two weeks out and feel like I can eat way more than I am supposed to. Anyone else feel like this? I can eat almost any food.

I'm 3 1/2 months post op & down 50lbs just let your body heal & weight eill come off.

Thanks for the replies! Will follow the doctors orders and hopefully I will soon see and feel a difference. I still have incision pain and a sharp pain in my left side. Doc said that's my "old stomach". Is this normal too?

Thanks for the replies! Will follow the doctors orders and hopefully I will soon see and feel a difference. I still have incision pain and a sharp pain in my left side. Doc said that's my "old stomach". Is this normal too?

Very true just be patient

I'm five weeks post-op and stick to approved foods. However, I never feel full, so i think i eat too much as well

I measure my food, still, and I'm six months out. I log everything on myfitnesspal to keep track of exactly what i eat.

Give those nerves time to heal. They're all stoned in there. Imagine yourself high on special brownies ... Well, that's how your gut feels right now.

Eat what your plan advises and try to be patient. Easier said than done but in this instance, it's so worth it.

Good luck! :)

I measure my food' date=' still, and I'm six months out. I log everything on myfitnesspal to keep track of exactly what i eat.[/quote']

This is the best advice, no matter how much you feel you can eat. Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. At five months I also still measure and track my food. It'll help you meet all your Protein requirements. It also keeps you from eating too much (which, for me, results in a few hours of pure misery).

I think the part that scares me is that I WANT to feel some restriction! That's half the point of the surgery. I don't know if Harleychic13 agrees but I want to NOT be able to eat as much as I could before. Yes, of course we should stick to what our advisers tell us to eat - but if there's no restirction there, it's just another diet and the reason we all had the RNY is because we've often succeeded then failed again with diets.

I'm sure I will feel restriction when those nerves are firing on all cylinders and this morning, I made scrambled egg and could only eat half of it - not really because I felt restriction but becuase I felt a little nauseous and thought that was a good time to stop.

I guess it's just a fear that I'll be the one in a million that the surgery doesn't work for, lol. When I start to feel like that, I just remind myself that I'm only three weeks out and that I expect many people feel like this at some point :-)

I measure my food' date=' still, and I'm six months out. I log everything on myfitnesspal to keep track of exactly what i eat.[/quote']

I am 4 1/2 months out and down 84 lbs since surrey and 100lbs total. I log everything as well on myfitnesspal.

I'm DLBANKS feel free to add me. :)

HW 343 SW 326 CW 245 GW 177 (98lbs gone) woohoo

I think the part that scares me is that I WANT to feel some restriction! That's half the point of the surgery. I don't know if Harleychic13 agrees but I want to NOT be able to eat as much as I could before. Yes, of course we should stick to what our advisers tell us to eat - but if there's no restirction there, it's just another diet and the reason we all had the RNY is because we've often succeeded then failed again with diets.

I'm sure I will feel restriction when those nerves are firing on all cylinders and this morning, I made scrambled egg and could only eat half of it - not really because I felt restriction but becuase I felt a little nauseous and thought that was a good time to stop.

I guess it's just a fear that I'll be the one in a million that the surgery doesn't work for, lol. When I start to feel like that, I just remind myself that I'm only three weeks out and that I expect many people feel like this at some point :-)

I agree uk, maybe it's because we had the band and we know what the restriction feels like. I really have to control how much I eat right now because I am not getting full on 1-2 ounces!