Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Me, good to hear from you. Did you mean Galveston?

Srreeder, Thanks for replying. How are you doing 5 wks out? Hope it's going well. I'm in the midst of meeting insurance and doctor criteria, all of which is grinding right along. If all goes well surgery may happen near end of June. Cross fingers! If you have time I would like to hear how your last 5 weeks have gone, what Dr P wants you to do post-op.

Yes I did sorry

Srreeder, Thanks for replying. How are you doing 5 wks out? Hope it's going well. I'm in the midst of meeting insurance and doctor criteria, all of which is grinding right along. If all goes well surgery may happen near end of June. Cross fingers! If you have time I would like to hear how your last 5 weeks have gone, what Dr P wants you to do post-op.

I am doing wonderful! No complications, down 24 lbs since surgery, 44 total. I was able to start flying again at 4 weeks out, job requirement! I can find items on most menus, if not I keep a handy Protein mix in my bag. I I did have on sticking episode at a lunch with a co-worker, got the foamies in front of a co-worker, had to super spit, gag, into a napkin. That was a little embarrassing. Almost had Moon over Montreal in the Montreal airport, my pants just kept on sliding down! I have found I have to make myself walk, stairs, throughout my day. I use MyBasis tracker to ensure I get my steps. The poet op diet was the usual 1 week liquid, 2 full liquid, 2 puréed, 2 soft. I advanced myself a little quicker and had no probs.

I hope that helps! Dr. p rocks!

I'm in the DFW area and am scheduled for surgery June 17,2014

<p>I'm in the DFW area and am scheduled for surgery June 17,2014</p>

who is your surgeon?

@@music1618 I'm at Barker Bariatric, and Dr. Hodges will be doing my surgery.

<p>@@music1618 I'm at Barker Bariatric, and Dr. Hodges will be doing my surgery.</p>

welcome to the Barker family. He did my surgery 2 years ago! I love dr Thompson. If you ever need anything let me know!

DFW here! Scheduled for bypass surgery May 20th with Dr. Matin.

@ Music1618...yes Dr. Thompson had us all cracking up at the part 2 consultation...funny but a great way of emphasizing some important points.

@ BariatricCeliac...oooh...Good Luck...that is coming up pretty quick....are you ready?

Jun 17 seems so far off in some ways.....but as I'm reading and researching....it seems about right. I'm on a teacher schedule, so Jun 17 is the day I picked. I have only shared with one of my team mates because I know she can keep a secret....some of my team-mates have such a negative opinion of WLS because they know one person who got a bowel obstruction 10 years ago....so I'm just not ready to share with them...my family is totally supportive and that is what matters most.

<p>@ BariatricCeliac...oooh...Good Luck...that is coming up pretty quick....are you ready?</p>

I am SO ready!! I started this journey in October (insurance required six month waiting period) so it has been a long time coming. I had my pre-op visit with my surgeon today... so excited. :)

Hey y'all! Had my sleeve on April 21st. I'm in San Antonio and had my surgery done with Dr. Duperier. Amazing amazing amazing surgeon with a great staff.

Hope all of you are doing well. I'm down 22lbs. Yay sleeve!

Hiya! My husband (sleeve) and I (rny) have a tentative date of July 14th (waiting on approval) with Dr Provost in Denton.

Thank you, for your Southern hospitality, in welcoming me to this site. Congrats on your surgery date 10-28-13! That is the day I start my 2 week pre-op diet. I am having my surgery on 11-11-13 as well as my Husband. I am going in first then him. Yippie!

Janifer, how did that work out, with you and your husband same day? How long did you stay at the hospital? How was recovery?